• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Fox Producer for Sean Hannity Indicted for Helping Russia

As for Trump, i think it likely his record on Ukraine wasn’t golden, but he did try to keep our country energy independent. Biden’s attempt to derail independence to promote Green energy fell right into Putin’s trap.
Did any of that involve cutting imported Russian oil off to the US? I don't recall that it did, but if so, please post a reliable source that reports such an effort to break-a-way from Russian oil during DJT's 4 years in office.

As far as the claim he is derailing American energy independence "to promote Green energy" is just pure partisan bull squat!

Even with the policies set forth in the short time President Biden has been in office they were not the cause of our current predicament.
That's what I thought too, but according to my memory, green energy has been around for quite a while. Even during 2017, when their King was in office, the article below talks about how the military was using more of it. Something that I believe GW Bush started during 2007? Since the 1970s and '80s, our planet began screaming for alternative energy sources.

But the largest U.S. government agency - the Department of Defense - plans to forge ahead under the new administration with a decade-long effort to convert its fuel-hungry operations to renewable power, senior military officials told Reuters.

The reasons have nothing to do with the white-hot debate over climate change. In combat zones, green energy saves lives by, for instance, reducing the need for easily attacked convoys to deliver diesel fuel to generators at U.S. bases. Mobile solar-power units allow soldiers to prowl silently through enemy territory.

At sea, gas-electric hybrid battleships save fuel and allow for fewer stops – making them less vulnerable to attacks like the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000, when al-Qaeda militants killed 17 U.S. soldiers during a refueling stop in Yemen.

Let's hope that they don't begin blaming Biden for Putin having so many nukes. Remember Dec 22, 2016, folks? Yeah, that was smart. :rolleyes:

ttps://qz.com/871436/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-putin-and-trump-release-statements-that-hint-at-increased-nuclear-armament/
On Dec. 22, president-elect Donald Trump and Russian president Vladimir Putin both announced that they intend to increase their respective countries’ nuclear arsenals. Their use of language eerily paralleled each other. “The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes,” Trump tweeted. “Russia should fortify its military nuclear potential and develop missiles that can penetrate any missile-defense system,” Putin said at a defense ministry meeting.

Fox News having anything to do with propaganda and Russia? Nah! Must be a mistake. :rolleyes: I wonder if Tucker Carlson will touch this story?

As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is less notable for his ties to Vladimir Putin than his old ties to Sean Hannity—he is a former Fox News producer who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Financial Times in 2015 analyzed how Malofeyev launched his “conservative yet modern spin on global news” in an attempt to mimic the rise of Fox News. Then, in 2018, the online news site Salon called out Hanick for joining the Russian operation, noting that he had previously served as Hannity’s director at Fox News.

Hanick got his start at Fox News when it first launched in 1996. Fifteen years later, in 2011, he left. Three years later, he joined forces with Malofeyev’s Russian propaganda operation. The Justice Department now wants to extradite him from the United Kingdom to New York City.
So this guy left FOX in 2011 then waited another 3 years before hooking up with some Russian and the Daily Beast figures it's newsworthy today? Sounds a bit like one propagandist calling another propagandist a propagandist.

Pathetic.

So he hadn't worked for Fox for years? How does that reflect back on Fox?
Things like this and Tuckers words do show a mind set of the people working at the network.

Things like this and Tuckers words do show a mind set of the people working at the network.
Do you know how stupid this sounds?

Now we wait for the usual suspects to tell us all why this isn't a problem and is in fact all part of the plot against Trump.
No doubt they'll be saying that a guy who left Fox news 11 years ago is a Trump agent...

Did any of that involve cutting imported Russian oil off to the US? I don't recall that it did, but if so, please post a reliable source that reports such an effort to break-a-way from Russian oil during DJT's 4 years in office.

There would be no good reason to cut off Russian imports when Russia hadn't done anything, at least during DJT's tenure, to merit such a cut-off. To DJT, it would be a given that Putin was out for his own country's best interests, but as long as DJT could maximize his country's own production, why cut Putin out of the economic loop and bring about trade retaliations? Besides, DJT had a lot on his plate already, inculcating tariffs designed to make China act like a responsible member of the international community. DJT almost succeeded, but by "coincidence," China developed an obscure little virus and decided to let infected citizens spread it to the rest of the world, so people had other things on their minds than making China fly right.

