• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Former Fox News Channel Producer Tells the Real Story Behind "Fair and Balanced"

Every time Fox's lack of liberal bias gets it accused of being biased for conservatives, the accusations fall into one of these three categories:

1) It is from a disgruntled ex-employee (like THIS thread is, hence, it is unreliable at best).

2) It is based on the words and actions of OPINION journalists like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly rather than on OBJECTIVE journalists, who are actually SUPPOSED to show no bias.

3) It is based on some tedious, inane detail like an irregularity in equal time, which has been masterfully and ACTUALLY manipulated and abused by liberal "debate" shows on CNN and the networks for years.

I have read every liberal defender of the liberal noise machine from Eric Alterman to Al Franken to that laughable propaganda flick, Outfoxed, and they all base their arguments on these three things, which is why they are usually bogus.

aquapub said:
Every time Fox's lack of liberal bias gets it accused of being biased for conservatives, the accusations fall into one of these three categories:

1) It is from a disgruntled ex-employee (like THIS thread is, hence, it is unreliable at best).

2) It is based on the words and actions of OPINION journalists like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly rather than on OBJECTIVE journalists, who are actually SUPPOSED to show no bias.

3) It is based on some tedious, inane detail like an irregularity in equal time, which has been masterfully and ACTUALLY manipulated and abused by liberal "debate" shows on CNN and the networks for years.

I have read every liberal defender of the liberal noise machine from Eric Alterman to Al Franken to that laughable propaganda flick, Outfoxed, and they all base their arguments on these three things, which is why they are usually bogus.

I agree with point 3, but I disagree with points 1 and 2.

1) So does being fired from your job mean that you can't ever be critical of your previous employer. Do you seriously think that if journalists made these kinds of criticisms against their employers that they would keep their jobs.

2) If Fox News claims to be fair and balanced, how can it be if I quote from your words,
"It is based on the words and actions of OPINION journalists like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly rather than on OBJECTIVE journalists, who are actually SUPPOSED to show no bias."

What you have stated hear is contradictory to Fox News claim to be fair and balanced. Because how on earth can a NEWS channel be fair and balanced if the majority of the shows are opinion based journalism?

So lets be honest. If you can stat that Hannity, and O'Reilly are Opinion based journalists, and a fair proporation of the programing on that networks are OPINION based news, then really Fox should be intellectually HONEST and rename the channel, to Fox Conservative Opinion channel, (with the odd news snipet, token Liberal, Libertarian, and or other.)

And this is my gripe with FOX news, and any news. All i want are the facts. I don't need someone elses opinion. By giving airtime to Hannity, Colmes, or O'Reilly, we are bascically saying that their opinion is more valid than ours.

People need facts and data. Not opinions fed to them by 'opinion journalists', which in my mid is not even journalism, and certainly does not constitute news.

aquapub said:

Hey... Maybe I don't watch CNN every day and know thier lineup, but......

What liberal "debate" shows are there on CNN?
Larry King?
Anderson 360?
Paula Zahn (I think thats her name)?

Not saying your wrong.......I just don't know any liberal "debate" shows.

I listen to a lot of political talk radio, both liberal and conservative. In my view, Colmes is just phoning it in now. For months, years in fact, he has been bashing the president on Iraq every night.

Except for last night and tonight. Isn't it interesting that on the day of Iraq's election and the day following, the topics on the Colmes show were Webcan strippers and a discussion on favorite sleep positions. He stayed completely away from Iraq. The success of the the elections just weren't important enough for him to bother, I guess.

KCConservative said:
I listen to a lot of political talk radio, both liberal and conservative. In my view, Colmes is just phoning it in now. For months, years in fact, he has been bashing the president on Iraq every night.

Except for last night and tonight. Isn't it interesting that on the day of Iraq's election and the day following, the topics on the Colmes show were Webcan strippers and a discussion on favorite sleep positions. He stayed completely away from Iraq. The success of the the elections just weren't important enough for him to bother, I guess.

Your signature gives me enough information to ignore this entire statement.....

Caine said:
Your signature gives me enough information to ignore this entire statement.....
It only stings for a little while.

KCConservative said:
It only stings for a little while.

Not really, because in it, you put your HATE of the Democratic Party before logic........

And, your absolute partisanship is obvious, so I can't believe a word you say.

Caine said:
Not really, because in it, you put your HATE of the Democratic Party before logic........

And, your absolute partisanship is obvious, so I can't believe a word you say.
Then why pay so much attention? Why the continued posts? I mean, if you claim to ignore my posts, then why aren't you? lol Surely you know the rule on baiting, right? Tell me something, what does my signature have to do with the discussion of Alan Colmes? lol

KCConservative said:
Then why pay so much attention? Why the continued posts? I mean, if you claim to ignore my posts, then why aren't you? lol Surely you know the rule on baiting, right? Tell me something, what does my signature have to do with the discussion of Alan Colmes? lol

Your so partisan you will say anything to belittle anyone of the opposing political viewpoint.... and your signature proves that, because its full of lies.

Or should I say.....selectively mis interpreted understanding of the Democratic party in an attempt to discredit them.... Just like the idea of setting a timetable is treason... that sort of thing.

Caine said:
Your so partisan you will say anything to belittle anyone of the opposing political viewpoint.... and your signature proves that, because its full of lies.

Or should I say.....selectively mis interpreted understanding of the Democratic party in an attempt to discredit them.... Just like the idea of setting a timetable is treason... that sort of thing.
Let me guess, you're "ignoring" my posts again, right?

KCConservative said:
Let me guess, you're "ignoring" my posts again, right?

No... ignoring and disreguarding are two different thinks.....

