• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Keystone Pipeline worker says US energy crisis is result of Biden's policies: 'We tried to warn you'

Doesn't appear to be the case according to the polls including the Gallup poll which asks if you are better off today than a year ago. Do you know what TDS is?
Apparently it's an affliction on people still prone to believing in the charlatan Trump. P.T. Barnum was right. There's one born every minute.
I keep waiting for someone with TDS to explain to us exactly what Trump did that generated this kind of hatred and irrational behavior.
Besides desperately trying to overturn the legal, certified election results of this democracy? Hatred of Trump isn't irrational. Quite the contrary, it is supremely rational. The American electorate would simply rather not have a lying, crooked, self-serving election-stealing authoritarian despot in the Oval Office. Go figure. Hard to believe, eh?
Still waiting. If you bothered to get the internals of the November 2020 polls you would find exactly how many voted FOR Biden as millions simply voted AGAINST Trump due to this irrational disease called TDS
And if you stopped breathing your own Methane and came up for air, you'd take your own statistics as more than enough reason. Feeble attempts at fostering buyer's remorse over Biden are way beyond laughable. They double me over every time I see them.

You'll have to wait at least another couple of generations until enough Americans are sufficiently addlepated with Alzheimer's before enough of us forget why we voted Trump out of office. I'm sure they'll be spoon feeding me with a bib on before I'll forget. It's almost impossible. Every day that Trump continues to open his mouth, he reminds us again how Biden stands head, shoulders and torso above him as a US president.

What the Frick are you talking about?
It's interesting that a Conservative like yourself would back the federal government breaking a treaty and stealing land from sovereign nations. Big government isn't always so bad, like when they back foreign oil companies taking and polluting American land, right?
What treaty? What foreign land has the US stolen

Apparently it's an affliction on people still prone to believing in the charlatan Trump. P.T. Barnum was right. There's one born every minute.

Besides desperately trying to overturn the legal, certified election results of this democracy? Hatred of Trump isn't irrational. Quite the contrary, it is supremely rational. The American electorate would simply rather not have a lying, crooked, self-serving election-stealing authoritarian despot in the Oval Office. Go figure. Hard to believe, eh?

And if you stopped breathing your own Methane and came up for air, you'd take your own statistics as more than enough reason. Feeble attempts at fostering buyer's remorse over Biden are way beyond laughable. They double me over every time I see them.

You'll have to wait at least another couple of generations until enough Americans are sufficiently addlepated with Alzheimer's before enough of us forget why we voted Trump out of office. I'm sure they'll be spoon feeding me with a bib on before I'll forget. It's almost impossible. Every day that Trump continues to open his mouth, he reminds us again how Biden stands head, shoulders and torso above him as a US president.
What most see is an incompetent empty public servant in office now

What most see is an incompetent empty public servant in office now
No - not at all. Not if you step outside your bubble.

I guess you must have missed his very popular SOTU address. Despite that well deserved bump, Biden's poll numbers are squeezed because, as a Centrist, he gets hammered from both sides of the political spectrum - which is exactly where the cognoscenti of the American electorate would have expected him to be.

The Ukraine invasion is Putin's fault. As for the oil shit, we should have ditched it decades ago. Every time some oil rich dictator farts, we all get screwed even if there's still enough oil, as the gamblers love to jack the price up and the oil companies control the production. I hope that we finally take the hint and wise up, but progress can be very slow.

What the Frick are you talking about?

What treaty? What foreign land has the US stolen

So you are supporting a pipeline which you are not even educated about? I didn't say foreign nation - it clearly read a foreign company versus a sovereign nation -- Native American land.

The federal government violated the 1851 Treaty of Ft Laramie and 1855 Lame Bull Treaty, in which the US committed to protect against future harm to the tribes’ natural resources.

Maps issued by TransCanada (TC Energy) clearly show the proposed KXL pipeline crossing tribal lands. They are proposing to do so without the tribal consent required under the treaty law. The Tribes argue that the 2019 permit, which would allow a Canadian company (TransCanada) to build another dirty tar sand crude pipeline across American soil, also creates a substantial risk of

• the desecration and destruction of cultural, historic, and sacred sites;
  • the endangerment of tribal members, especially women and children;
  • damage to hunting and fishing resources, as well as the tribal health and economies associated with these activities;
  • the impairment of federally reserved tribal water rights and resources;
  • harm to tribal territory and natural resources in the inevitable event of Pipeline ruptures and spills; and
  • harm to the political integrity, economic stability, and health and welfare of the Tribes.
The United States must answer to the Tribes for violations of the treaties and be instructed to honor them. NARF will not allow the US government to ignore or forget the agreements made with tribal nations. Neither the president nor wealthy foreign corporations are above the laws of our country.

What's wrong with you? This should make you realize that we should become energy independent so we aren't hostage to a man like Putin or middle east bribes.

Stop using the war in Ukraine to hate on Biden, both sides agreed to do this sanction. We will deal. It's worth a few extra bucks to help others.
Sanctions on Putin's oil is great. It's what we do to deal with it at home that is not. We have oil and gas and we should be pumping here and not standing in the way with regulations and permits that are slow walked to prevent them being issued. Biden bragged about 9,000 leases, yet a year ago it was 37,000 leases. He has so many regulations that stand in the way that they do not talk about and are not common knowledge. Such as the permits to drill, to do exploration, to transport the product, to build and operate pipelines. The cost of setting up rigs and to do exploration, because nothing is guaranteed in these leases, is very costly and Biden promised to kill the fossil fuel industry so they are noticeably cautious about spending more on drilling. This is a bi-product of Biden policies.
What we don't need to do is buy from Maduro and just shift from one dictator to another. I offered that up a week ago as a temporary fix while we get our own production increased, but on further thought that really just perpetuates bad policy. We can't and shouldn't do business with these oppressive governments and there are plenty of them. If we can produce our needs that's what we should do.

