• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Gov.Spitzer, who resigned after scandal, to jump into race for city controller

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Kenneth Lovett
July 7, 2013

Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer has become the latest disgraced politician looking to make a comeback in city politics.

Spitzer is running for city controller, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told the Daily News.

Spitzer now joins Anthony Weiner, the former congressman who tweeted away his career, as pols seeking redemption from the constituents they betrayed.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who resigned after prostitution scandal, to jump into race for city controller  - NY Daily News

Hmm..., I wonder if Ashley Dupre will vote for him and Tony Weiner?

Re: Former Gov.Spitzer, who resigned after scandal, to jump into race for city contro

By Kenneth Lovett
July 7, 2013

Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer has become the latest disgraced politician looking to make a comeback in city politics.

Spitzer is running for city controller, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told the Daily News.

Spitzer now joins Anthony Weiner, the former congressman who tweeted away his career, as pols seeking redemption from the constituents they betrayed.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who resigned after prostitution*scandal, to jump into race for city controller* - NY Daily News

anyone who pays 5K for a hummer should have no business handling money

Re: Former Gov.Spitzer, who resigned after scandal, to jump into race for city contro

By Kenneth Lovett
July 7, 2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who resigned after prostitution*scandal, to jump into race for city controller* - NY Daily News

It's great to see Eliot Spitzer back in politics.

Just Hope he doesn't cross state lines again with another prostitute. I wouldn't trust him with a child's piggy bank much less the city's money.

Proves what I knew about the liberal democrats - no morals - no concern for rule of law - no interest in the facts all emotion.

Proves what I knew about the liberal democrats - no morals - no concern for rule of law - no interest in the facts all emotion.
What's your take on Senator David Vitter or Congressman Mark Sanford?

Spitzer is considered to be one of the greatest minds in politics. His IQ is off the charts.

Having sex with a prostitute is a crime only because of the influence of religion. Actually, it's just a business transaction where both parties agree and a service is rendered.

I'm glad he is returning to politics. Weiner, not so much, he doesn't impress me, OTOH sending your nude photos out is again a crime against the Church, not against the people. I'd have no objection to Craig for example since he was simply entrapped.

Spitzer is considered to be one of the greatest minds in politics. His IQ is off the charts.

Having sex with a prostitute is a crime only because of the influence of religion. Actually, it's just a business transaction where both parties agree and a service is rendered.

I'm glad he is returning to politics. Weiner, not so much, he doesn't impress me, OTOH sending your nude photos out is again a crime against the Church, not against the people. I'd have no objection to Craig for example since he was simply entrapped.

What church laws are you claiming they've violated? Are you referring to the body of the public (people) who live within the confines of New York City to include the Jewish population who also value the same Ten Commandments revered by the Christians of the same city?

Agreed. If America wasn't filled with such prudes who vote based on their selective moral outrage, this man and his talent's wouldn't have been thrown under the bus.

Many politicians seek sexual services. The ones who get disgraced are the ones who don't cover their trail, and the fact that they need to keep it secret is the #1 reason why prostitution remains illegal in most places.

Mr. Werewolf. I think Mr. Northern has answered the quyestion for me. Our laws are greatly influenced by Church beliefs that have integrated with our legal system. There is not one logical reason for consenting prostitution between willing adults. So, this has less to do with NYC and more to do with the religious influences that unfortunately fail to separate from the state.

Please let me know if you can find a commandment against prostitution. Then, let me know if you think that there should be one. Should government control sexuality?

What church laws are you claiming they've violated? Are you referring to the body of the public (people) who live within the confines of New York City to include the Jewish population who also value the same Ten Commandments revered by the Christians of the same city?

Agreed. If America wasn't filled with such prudes who vote based on their selective moral outrage, this man and his talent's wouldn't have been thrown under the bus.

Many politicians seek sexual services. The ones who get disgraced are the ones who don't cover their trail, and the fact that they need to keep it secret is the #1 reason why prostitution remains illegal in most places.

Mr. Werewolf. I think Mr. Northern has answered the quyestion for me. Our laws are greatly influenced by Church beliefs that have integrated with our legal system. There is not one logical reason for consenting prostitution between willing adults. So, this has less to do with NYC and more to do with the religious influences that unfortunately fail to separate from the state.

Please let me know if you can find a commandment against prostitution. Then, let me know if you think that there should be one. Should government control sexuality?

The one commandment that comes to mind is, "Thou shall not commit adultery", That I believe is found in the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions. I also believe any government is powerless to control sexuality, and free thinking.

The one commandment that comes to mind is, "Thou shall not commit adultery", That I believe is found in the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions. I also believe any government is powerless to control sexuality, and free thinking.

So everyone that goes to a prostitute is married? Wow, talk about your broad brush there slick.

Yes, adultery, the command, has conveniently disappeared. Wonder how that happened?

There is a connection, however vague, between adultery and prostitution. So, if a married person seeks solace in a prostitute, they are violating a biblical command and a legal command. However, it is not the exchange the payment that makes this wrong. It's the lie told in the marriage. But prostitution is forbidden regardless of marital status and this appears to be a Church morality issue rather than either the Bible or reality itself.

Spitzer took on powerful interest groups. I'd rather have someone representing me that paid for sex than all the folks that sell the interest of their voters to big monied groups.

I'm not only tolerant of prostitution, I'm an advocate of it.

As an unmarried man, I use their services. If I were married, and I had a good relationship but my marriage was jeopardized by my wife's non-sexuality, I would (safely) use a prostitute and be otherwise loyal to my partner.

I find that humans attach far too much importance to sex. It's a natural urge that should and can be easily fulfilled so we can get on to more important things.

So everyone that goes to a prostitute is married? Wow, talk about your broad brush there slick.

Since he was only disgraced for personal matters and he should be a very capable Controller. It's not like he lied under oath, he just broke some personal ones. Of course, those who say that Clinton was impeached because of a BJ won't agree.

Did I say that? I think not. Eliot Spitzer was married when he was found to be soliciting and paying for the services of prostitutes including Ashley Dupree. That is adultery in most religions. In some cases expulsion, excommunication, and even execution are used to rectify the "sin".

Did I say that? I think not. Eliot Spitzer was married when he was found to be soliciting and paying for the services of prostitutes including Ashley Dupree. That is adultery in most religions. In some cases expulsion, excommunication, and even execution are used to rectify the "sin".

Who cares about the religion aspect of it, we are not a theocracy.

Back
Top Bottom