• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former German Chancellor Schröder should be deprived of state funding because of his continued business relations with Moscow , said German Finance

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder should be deprived of state funding because of his continued business relations with #Russia, said German Finance Minister Christian Lindner. Schröder's office costs the #German budget hundreds of thousands of euros.
Schroder has enjoyed his dealing for decades. It’s been all upside for him. Today, his friendship and role in tying Germany to Moscow energy has caught up with him. He is a very rich man, w/out question. And perhaps it’s time for him to move to ....The Hague ....

Schroderovsky gets 600,000 euros annually from Putin to kiss the dictator's arse. This Russo-German obscenity has been going on since 2006.

Gerhard Schröder to be stripped of privileges for not cutting ties with Russia​

Former German chancellor, who holds positions at Rosneft and Nord Stream, will lose staff and office

Thu 19 May 2022

R.3bcfe3cc9e7463cb0bec12ca87732a24

The former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder will lose some of his post-office privileges after failing to cut his links with Russian energy companies over the Ukraine war, the Bundestag’s budgetary committee has decided. Schröder, who was German head of government from 1998 until 2005, will be stripped of his office and staff, which cost about 419,000 euros in taxpayers’ money in 2021.

The motion, which was passed on Thursday afternoon with support from Schröder’s own Social Democratic party (SPD), the Greens, and the Free Democratic party (FDP), does not name the politician’s Kremlin connections or stance on the Ukraine war, most likely to avoid legal challenges. Instead, the motion argues that the former leader no longer fulfils any continuing obligation as a statesperson and therefore does not require an office and staff to do so. Schröder will keep his pension payments of 100,000 euros as well as his security detail. The four employees who used to work at Schröder’s office, located almost directly opposite the Russian embassy on the Unter den Linden boulevard in Berlin, already resigned of their own accord in early March, after their boss had showed no intention of stepping down from his boardroom roles at Russian oil company Rosneft and pipeline company Nord Stream.

://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/19/gerhard-schroder-to-be-stripped-of-office-for-not-cutting-ties-with-russia

Schroeder is as amoral in his time as any of his German progenitors were in their time.

Schroderovsky gets 600,000 euros annually from Putin to kiss the dictator's arse. This Russo-German obscenity has been going on since 2006.

Former German chancellor, who holds positions at Rosneft and Nord Stream, will lose staff and office

Thu 19 May 2022

The former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder will lose some of his post-office privileges after failing to cut his links with Russian energy companies over the Ukraine war, the Bundestag’s budgetary committee has decided. Schröder, who was German head of government from 1998 until 2005, will be stripped of his office and staff, which cost about 419,000 euros in taxpayers’ money in 2021.

The motion, which was passed on Thursday afternoon with support from Schröder’s own Social Democratic party (SPD), the Greens, and the Free Democratic party (FDP), does not name the politician’s Kremlin connections or stance on the Ukraine war, most likely to avoid legal challenges. Instead, the motion argues that the former leader no longer fulfils any continuing obligation as a statesperson and therefore does not require an office and staff to do so. Schröder will keep his pension payments of 100,000 euros as well as his security detail. The four employees who used to work at Schröder’s office, located almost directly opposite the Russian embassy on the Unter den Linden boulevard in Berlin, already resigned of their own accord in early March, after their boss had showed no intention of stepping down from his boardroom roles at Russian oil company Rosneft and pipeline company Nord Stream.

://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/19/gerhard-schroder-to-be-stripped-of-office-for-not-cutting-ties-with-russia

Schroeder is as amoral in his time as any of his German progenitors were in their time.
FINALLY, BUT THE TRAITORS - SPIES HAVE TO BE IMPRISONED !

Thu 19 May 2022

The seriously tardy SPD is fixing to boot out Schroederovsky who a couple of years ago said his BFF Putin is "the perfect democrat." He said that only after Putin got his annual salary up to euro 600,000 btw. It's past time already for CDU to boot Putin's enabler Merkelov too. Make things clear to Merkel's BFF Putin but to everyone.

The Putin BFF Schroderovsky since 2002 is still chairman of the Nord Stream 2 board of investors. That's BSF Wintershall Dea and Uniper both of Germany, Shell, OMV of Austria and Engie of France, each of which has had to swallow his euro 1bn investment in NS 2 Kaput. When Schroeder lost reelection in 2005 he signed Germany onto NS 2 then made a B-line to Russia to run the investment angle. Gazprom is of course the sole owner of NS 2 AG which this month got an extension from a Swiss court on its bankruptcy filing.