Now, it's different with Biden. He wanted to court the Green activists, so he restricted the production of oil in the US to please those voters, but allowed Russia unfettered access to Nord Stream II, apparently for no reason except that Biden wanted to undo everything DJT had done. He Biden may not have been aware as to how Putin had manipulated Greens in Europe to get several countries to decrease their production and thus become more dependent on Russian oil. Trump, however, proved prescient in that regard:

Donald Trump, back in 2018, defied diplomatic protocol to call out Germany publicly for its dependence on Moscow. “Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia,” Trump said. This prompted Germany’s then-chancellor, Angela Merkel, who had been widely praised in polite circles for being the last serious leader in the West, to say that her country “can make our own policies and make our own decisions.”

Yeah, Angela, we see how well your policies worked out. The above, BTW, was taken from an essay by MIchael Shellenberger, who is my source for the deleterious effects of Green activism. And even if he might be wrong on some points, I've yet to see an alternate theory as to how Putin gained European oil hegemony.

But, hey, no worries. Biden landed on his feet and asserted that the coming uptick in oil prices will encourage the usage of Green alternatives, as well as telling US citizens to start conserving more. I think that earlier action might have prevented Putin from invading Ukraine, but Biden likes to drag his feet when it doesn't cost him anything.

That's what I thought too, but according to my memory, green energy has been around for quite a while. Even during 2017, when their King was in office, the article below talks about how the military was using more of it. Something that I believe GW Bush started during 2007? Since the 1970s and '80s, our planet began screaming for alternative energy sources.

But the largest U.S. government agency - the Department of Defense - plans to forge ahead under the new administration with a decade-long effort to convert its fuel-hungry operations to renewable power, senior military officials told Reuters.

The reasons have nothing to do with the white-hot debate over climate change. In combat zones, green energy saves lives by, for instance, reducing the need for easily attacked convoys to deliver diesel fuel to generators at U.S. bases. Mobile solar-power units allow soldiers to prowl silently through enemy territory.

At sea, gas-electric hybrid battleships save fuel and allow for fewer stops – making them less vulnerable to attacks like the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000, when al-Qaeda militants killed 17 U.S. soldiers during a refueling stop in Yemen.

Let's hope that they don't begin blaming Biden for Putin having so many nukes. Remember Dec 22, 2016, folks? Yeah, that was smart. :rolleyes:

ttps://qz.com/871436/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-putin-and-trump-release-statements-that-hint-at-increased-nuclear-armament/
On Dec. 22, president-elect Donald Trump and Russian president Vladimir Putin both announced that they intend to increase their respective countries’ nuclear arsenals. Their use of language eerily paralleled each other. “The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes,” Trump tweeted. “Russia should fortify its military nuclear potential and develop missiles that can penetrate any missile-defense system,” Putin said at a defense ministry meeting.
There are some real benefits to Green technology, no doubt. The problem is that Biden attempted to force the technology on US citizens by taking shots at the oil industry, which also caused gas prices to rise long before Ukraine was threatened. Biden, like a lot of Libs, has no problem with taking on a "Big Brother" persona in order to force citizens to do the "right thing"-- though in Biden's case, it was really the "politically expedient thing."

So this guy left FOX in 2011 then waited another 3 years before hooking up with some Russian and the Daily Beast figures it's newsworthy today? Sounds a bit like one propagandist calling another propagandist a propagandist.

Pathetic.
Sadly, Fox News has had a long history (years) of spewing out lies and what nots. It simply seems that Fox News has kept in form its main objectives - propaganda for high viewership and $$$.

There would be no good reason to cut off Russian imports when Russia hadn't done anything, at least during DJT's tenure, to merit such a cut-off. To DJT, it would be a given that Putin was out for his own country's best interests, but as long as DJT could maximize his country's own production, why cut Putin out of the economic loop and bring about trade retaliations?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you ask why does the US need to be dependent on other countries for oil, when we could provide oil ourselves? That DJT wanted to be independent from getting oil from foreign countries. Since DJT and Putin were friends and all, Putin would have understood DJT's concept to be independent, right? Besides, Putin was selling gobs of oil to Europe and others. DJT didn't have any problem starting a trade war with China, when he thought that everything that we needed should be made in the US. It seems like he was ok that we bought oil from Russia + OPEC though.

There are some real benefits to Green technology, no doubt. The problem is that Biden attempted to force the technology on US citizens by taking shots at the oil industry, which also caused gas prices to rise long before Ukraine was threatened. Biden, like a lot of Libs, has no problem with taking on a "Big Brother" persona in order to force citizens to do the "right thing"-- though in Biden's case, it was really the "politically expedient thing."
Show your work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you ask why does the US need to be dependent on other countries for oil, when we could provide oil ourselves? That DJT wanted to be independent from getting oil from foreign countries. Since DJT and Putin were friends and all, Putin would have understood DJT's concept to be independent, right? Besides, Putin was selling gobs of oil to Europe and others. DJT didn't have any problem starting a trade war with China, when he thought that everything that we needed should be made in the US. It seems like he was ok that we bought oil from Russia + OPEC though.