Millions of tried to warn people in this country of that empty suit Biden and the pending disaster that will hit this country but hatred of Trump, leftwing propaganda prevailed and we are all now paying the price

Then the "former Keystone Pipeline worker" is a goddamned idiot, because that pipeline was never going to carry oil that gets refined into gas.

The pipeline was going to carry some kinda of rough/crude crap that gets processed into industrial lubricant, on Canada's behalf, with the processing to happen in China.

Again: it was never going to carry the stuff that becomes gas, and it was never going to benefit us beyond a few temp jobs, in exchange for permanent spill risks.

If you want to know the actual numbers go to the EIA for information. Fewer leases, down to 9,000 from 37,000 pre Biden, 1.4million barrels a day less oil production from preBiden. This site is the governments own numbers and not just the ones the Biden spokespeople give out.

If you bothered to pay attention to what happened prior to the Ukraine invasion you would see that gasoline prices were on the rise long before that invasion but cult followers have no understanding of reality. Are you going to deal with the reality that NATO was buying gasoline from Russia? Becoming energy independent is the liberal speak for Green energy which of course most Americans cannot afford when it comes to autos.

Yes, price gouging was going on before Ukraine.

The solution isn't to give in then, it's to make it affordable.

Cult party? lol Says the conservative knowing the largest cult is QAnon, and they're not in my mine. Talk about being out of touch with reality.

The GOP gets big money from oil and gas companies, and of course, they'd like to keep it that way. Do you think people are as stupid as your rhetoric?

Sanctions on Putin's oil is great. It's what we do to deal with it at home that is not. We have oil and gas and we should be pumping here and not standing in the way with regulations and permits that are slow walked to prevent them being issued. Biden bragged about 9,000 leases, yet a year ago it was 37,000 leases. He has so many regulations that stand in the way that they do not talk about and are not common knowledge. Such as the permits to drill, to do exploration, to transport the product, to build and operate pipelines. The cost of setting up rigs and to do exploration, because nothing is guaranteed in these leases, is very costly and Biden promised to kill the fossil fuel industry so they are noticeably cautious about spending more on drilling. This is a bi-product of Biden policies.
What we don't need to do is buy from Maduro and just shift from one dictator to another. I offered that up a week ago as a temporary fix while we get our own production increased, but on further thought that really just perpetuates bad policy. We can't and shouldn't do business with these oppressive governments and there are plenty of them. If we can produce our needs that's what we should do.
We've been needing to get off the oil tit for sometime.

Looks like that's now.

Millions of tried to warn people in this country of that empty suit Biden and the pending disaster that will hit this country but hatred of Trump, leftwing propaganda prevailed and we are all now paying the price
One pipeline worker
Just one
If Fox News has this story it is partisan bullshit
What a ****ing worthless post

Seriously. It's an unhinged rant, and you can't help but wonder how many of them own gas guzzlers.
🤭
I own a full size pick up myself, so I can't criticize anyone for that. Everyones situation is different. I don't always need a pick up but I do for many things.

I own a full size pick up myself, so I can't criticize anyone for that. Everyones situation is different. I don't always need a pick up but I do for many things.
Sure, but not all gas guzzlers are utilitarian vehicles like pickups. I have a friend who has a Subaru WRX and he's feeling the pinch now, and there's nothing utilitarian about a WRX; except perhaps the AWD.

And of course what better expert can one find to expound on the global economic forces that shape and control the price of oil than an unemployed pipefitter. :rolleyes:

Gee, another bash Biden thread by DP's most famous Biden hater. When will the polls be reposted here? When will the diversion to anything but the thread topic start? I bet it probably has as I've only read the OP.

BTW - The Keystone XL pipeline would have ZERO effect today on gas prices and most importantly all of the tar sands oil that was to be sent was going to be exported - 100%. The original Keystone pipeline is active and no one has done anything to stop it.

Do you know what TFG means?

Doesn't appear to be the case according to the polls including the Gallup poll which asks if you are better off today than a year ago. Do you know what TDS is?

I keep waiting for someone with TDS to explain to us exactly what Trump did that generated this kind of hatred and irrational behavior. Still waiting. If you bothered to get the internals of the November 2020 polls you would find exactly how many voted FOR Biden as millions simply voted AGAINST Trump due to this irrational disease called TDS
LOL! It took only 4 posts for you to bring polls into this thread...so damn predictable.

If you bothered to pay attention to what happened prior to the Ukraine invasion you would see that gasoline prices were on the rise long before that invasion
Thank you for showing everyone here that you are totally clueless why gas prices have risen therefore any "opinion" you have is based on your complete lack of understanding of the oil market and you claimed you worked in the energy field? What else is Biden's fault? The baseball lockout? Scary how uninformed you are yet believe you know it all.

Phase 1 of the Keystone pipeline is still operating although the Canadian tar sands oil it is transporting to the Texas coast for refining is not even US oil. It will be processed in Texas and shipped out of country.
What was put on hold was the Keystone XL pipeline which was only 8% complete and still a very long way from being operational.

The Fox talking point that putting the Keystone XL pipeline project on hold is raising US gas prices is absolutely an absurd lie.

Back
Top Bottom