• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Iranian Pro soccer player sentenced to death for Protesting

Again, this is your statement I responded to, and I'm still waiting for you to address:

"That’s like arguing there aren’t serious differences between the various forms of Protestantism and Catholicism because they came about after Jesus died."

I'm claiming nothing of the sort. Here's what I said regarding that, "Yup, the highest earthly authorities who had nothing to do with the creation of the bible".

Just more whataboutism while Islamists continue to spread misery. Time to give your head a shake.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your spittle-flecked denials and non-sequiturs. Bye.

You not liking the answer, as usual, can’t change the facts.

Trying to pretend it isn’t relevant that the most important people outside of Jesus himself in the running of Christianity here approved and supported said atrocities is pretty damn pathetic.

But, as usual, your rants are nothing more than pouting because you fear and hate Muslims.

Ignore .... rinse .... repeat. Yawn.

In other words, you can’t bear to face the fact that your frantic efforts to portray Muslims as some unique evil crashed and burned.

You really should look at the news story in the link it was a little more specific.

"An Iranian professional soccer player has been sentenced to death after protesting against the death of Mahsa Amini, according to Iran Wire."

He was protesting as in saying words.

You really should look at the news story in the link it was a little more specific.

"An Iranian professional soccer player has been sentenced to death after protesting against the death of Mahsa Amini, according to Iran Wire."

He was protesting as in saying words.
I’m aware of how the media is trying to present the case. It reminds me of “fiery but mostly peaceful protests”.

So you think the Iranian wire is lying about it because they're left-wing media?
The statement “he was sentenced to death after protesting” is probably literally true in the same way “he was sentenced to death after playing soccer” or “he was sentenced to death after eating breakfast” would be.

I don’t know anything about the Insider (I assume “Iranian wire” was a typo+autocorrect), but the fact they published an article about a person accused of murder and put the focus on the person being a “protestor”, speaks to their agenda.

The statement “he was sentenced to death after protesting” is probably literally true in the same way “he was sentenced to death after playing soccer” or “he was sentenced to death after eating breakfast” would be.
So you've gotten this idea of that he murdered the police officer without anything saying that? Why do you believe this?
I don’t know anything about the Insider (I assume “Iranian wire” was a typo+autocorrect), but the fact they published an article about a person accused of murder and put the focus on the person being a “protestor”, speaks to their agenda.
I'm sorry it was a mistake but you didn't get it right it's the Iran wire. A news source in Iran. It doesn't even say that he committed any kind of murder it was only protesting.

Along with 27 other people that they executed for protesting

So you've gotten this idea of that he murdered the police officer without anything saying that? Why do you believe this?
It was mentioned in the subheading of the article linked in the OP.
I'm sorry it was a mistake but you didn't get it right it's the Iran wire. A news source in Iran. It doesn't even say that he committed any kind of murder it was only protesting.

Along with 27 other people that they executed for protesting
I’m not sure which article you’re referring to, but browsing the Iran Wire’s homepage makes it pretty clear that they also have an agenda.

It was mentioned in the subheading of the article linked in the OP.
It mentioned the soccer player committed murder where?
I’m not sure which article you’re referring to, but browsing the Iran Wire’s homepage makes it pretty clear that they also have an agenda.
I'm referring to the article linked in the op and the article that article referenced from the Iran wire.

Did you read that anything except for the headline?

Even then where did you get that the soccer player committed murder they're accusing him of protesting not murdering those are two different words than indicate two different things

Even then where did you get that the soccer player committed murder they're accusing him of protesting not murdering those are two different words than indicate two different things

Read the article he wasn't sentenced to death for murder the only thing they accused him of doing was protesting.

You don't have the facts on this.

Read the article he wasn't sentenced to death for murder the only thing they accused him of doing was protesting.

You don't have the facts on this.

You're right. However, the article wasn't written very well, which could lead to some confusion (https://www.insider.com/amir-nasr-azadani-iranian-soccer-player-sentenced-to-death-2022-12).

First it says, "Amir Nasr-Azadani, 26, was arrested in November in relation to the killing of a police colonel and two volunteer militia members", but then it doesn't mention anything else in relation to that charge. Eventually it explains that, "According to Iran Wire, he is one of 28 Iranians who have been sentenced to death for their parts in the protests". He was charged with, "waging war against God", while others, including children, have been charged with "waging war against God". Both of those crimes were taken directly from verse 5:33 of the Qur'an.

The article is clear - he was sentenced to death for protesting.

If America was a fascistic theocracy like Iran where the police were meant to cow the population into subservience on behalf of the regime instead of protecting and serving citizens, yes, absolutely. The cop killer should go free.
Found this comment because AmNat put it in his signature as some kind of own I guess? Fantastic comment. Morally and ethically grounded. 10/10.

Back
Top Bottom