• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former investigators 'break silence' about NTSB cover-up of TWA Flight 800 crash

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Ordinarily I am not into conspiracy theories but this has my attention. Several of the former investigators are alleging a cover up and I think in this instance where there is smoke there may indeed be fire. Clinton was very soft on terrorism and basically just didn't want to deal with it so that adds even more fuel to this fire.

" Investigators from the first probe of doomed TWA Flight 800 called Wednesday for a new examination of the tragedy, resurrecting old claims that a missile downed the plane.
A half-dozen people involved in the original inquiry into the July 17, 1996, blast that killed 230 people on a Paris-bound flight out of JFK Airport claimed new evidence supports the oft-suggested missile theory."

Read more: Former investigators 'break silence' about NTSB cover-up of TWA Flight 800 crash - NY Daily News

Ordinarily I am not into conspiracy theories but this has my attention. Several of the former investigators are alleging a cover up and I think in this instance where there is smoke there may indeed be fire. Clinton was very soft on terrorism and basically just didn't want to deal with it so that adds even more fuel to this fire.

" Investigators from the first probe of doomed TWA Flight 800 called Wednesday for a new examination of the tragedy, resurrecting old claims that a missile downed the plane.
A half-dozen people involved in the original inquiry into the July 17, 1996, blast that killed 230 people on a Paris-bound flight out of JFK Airport claimed new evidence supports the oft-suggested missile theory."

Read more: Former investigators 'break silence' about NTSB cover-up of TWA Flight 800 crash - NY Daily News

New evidence... just buy our documentary and you can see it!

While it's interesting I have a hard time believing that if the evidence was that relevant someone would not have come out well before this. To thoroughly cover up something like the military accidentally shooting down a passenger liner or covering up evidence of terrorists doing so intentionally would involve a whole lot of people holding on to media dynamite and people ALWAYS jump at the money.

While it's interesting I have a hard time believing that if the evidence was that relevant someone would not have come out well before this. To thoroughly cover up something like the military accidentally shooting down a passenger liner or covering up evidence of terrorists doing so intentionally would involve a whole lot of people holding on to media dynamite and people ALWAYS jump at the money.

You are probably right but I am going to watch the documentary.

I'm not into CT stuff... but frankly I remember this incident vividly, and the NTSB's report did not sit well with me at all. I'll be watching this closely.

This happaned during the Clinton administration so a cover-up is entirely possible.

I've had a A and P License for 20 years now and remember the TWA explosion.

Jumbo Jets just don't Detonate in mid-air. It doesn't happen.

Their explanation was blatantly misleading. Jet-A is basically Kerosene, and is actually difficult to light relative to Gasoline.

You can put a match out in a bucket of Kerosene.

I learned long ago not to trust anything the government says without private sector confirmation.

Not knowing much about such investigations, and they appear to be exhaustive, I have no recourse but to accept their conclusions, like most of the public. This could be interesting. It's odd that such an explosion never occurred before this one, if fuel tanks and wiring were truly the cause. This all appeals to a vague sense of uncertainty over the whole incident in the public view.

Didn't they say it was a sending unit ? The device that gives the pilots an indication on fuel capacity ?

Sorry, thats low voltage, low power with a circuit breaker. There is no way a wire to or from the sending unit could produce the heat needed to light a tank full of Jet-A

I remember this very well. I knew it was a cover-up at the time, but couldn't figure out why they wanted to cover it up. I also remember concluding that the cover up came straight from the White House of Slick Willy Clintoooon, and I'm a fan of Slick Willy, but facts are facts. As I recall, the best of eyewitness accounts would support a missile fired from coastal Long Island or a boat offshore. Perhaps Clinton realized the oppressive politics of overreaction to terrorist's threats, or perhaps it was an erroneous US Navy missile and he's protecting them. Do you think we will ever find out? It's like reopening the Warren Report or the 9-11 Report.

I remember this very well. I knew it was a cover-up at the time, but couldn't figure out why they wanted to cover it up. I also remember concluding that the cover up came straight from the White House of Slick Willy Clintoooon, and I'm a fan of Slick Willy, but facts are facts. As I recall, the best of eyewitness accounts would support a missile fired from coastal Long Island or a boat offshore. Perhaps Clinton realized the oppressive politics of overreaction to terrorist's threats, or perhaps it was an erroneous US Navy missile and he's protecting them. Do you think we will ever find out? It's like reopening the Warren Report or the 9-11 Report.
I could respond with, "What difference doe it make?", or "That was a long time ago", and that should settle it. I guess I just did. Matter settled.

