• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Ohio Governor John J Gilligan dies

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Former Ohio Gov. John J. Gilligan dies | The Columbus Dispatch

His daughter is current head of HHS. He was from my home town and got beat a couple years before I could vote. He was a good man though I disagreed with his politics. He imposed an income tax on Ohio which some say is the reason why he was a one term governor. He and his daughter were the first Father-Daughter governors in US History

from the article

John J. Gilligan, Ohio's 62nd governor who induced the legislature to enact the state's first personal income tax and establish an Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, died today at his home in Cincinnati following a long illness. He was 92.

I bet Death told him it would only be a three hour tour.

Back
Top Bottom