• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg for president?

Red:
Truly, I've neither performed nor seen others' "trait-by-trait" analysis of what Mike offers in comparison to any other specific Dem candidates do. Perhaps you'd care to share your analysis in that regard?

A reasonable query. Honestly, it is too early. That's why I entitled the thread with a "?". I'm open to other candidates. I'd like to see a field filled with honorable alternatives having administrative experience, integrity, sincerity who are for the people and not their own egos. No doubt ego is an issue for Bloomberg, not money. He's also proved himself capable of cooperating with both parties. He's relatively pragmatic.

Bloomberg is sincere, he has integrity, administrative experience and he's relatively sane. :) He has proven himself a man for the people as Mayor of NYC. So far I see no other potential candidates with all these qualities, but I am not familiar with all of them, and the list is growing.

If we've learned anything from out current president, having a big mouth and empty promises can win an election. A lot of those are on the table, as always.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...rg-plans-drink-beer-at-thursdays-knicks-game/

i haven't chosen the anti-Trumpist candidate who i support the most yet.

Good for him. I hope he enjoyed the game and the beers.

If all your decisions for choosing a new president are based on being anti Trump and a few beers, you've got a lame criteria.

BTW this nation was founded on booze and prostitution. A topic for another thread, but keep in mind the Pilgrims on the Mayflower decided to land at Plymouth rather than their destination, NY Harbor, because they ran out of beer. :) I'm enjoying a bottle of stout right now. My Saturday afternoon treat, and my doctors approve. Good for the digestion.

-Taxing big sodas made him look like a joke and a nanny statist

- He's a gun-grabber, while also acting as a hypocrite on the issue. He recently called for Johns Hopkins to have armed guards.

-He's a New York elitist. That's as bad as being a California elitist.

Back
Top Bottom