• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Maine cops get jail time for killing porcupines

A buddy and I were walking down a road in Rumford Me. one day back in the mid 70's and we came up on a house where a guy was trying to beat on a porcupine who was half way under his front steps using a steel garden rake. My buddy wanted to beat the shit out of the guy and it was all I could do to keep him off the guy.

We finally convinced the guy to him stop hurting the poor thing and we promised to relocate it. My friend ran home and got a fishing net and a apple crate. It took us about 30 minutes to get him in the net, and then we found the his right front paw was really mangled.

He ended up keeping the Porcupine as a pet and named him "tripod" because the paw never healed right. The thing got around pretty good on 3 legs and he kept it for about 12 years before it died from old age. I couldn't believe how lovable and domesticated Tripod was. He was spoiled rotten and would raise hell when ever it was feeding time, or he would just want some attention and sit there gibbering away at everyone's feet.
Nice story! I bet you didn't pet him much, though.

Go to youtube and watch how they carry on with people. They jabber on like there's no tomorrow, and their sounds change when they want something, and want it now!
We had an enormous guinea pig who was the same way. I got him a nice big rabbit cage and he was in the living room with us most of the time, we let him out to romp, too. I had to take him out of the room before Wild Kingdom on Sunday nights, though. He nearly had a heart attack hearing some of those predators. And whenever the refrigerator door opened we heard from him LOUDLY.

Back
Top Bottom