• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Keystone Pipeline worker says US energy crisis is result of Biden's policies: 'We tried to warn you'

Fox News AND a pipeline worker.

So crude oil coming from Canada into the U.S. wasn't being paid for? selling on the world market? you mean like Biden did releasing strategic oil reserves and selling them to China?
Oh goodie! Here's a fresh conspiracy theory I've not heard yet. Please show your source of this outrageous claim? WIll it be that totally reliable Partiotretort.com again? LOL

What's the "pending disaster"?

Then the "former Keystone Pipeline worker" is a goddamned idiot, because that pipeline was never going to carry oil that gets refined into gas.

The pipeline was going to carry some kinda of rough/crude crap that gets processed into industrial lubricant, on Canada's behalf, with the processing to happen in China.

Again: it was never going to carry the stuff that becomes gas, and it was never going to benefit us beyond a few temp jobs, in exchange for permanent spill risks.
I see a lot of "goddamned idiots" in this forum people who still attack Trump over year after leaving and still buying the liberal rhetoric ignoring the liberal results. For some reason that you refuse to answer the American people aren't giving Biden any credit for those incredible economic numbers you claim and the entire Trump term is being defined by his rhetoric and not his results. Have you ever voted for a Republican? Did the Trump economic and foreign policies hurt you or the country?

Oh goodie! Here's a fresh conspiracy theory I've not heard yet. Please show your source of this outrageous claim? WIll it be that totally reliable Partiotretort.com again? LOL
waste of time, do your own research, I stand by my statement. What was Biden's reaction to higher gasoline prices that started up when he took office?

Sanctions on Putin's oil is great. It's what we do to deal with it at home that is not. We have oil and gas and we should be pumping here and not standing in the way with regulations and permits that are slow walked to prevent them being issued. Biden bragged about 9,000 leases, yet a year ago it was 37,000 leases. He has so many regulations that stand in the way that they do not talk about and are not common knowledge. Such as the permits to drill, to do exploration, to transport the product, to build and operate pipelines. The cost of setting up rigs and to do exploration, because nothing is guaranteed in these leases, is very costly and Biden promised to kill the fossil fuel industry so they are noticeably cautious about spending more on drilling. This is a bi-product of Biden policies.
What we don't need to do is buy from Maduro and just shift from one dictator to another. I offered that up a week ago as a temporary fix while we get our own production increased, but on further thought that really just perpetuates bad policy. We can't and shouldn't do business with these oppressive governments and there are plenty of them. If we can produce our needs that's what we should do.
All this right wing crying about Biden suspending leases for Federal lands and shutting down a section of a pipeline that wouldn't be finished for several years and was going to transport tar sand oil to the Gulf to be shipped overseas is all the cause of oil prices going up and up.
I have to ask these people isn't there any oil off Federal lands?
there isn't any Federal government permits needed to drill off federal lands and can't the oil companies lease any of that land?
I guess there is NO oil in all of TX except in that little part that is 1.8% of all Texas land that is Federal lands.
YES only 1,8% of ALL the land in TEXAS is Federal land.
I guess that 1,8% must be where ALL the oil in TX is.
Oklahoma another oil rich state only had 1,8% federal lands so is all the oil in that state only in that 1.8% too ?
we can go on and on but the fact is Biden did NOT stop the leasing and drilling of new wells in these states same with most of the other oil rich states around that area.
and that also goes for drilling new Natural gas wells
where the Marcellus gas field is ( one of the largest natural gas fields in the world ) there is hardly and Federal lands so what is stopping them from drilling there?
This is all Right wing BS to make Biden and the dems look as bad as Trump was
Have a nice day

Yes, price gouging was going on before Ukraine.
Price gouging? prove it
The solution isn't to give in then, it's to make it affordable.
Do you understand that the oil companies do not own, operate or run most of the locations in this country? Those are independent owners
Cult party? lol Says the conservative knowing the largest cult is QAnon, and they're not in my mine. Talk about being out of touch with reality.
I keep waiting for you and your other cult followers to address results and not rhetoric. Have you ever voted for a Republican?
The GOP gets big money from oil and gas companies, and of course, they'd like to keep it that way. Do you think people are as stupid as your rhetoric?
So what? where does Biden and Democrats get their money? You really are blinded by an ideology that promotes feel good rhetoric while delivering disastrous results. Do you always place blame for personal responsibility choices that are wrong?

Yeah, then there's that too. It's why I continue to bring up the fact oil companies aren't facing a shortage of permits or access to land, because those are more immediate expansion strategies. What doesn't seem to come up is why oil companies haven't been increasing production, and are now projected to. What shouldn't be surprising is that high prices are a better motivator than cheap gas prices for Americans; the oil industry isn't a charity.
;)
I think we're all missing the point of this thread. The topic doesn't matter to the OP at all. It's simply a pressure relief mechanism to make the OP feel better because one cannot complain about the economy now, can't complain about how great Biden's done in getting NATO, Switzerland, Sweden and most of the world to rally around Ukraine. Hence this thread based on nothing that is relevant to today, gas prices or the effect any President has on the global oil market...all that matters to the OP is to bash Biden and to post opinion polls in a new thread as if no one will notice...

And of course what better expert can one find to expound on the global economic forces that shape and control the price of oil than an unemployed pipefitter. :rolleyes:
Right, when your narrative is destroyed go back to the global issue blaming that for high prices and economic results. We aren't as dependent on the global economy as you want to believe

Gee, another bash Biden thread by DP's most famous Biden hater. When will the polls be reposted here? When will the diversion to anything but the thread topic start? I bet it probably has as I've only read the OP.