Indeed right after the German speaking Putin became leader of Russia the then Chancellor Shroderovsky invited the former KGB officer in Dresden East Germany, the DDR, to address the Bundestag where Vlad the Butcher received numerous rounds of enthusiastic applause to include bear hugs from Schroeder.

In February before Putin gave the GO to invading Ukraine Schroederovsky accused Ukraine of "sabre rattling."

Here Schroeder stands without conscience next to his painting in the Berlin chancellery, in 2007.

1000.jpeg

Last edited:
One cannot help but wonder at the proposition of booting Merkel (or whatever reason, valid or concocted).

Clearly somebody hasn't received the memo yet that Merkel is neither Chancellor any longer, nor even participating in any form of political life.

One cannot help but wonder at the proposition of booting Merkel (or whatever reason, valid or concocted).

Clearly somebody hasn't received the memo yet that Merkel is neither Chancellor any longer, nor even participating in any form of political life.
Alas, the lost voice from the wilderness.

Sixteen years as Putin's BFF in all of Europe.

Now gone politically underground.

Ostensibly on vacation.

R.16a2431506a2fb2a4e748daa96474aad

R.f054de3b8cb151b304823ee0518d0140

R.d162c070e71757df066a812af58ad0e5

Last edited:
One wonders how somebody can refute his posting of BS by posting even more of it.

So now we have deteriorated from reams and reams of bill-boarding to infantile comic images, much in the style of Goebbels or even RT.

One wonders how somebody can refute his posting of BS by posting even more of it.

So now we have deteriorated from reams and reams of bill-boarding to infantile comic images, much in the style of Goebbels or even RT.
Germany Right or Wrong.

So say anything.

Desperation.

Desperation certainly appears to be the primary drive of the poster here, whenever his asinine claims are met with any challenge.

Well, some men (and for that matter, even some women) just can't accept that some women reaches such a position in the first place or that they have tooth. They are just stuck in secondary gender characteristics formed during the Middle Ages.

Well, some men (and for that matter, even some women) just can't accept that some women reaches such a position in the first place or that they have tooth. They are just stuck in secondary gender characteristics formed during the Middle Ages.
Where I indeed agree with that general assessment, I doubt that gender plays a part in these anti-Merkel rants as seen in this instance and all the other instances thruout various threads.

Seems more like a self-support of one's anti-German rants here. Better said against past German policies, since I'm not going to accuse the poster of being principally against either the country or its people.

Still, trying to peddle the asinine conclusion that the German government of the time was even then in collusion already with Russia and consequently its starting of the current war, smacks of simple-mindedness that appeas to run thru all these posts from same source.

But then such posters don't need facts when they already have an opinion.

Where I indeed agree with that general assessment, I doubt that gender plays a part in these anti-Merkel rants as seen in this instance and all the other instances thruout various threads.

Seems more like a self-support of one's anti-German rants here. Better said against past German policies, since I'm not going to accuse the poster of being principally against either the country or its people.

Still, trying to peddle the asinine conclusion that the German government of the time was even then in collusion already with Russia and consequently its starting of the current war, smacks of simple-mindedness that appeas to run thru all these posts from same source.

But then such posters don't need facts when they already have an opinion.
Yeah, I would agree with you but I have seen the same hateful rants regarding Hilary and Kamala Harris. And while Schröder has been a total collaborator with Russia, Merkel partly inherited the issues from Schröder, was pressured by the environment movement (and Schröder) to wind up the nuclear plants before replacements was in place and doesn't even belong to the same party as Schröder. It only takes one post into a thread about Schröder for her to pop up and be given the main blame.

So, maybe a little of both?

I love self-righteousness in the morning!

R.11e135625cf187a12274c76e9804bcd4

Germany right or wrong.

Say anything.

Which causes me to always be longing to hear actual arguments instead of the unswerving doctrine of Germany right or wrong.

I love self-righteousness in the morning!

R.11e135625cf187a12274c76e9804bcd4

Germany right or wrong.

Say anything.

Which causes me to always be longing to hear actual arguments instead of the unswerving doctrine of Germany right or wrong.
What a strange thing to say.

Doctrine of US right or wrong?
Doctrine of Sweden right or wrong?
Doctrine of France right or wrong?
Doctrine of UK right or wrong?

Depends on the issue at hand doesn't it?

What a strange thing to say.