When I say im going to disreguard something... It means im not taking you seriously because your just being another neo-con like Navy Pride, who makes no sense and attacks someone on "the other side" like they are a comic book villan.

Caine said:
No... ignoring and disreguarding are two different thinks.....

When I say im going to disreguard something... It means im not taking you seriously because your just being another neo-con like Navy Pride, who makes no sense and attacks someone on "the other side" like they are a comic book villan.

Except this is what you said not five minutes ago:
"Your signature gives me enough information to ignore this entire statement....."
So which is it? Are you ignoring or disregarding (note the correct spelling)? lol

Question, when and how did I "attack" you?

KCConservative said:
Except this is what you said not five minutes ago:
"Your signature gives me enough information to ignore this entire statement....."
So which is it? Are you ignoring or disregarding (note the correct spelling)? lol

Question, when and how did I "attack" you?

Do I really have to point out all the times you've tried to bring up partisan politics and ACTUAL politicians when I was not discussing anything except my personal viewpoint?????
You and Navy Pride both can't get over the Conservative vs. Liberal battle....

Thus your signature proves it.

Caine said:
Do I really have to point out all the times you've tried to bring up partisan politics and ACTUAL politicians when I was not discussing anything except my personal viewpoint?????
You and Navy Pride both can't get over the Conservative vs. Liberal battle....

Thus your signature proves it.
Is this your way of ignoring my posts?
:lamo

KCConservative said:
Is this your way of ignoring my posts?
:lamo

Stop being childish

Caine said:
Stop being childish
Well said. Can we get back to the topic now or do you have more to say about my signature?

KCConservative said:
Well said. Can we get back to the topic now or do you have more to say about my signature?

Of course we can.....

Im still waiting to hear which CNN segment is a liberal debate show......

Not because I don't believe it......But I would like to watch a liberal debate show... All I see on the news networks is the conservative ones...Or "fake.. middle of the road" ones that FOX claims to have.

Caine said:
Im still waiting to hear which CNN segment is a liberal debate show......

Not because I don't believe it......But I would like to watch a liberal debate show... All I see on the news networks is the conservative ones...Or "fake.. middle of the road" ones that FOX claims to have.

KCConservative said:

That didn't exactly answer my question, but whatever....

Lets see.......I can't answer for Colmes on why he didn't report on the election... there could be a number of other reasons, maybe the station he worked for had something to do with it... maybe this was something that was already scheduled.....maybe he just didn't feel like reporting on it... maybe he wanted to wait for more information to come out before talking on the issue.

Could be a large number of reasons why........ Why don't you ask him?

Oh... I GOT IT!!!!!

COLMES MUST HATE AMERICA AND THE AMERICAN FORCES!!!!!!!! THAT HAS TO BE IT!!!!

Caine said:
COLMES MUST HATE AMERICA AND THE AMERICAN FORCES!!!!!!!! THAT HAS TO BE IT!!!!

You think so? I hadn't thought of that, actually. I think you might be off base here. To accuse him like that is pretty harsh, don't you think? He doesn't seem the type to hate America or the troops. I was just wondering, after spending each night on the war, why he would abandon the topic during the most important two days of the entire Iraq effort.

KCConservative said:
You think so? I hadn't thought of that, actually. I think you might be off base here. To accuse him like that is pretty harsh, don't you think? He doesn't seem the type to hate America or the troops. I was just wondering, after spending each night on the war, why he would abandon the topic during the most important two days of the entire Iraq effort.

LOL...
You failed to note the sarcasm in that, but okay, I'll be blunt.. I was being sarcastic.....this way of thinking is one of the problems I have with Neo-Cons on here... and im glad you disagree with it.

But yeah, It could be a number of reasons... im sticking with maybe he already had an obligation to do these other shows..... or he is waiting for more information to come so he can make a good show out of it.... one of the two.
Or maybe not... but those are more likely.

Caine said:
LOL...
You failed to note the sarcasm in that, but okay, I'll be blunt.. I was being sarcastic.....this way of thinking is one of the problems I have with Neo-Cons on here... and im glad you disagree with it.

But yeah, It could be a number of reasons... im sticking with maybe he already had an obligation to do these other shows..... or he is waiting for more information to come so he can make a good show out of it.... one of the two.
Or maybe not... but those are more likely.

Yeah, I'm sure he was just obligated to do a show on varying sleep positions on the night of the Iraq elections. :roll:

KCConservative said:
Yeah, I'm sure he was just obligated to do a show on varying sleep positions on the night of the Iraq elections. :roll:

I didn't listen to it, so I don't know what kind of show it was.... did it mention any products? It could have been a sponsored show or something.....
Maybe whoever manages his show had him do it...
WHO FREAKING KNOWS!!!!

Honestly, its kinda like making something out of nothing... im certain he will discuss the issue in the next few days or so, when better information is avaliable on it.

aquapub said:

aquapub said:

That's the classic "attack the messanger" rather than address the actual claims. If I was a journalist and had to suck it in to work on Fox, when I left, you bet I would have a story to tell - many have.

aquapub said:

I think EVERY talking head on Faux news is an opinion journalists - name me one who isn't. I've heard opinion on EVERY show I've ever monitered on Faux.

aquapub said:

Again - do you have any figures for this? No
Bob Nofacts RULED CNN during the Clinton - Lewinsky scandal . Hint - he wasn't a big Clinton fan.

What liberal show on CNN are you talking about? If there is one - I'd like to watch it.

Again - that's the Faux Newz line geared to not portray the truth , but to get viewers to switch from CNBN to Faux.

aquapub said:

Do you have any SPECIFIC arguments that Alterman or Brock consistently makes that you would like to refute?

Back
Top Bottom