BTW - The Keystone XL pipeline would have ZERO effect today on gas prices and most importantly all of the tar sands oil that was to be sent was going to be exported - 100%. The original Keystone pipeline is active and no one has done anything to stop it.

Do you know what TFG means?
So all those poll numbers are manufactured as well? you going to ever answer the question as to why you continue to support Biden and why he isn't getting credit for the incredible results you claim he has generated? Seems that you see the D and that is all that matters.

waste of time, do your own research, I stand by my statement. What was Biden's reaction to higher gasoline prices that started up when he took office?
Gasoline prices remained BELOW 2018 levels in real terms throughout the summer of 2021, let alone in Jan of 2021. It is funny how you "free market" types can't understand prices, let alone demanding the federal govt "DO SOMETHING!!!".

Thank you for showing everyone here that you are totally clueless why gas prices have risen therefore any "opinion" you have is based on your complete lack of understanding of the oil market and you claimed you worked in the energy field? What else is Biden's fault? The baseball lockout? Scary how uninformed you are yet believe you know it all.
Sorry but my 35 years in the oil industry gives me a lot more credibility that you will ever have. Such an expert on everything outside your own state, knowing exactly what everyone has in their bank account, how much better they are vs last year, how easy it is for them to buy an electric are, and how all those poll numbers are rightwing sources generating partisan manufactured numbers

I think we're all missing the point of this thread. The topic doesn't matter to the OP at all. It's simply a pressure relief mechanism to make the OP feel better because one cannot complain about the economy now, can't complain about how great Biden's done in getting NATO, Switzerland, Sweden and most of the world to rally around Ukraine. Hence this thread based on nothing that is relevant to today, gas prices or the effect any President has on the global oil market...all that matters to the OP is to bash Biden and to post opinion polls in a new thread as if no one will notice...
such loyalty to the D and still so much ignorance and arrogance regarding policies and results all because of the D

Then the "former Keystone Pipeline worker" is a goddamned idiot, because that pipeline was never going to carry oil that gets refined into gas.

The pipeline was going to carry some kinda of rough/crude crap that gets processed into industrial lubricant, on Canada's behalf, with the processing to happen in China.
Lol! Where do you guys come up with this crap?

Millions of tried to warn people in this country of that empty suit Biden and the pending disaster that will hit this country but hatred of Trump, leftwing propaganda prevailed and we are all now paying the price
Hmm.. please explain.

Gas prices were lower without the XL pipeline being built.
Gas prices are now higher without the XL pipeline being built
Please explain in detail how the pipeline not being built increased prices.. when prices were lower when it wasn;t built.

If you want to know the actual numbers go to the EIA for information. Fewer leases, down to 9,000 from 37,000 pre Biden, 1.4million barrels a day less oil production from preBiden. This site is the governments own numbers and not just the ones the Biden spokespeople give out.
Sorry, not true:

In 2019, the U.S. produced 12.29 million barrels of crude oil per day, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

That figure was 11.28 million in 2020 and is estimated to be 11.18 million in 2021 and 11.85 million in 2022.

Hmm.. please explain.

Gas prices were lower without the XL pipeline being built.
Gas prices are now higher without the XL pipeline being built
Please explain in detail how the pipeline not being built increased prices.. when prices were lower when it wasn;t built.
It is all about focus and the entire focus of the Biden Administration is Green Energy. Stopping the Keystone Pipeline is part of the problem and part of the solution to energy independence not Green energy programs

There isn't a true conservative alive today that supports Biden and this green energy policies that will destroy the American people and economy

Sorry, not true:

Here is the credibility that your opinion piece has

Yergin also predicted oil prices will stay in the $65 to $85 per barrel range and that $100 oil is unlikely “unless some big geopolitical turmoil happens.”

It is all about focus and the entire focus of the Biden Administration is Green Energy. Stopping the Keystone Pipeline is part of the problem and part of the solution to energy independence not Green energy programs

There isn't a true conservative alive today that supports Biden and this green energy policies that will destroy the American people and economy

Um, your drill baby drill ideology is destroying the planet, let alone the US economy.

Price gouging? prove it

Do you understand that the oil companies do not own, operate or run most of the locations in this country? Those are independent owners
Hmm..you please explain that.. independent owners that produce oil...
Are NOT oil companies?
Are they bakeries? Perhaps they are auto detailers.??
I keep waiting for you and your other cult followers to address results and not rhetoric. Have you ever voted for a Republican?
Every time but once. But that time there wasn;t a real republican to vote for... the only choice was Biden and an idiot claiming to be republican.
So what? where does Biden and Democrats get their money? You really are blinded by an ideology that promotes feel good rhetoric while delivering disastrous results. Do you always place blame for personal responsibility choices that are wrong?

Hmm..you please explain that.. independent owners that produce oil...
Independent sell the products to refiners who sell it to the stations
Are NOT oil companies?
They may be oil companies but their responsibility is finding the oil then selling it
Are they bakeries? Perhaps they are auto detailers.??
Wow, a perfect example of a NY education
Every time but once. But that time there wasn;t a real republican to vote for... the only choice was Biden and an idiot claiming to be republican.
ROFLMAO, real Republican? You aren't even close to being a real Republican

Back
Top Bottom