Doctrine of US right or wrong?
Doctrine of Sweden right or wrong?
Doctrine of France right or wrong?
Doctrine of UK right or wrong?

Depends on the issue at hand doesn't it?
I love waffles in the morning too btw.

Your post is a presumptive declaratory statement that is woefully disguised as an interrogatory statement, to include an actual and totally laughable question mark.

In other words you've already answered your question(s) for the reader.

Which also means the recipient reader has nothing to do cause you've done it all for him.

For yourself actually and only.

Which is neither discourse nor is it argument. In common parlance, you've presented a "loaded question." A bunch of 'em in fact. Presumptively.

Yeah, I would agree with you but I have seen the same hateful rants regarding Hilary and Kamala Harris. And while Schröder has been a total collaborator with Russia, Merkel partly inherited the issues from Schröder, was pressured by the environment movement (and Schröder) to wind up the nuclear plants before replacements was in place and doesn't even belong to the same party as Schröder. It only takes one post into a thread about Schröder for her to pop up and be given the main blame.

So, maybe a little of both?
If "both" addresses the biased dislike of Merkel AND misogyny, I'd go more with the former being demonstrated here.

At least I've seen no particular enmity against women with this poster and, until seeing proof of the contrary, will assume the gender of Hilary and Kamala to be just coincidental.

Schröder is (and was), of course, an unprincipled and corruptible specimen while that charge can hardly be levelled at Merkel.

What incidentally prompted Merkel to cut "nuclear" was Fukushima. Knowing full well the opposition to that power source within the German population, she realized that ignoring the Japanese catastrophe would possibly compromise her party's status in the upcoming (7) federal state elections.

One of the very few instances where she decided "from the gut" rather than from the head.

Not an overall mistake by itself but certainly one by having practically no energy alternatives in sight neither at the time and, as we know today with 20/20 hindsight, nor for the mid- and long-term future either.

Of course the nuclear exit had already been initiated by her Red-Green predecessors, here she accelerated the time line.

As to the issue of wishing to hear (read) actual arguments, I wouldn't mind reading the expression of some original thought, rather than the crap and paste specimens of sound bites from opinion bubbles that suit the agenda of any such crap-and-paster.

But I guess that in view of the apparent lack of personal experience and thus knowledge that is frenziedly substituted here by reams and reams of internet memes, that would be a bit much to ask.

We keep getting the historical curse of Germany right or wrong uber alles.

So it's highly positive and encouraging that Germany and NATO have the new Traffic Light coalition elected to government in Berlin.

The coalition recognizes the historical problem, its personages and the culprit political parties of SPD and Schroderovsky and the CDU of Merkelov.

I support the coalition's Zeitenwende.

Indeed the coalition officers with the highest public approval ratings at this time are the Greens coleaders Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock and the Vice Chancellor Robert Habeck who is also "Super Minister" for Economy, Energy, Climate Action. I try to help 'em out as much as I can knowing full well there's always a reactionary opposition to any historic shift forward.

Considering how the so much admired traffic light gets constant criticism over "dawdling", it would appear to be stuck on red.

That would be Olaf the Silent, of course, but Baerbock and Habeck have little chance of taking over the chancellorship from him.

Meanwhile Lindner is stuck on yellow by having aspired for his favourite minister (secretary) position and getting it, but it's turning out to be his worst nightmare by now.

One can only hope that the coalition will hold (which I think it will) and form some long needed sort of cohesive approach to matters.

Chagos I admire your effort to answer the troll, with simple facts, but it is a Don Quichote effort, I have to say.

Just put General T on ignore, for your own good.

Chagos I admire your effort to answer the troll, with simple facts, but it is a Don Quichote effort, I have to say.

Just put General T on ignore, for your own good.
Oh, I'm not answering HIM at all since that would be pointless.

It's more for the education of the general public, provided it shows an interest.

And for its amusement, even where that is a tough call in view of the paucity of the material he offers.;)

I've made clear I support the Traffic Light's coalition government's Zeitenwende.

It leaves behind Germany's miserably failed decades old miserable policy of an axis partnership with Russia against the West.

The post cold war German policy of Schroderovsky of SPD and Merkelov of CDU, that singularly and more than any leaders and country enabled Putin's barbarian invasion of Ukraine.

Indeed, Germany fiddled about arms for Ukraine while Ukraine burned. Germany had to be whipped into shape on this too.

Where's the "yawn" icon when one needs it?

Back
Top Bottom