I know there are many younger posters for whom this is news, but for those of us who lived through the event, many have known for all these years that it was a coverup from the very moment it happened. Understandable, for the government does not like to admit its mistakes.

I'm 90% certain it was simply a friendly fire incident by the Navy. Wrong place at the wrong time for 800.

But some theorize that a VIP was onboard who had angered somebody somewhere. No opinion on that for me, but it is possible.

A documentary with the sole intention of giving you a particular opinion.

No, with the intention of educating that segment of the public not born when it happened, or too busy to inform themselves.

I was always suspicious too. There were just too many reports of a streak of fire going toward the plane right before it blew up.

Didn't they say it was a sending unit ? The device that gives the pilots an indication on fuel capacity ?

Sorry, thats low voltage, low power with a circuit breaker. There is no way a wire to or from the sending unit could produce the heat needed to light a tank full of Jet-A
Was the fuel tank in question full, or nearly so? I would note that if the tank wasn't full, it is possible for a small spark, even from low voltage, to ignite fumes - but like you, I doubt it. Jet A is not nearly as flammable as gasoline, and it's extremely difficult to ignite a bucket of gas even, with a match. There's always been a stretch involved here that's been shrouded in the technical aspects of a large jet and it's complexity. We in the public can't fully appreciate that, and it is exploited sometimes.

No, with the intention of educating that segment of the public not born when it happened, or too busy to inform themselves.

They are hyping up the "new evidence" and the "cover up." There is a specific agenda behind it. Do you think evidence that it wasn't a missile will be presented in a balanced fashion?

I was always suspicious too. There were just too many reports of a streak of fire going toward the plane right before it blew up.

Eyewitness accounts of pretty much anything are to be taken with a grain of salt.
Eyewitness accounts of an aircraft 10 miles offshore and 3 miles up are to be taken with a whole pile of it.

It is amazing just how far we are capable of twisting our own memories. A lot of those people probably actually do "remember" seeing that streak of fire. Did they actually see it? Or did they see a plane explode in flight, fire scattering about, and think "it was a missile." Later on, their memory of the event is colored by the perception that they saw a missile. It wouldn't be hard for minor temporal details like "when was separate flaming thing seen" to be mixed up.

At that kind of distance, the fire trail from a small anti-aircraft missile would be very faint.

There were a lot of reports of blast fire in the towers before the planes hit. Just saying that people claiming something doesn't make it any more credible.

This has "loose change" written all over it. I will watch it, but only if I can find it somewhere free. If it's such an "important" piece, why wouldn't it be free for all to see. This smells like complete BS.

There were a lot of reports of blast fire in the towers before the planes hit. Just saying that people claiming something doesn't make it any more credible.

This has "loose change" written all over it. I will watch it, but only if I can find it somewhere free. If it's such an "important" piece, why wouldn't it be free for all to see. This smells like complete BS.

I have an open mind about this and am willing to listen. Obviously you and Deuce have your minds made up so don't watch the documentary, I don't care.

I have an open mind about this and am willing to listen. Obviously you and Deuce have your minds made up so don't watch the documentary, I don't care.

I never figured you for a truther type. Oh well. Were you as "open minded" about Bush being responsible for 9/11 as well?

Oh for the love of mercy why is this conspiracy still alive.

Is it hard to accept that a short circuit in the wiring of the central wing tank caused a spark that blew up the fuel inside the tank, tearing the plane apart?

Oh for the love of mercy why is this conspiracy still alive.

Is it hard to accept that a short circuit in the wiring of the central wing tank caused a spark that blew up the fuel inside the tank, tearing the plane apart?

Well, yes.

This happaned during the Clinton administration so a cover-up is entirely possible.

I've had a A and P License for 20 years now and remember the TWA explosion.

Jumbo Jets just don't Detonate in mid-air. It doesn't happen.

Their explanation was blatantly misleading. Jet-A is basically Kerosene, and is actually difficult to light relative to Gasoline.

You can put a match out in a bucket of Kerosene.

Liquid jet-a is hard to ignite, but its vapors are very flammable. The center wing fuel tank was nearly empty of liquid jet-a, but it must of been full of vaporized jet-a after sitting on the hot Tarmac for hours.

Back
Top Bottom