If the US produces most of its own oil, then there’s no need to officially ban Russian oil because there won’t be a demand for it, unless Russia undercut American prices. That didn’t happen under Trump, so a ban was unnecessary.

If the US produces most of its own oil, then there’s no need to officially ban Russian oil because there won’t be a demand for it, unless Russia undercut American prices. That didn’t happen under Trump, so a ban was unnecessary.
From what I understand less than 10% of our imported oil was coming from Russia. Not a significant amount in the grand scheme of things but obviously enough to affect our pump prices.

From what I understand less than 10% of our imported oil was coming from Russia. Not a significant amount in the grand scheme of things but obviously enough to affect our pump prices.
And that's why Russia was not a threat to us. However, in an earlier post I mentioned some ways in which Putin worked to gain a monopoly on European oil and gas, and that monopoly has served him well to the present day.

• In the run-up to the invasion, Carlson persistently downplayed the severity of what Russia could be doing and pushed back against the prospect of American involvement.
  • He characterized the situation as a “border dispute,” distracting from the reality of Russia’s yearslong meddling in eastern Ukraine and the illegality of Putin’s recognizing and ordering troops into Ukraine’s eastern separatist-held regions.
  • Carlson parroted the Russians, saying Ukraine was “not a democracy” to denigrate the case for America’s supporting it.
  • He posited a ludicrous theory that Democrats stand to benefit financially from war in Ukraine.
-Not speaking exactly as you'd want him to, on any given situation, does not count as propaganda.
-Carlson being snide, is not propaganda.
-Reporting what was being released by their own government, is not propaganda.
-And I find it highly ironic that you'd link to obvious propaganda, in order to prove propaganda.

So once again, what propaganda is he spreading?

Can anyone with any common sense imagine how happy this crap made Putin just prior and early on with his invasion of Ukraine?

Putin’s bellicose threats towards Ukraine and assembling of up to 190,000 troops on the country’s border, was, Carlson said, a mere “border dispute”. Carlson, who played into Kremlin talking points by declaring that Ukraine was “not a democracy”, launched an apparent attempt to humanize Putin.

“We exuded strength on the world stage when Donald Trump was there. Now you see Joe Biden in office. And gosh, how many times have we all talked about how weak America has looked since the day that Joe Biden was inaugurated?”

“Did he manufacture a worldwide pandemic that wrecked my business and kept me indoors for two years? Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? Is he making fentanyl? Is he trying to snuff out Christianity?”

“In the right-wing media echo chamber [...] the fault for this invasion lies with a mind-boggling variety of scapegoats, including Joe Biden, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, American environmentalists, the LGBTQ community, and even the team here at Media Matters for America - anybody, that is, other than Putin.”
Repeatedly spewing out your own propaganda, does not prove it on anyone else's part. Just your own.

-Not speaking exactly as you'd want him to, on any given situation, does not count as propaganda.
-Carlson being snide, is not propaganda.
-Reporting what was being released by their own government, is not propaganda.
-And I find it highly ironic that you'd link to obvious propaganda, in order to prove propaganda.

So once again, what propaganda is he spreading?
prop·a·gan·da

/ˌpräpəˈɡandə/

noun

1. information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

That's exactly what Carlson was doing to promote Russian's false narrative that were lies.

Moreover, Carlson was not repeating what OUR government released.

Interesting, from the article
"Hanick got his start at Fox News when it first launched in 1996. Fifteen years later, in 2011, he left."

Pathetic.
Describes this thread - Pathetic!

prop·a·gan·da

/ˌpräpəˈɡandə/

noun

1. information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

That's exactly what Carlson was doing to promote Russian's false narrative that were lies.

Moreover, Carlson was not repeating what OUR government released.
Reporting what is being said and what is going on, does not account for propaganda. If it did, then you'd have to lob almost every other news organization in there with FOX News.

Repeatedly calling it propaganda, does not make it so.

Fox - Hannity - Russia

The Triad
There's nothing surprising here, really. Fox is a propaganda network, and Russia has a similar propaganda network, and we have Russiapublican propagandists on our board. They all row in the same direction, they just get paid differently (as far as we know).

Back
Top Bottom