• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Iranian Pro soccer player sentenced to death for Protesting

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

This story makes my blood boil! Does it make your blood boil?
Waging war against God. It's a coin-toss between this and the guy who was executed in Saudi Arabia a few years ago for sorcery.
Actually, this sounds worse. It sounds like cynically citing God for a secular, political agenda.

Yes it does. They are killing someone relatively high profile as an example, to let everyone know "It doesn't matter if you are a celebrity or a lauded public figure; if you protest us, we will destroy you."

Amir Nasr-Azadani, 26, was arrested in November in relation to the killing of a police colonel and two volunteer militia members.
No, not really.

The Iranian regime are certainly doing whatever they can to keep fueling these protests.

Yes it does. They are killing someone relatively high profile as an example, to let everyone know "It doesn't matter if you are a celebrity or a lauded public figure; if you protest us, we will destroy you."
Do you believe cop killers should go free if they have the right political views?

Do you believe cop killers should go free if they have the right political views?

If America was a fascistic theocracy like Iran where the police were meant to cow the population into subservience on behalf of the regime instead of protecting and serving citizens, yes, absolutely. The cop killer should go free.

Last edited:

No. It makes me want to heave....aimed at the nearest religious psycho.

Please, let's not make this about Muslims. Christians have a long, long road of apologies to make from their history...and the means of death those Jesus Freaks came up with were worthy of nine deaths. Are you kidding me? Ever seen an "Iron Maiden"? How about a back stretcher? You were tied to a barrel face down while it is rolled through town. That's God's "love".

More people have died over God than all mans wars, plagues or floods. And then when you move victims of religious wars into the killed for religion you have a number I couldn't even pronounce...what's after trillions?

This is why I say religion is the greatest evil on the planet. None is about peace or loving your neighbor. All are about control of a populace with fear, suspicion and some fake magic. None of them is about a better world, at least not this one, all abandon this one for a 'promised' one for which there is not one shred of evidence.

Are you saying he "dressed up" his language? ;)

As collectors go, I collect words.

I was terrible in English in school until a teacher gave me "The Word Book" it was a high school word learning system that progressed to more and more complex and rare words. That got me into crosswords. I ultimately failed grade ten English but have made a career and a pasttime on words. What I later learned is that I am learning disabled, but with a knack for understanding words.

So, some people collect spoons. I collect words and have a great appreciation when one can write a string of semi-rare words which compliment each other in a progressive identification of the noun.

In other words I like the way they sound.

All these comments without the word Islam being once mentioned! This is indeed a murderous regime, like all the others where Islam holds sway. This cruel and unjust totalitarian philosophy is the arch enemy of freedom and justice in very many places.

All these comments without the word Islam being once mentioned! This is indeed a murderous regime, like all the others where Islam holds sway. This cruel and unjust totalitarian philosophy is the arch enemy of freedom and justice in very many places.

Mainly because trying to blame a single religion for brutal autocracy is rather silly.

As collectors go, I collect words.

I was terrible in English in school until a teacher gave me "The Word Book" it was a high school word learning system that progressed to more and more complex and rare words. That got me into crosswords. I ultimately failed grade ten English but have made a career and a pasttime on words. What I later learned is that I am learning disabled, but with a knack for understanding words.

So, some people collect spoons. I collect words and have a great appreciation when one can write a string of semi-rare words which compliment each other in a progressive identification of the noun.

In other words I like the way they sound.
I was ribbing you about your mispelling of channel as "chanel".

Mainly because trying to blame a single religion for brutal autocracy is rather silly.
Not in the least. These days there is only one religion regularly carrying out brutal atrocities, frequent and widespread. That is Islam. which is in fact much mo.re than simply a religion

Waging war against God. It's a coin-toss between this and the guy who was executed in Saudi Arabia a few years ago for sorcery.
Actually, this sounds worse. It sounds like cynically citing God for a secular, political agenda.
So was he arrested for protesting or for helping kill three people? The article is very poorly written.

Not in the least. These days there is only one religion regularly carrying out brutal atrocities, frequent and widespread. That is Islam. which is in fact much mo.re than simply a religion

Clearly false, as the war in Ukraine shows clearly.

So was he arrested for protesting or for helping kill three people? The article is very poorly written.

It sounds like the charges were poorly written.

And yet, the people protesting are by and large Shia Muslims, Sweden. A person can be a practicing Muslim but not want their religion imposed on everyone else AND want to live in a law-governed democracy with a government accountable to the citizenry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom