• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe fired

You haven't proven that Trump had any influence over the recommendation of Horowitz, Schools or Will. They all recommended that McCabe be fired. All you have is "cuz trump tweets".

And those tweets are unimportant because...reasons?

Oh....I thought you were one of "libertarians" espousing on the ills of America from the safety of a Mountain retreat .....

I am but not off the grid and I don't live at a "retreat". I live in a house. I have a big dog, a pile of guns too and a lot of "No Trespassing" signs. You forgot that part.

And those tweets are unimportant because...reasons?

Why are they important? When did the president give up his 1st Amendment Rights? His tweets are just tweets and a good way to push the buttons of the left. He has the right to express his opinions.

I am but not off the grid and I don't live at a "retreat". I live in a house. I have a big dog, a pile of guns too and a lot of "No Trespassing" signs. You forgot that part.

Yeah you are really out amoungst the masses and public.....Gosh really tuned in on the pulse of America hiding up their Mountains...You "Libertarians" got it all figured out....

Why are they important?

No, you tell me why they're unimportant. You mocked the fact that they were tweets. Explain why.

When did the president give up his 1st Amendment Rights?

Imagine that. I just single handedly revoked Trump's 1st Amendment rights. I'm pretty extraordinary. Keep pushing me and I'll single handedly suspend his right to Due Process too.

His tweets are just tweets

Explain what makes them "just" tweets.

and a good way to push the buttons of the left. He has the right to express his opinions.

And I'm glad he does, because by doing so he's continually added obstruction of justice evidence to his resume and shattered any possibility that McCabe was fired for legitimate reasons. If he knew how to keep his mouth shut he probably could have gotten away with it.

how many links have you posted on this thread?

zero?

links are the expression of self respect

mccabe is a criminal

he lied---under oath---to the fbi---multiple times

mccabe is in extreme legal peril

in addition, the IG report is coming

mccabe, in a long interview with politico earlier this month "predicted [the IG report] will attempt to bolster the claims of trump allies that previous fbi leadership was corrupt, politically biased, politically motivated, for some people like the president and others who are intent on undermining me for the reasons i've stated it will be very satisfying"

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/16/mccabe-fired-fbi-justice-retirement-468647

nothing i didn't already know

but i recognize how much you appreciate new information

i also recognize the dire need

i got mine from reading

i (who know an awful lot more about all these goings on than you) cannot foresee an outcome that does not realize a charge against chris steele for lying to the fbi

a criminal charge against steele is now inevitable

he's testifying in london again soon

Dossier Author Christopher Steele Ordered To | The Daily Caller

his last appearance there was a disaster

steele's gonna get it

and they're gonna try to flip him

a thousand things will follow, please begin contemplating their appearance

flynn's fate is now in the hands of discovery stickler sullivan

mccabe's is done

What's particularly remarkable from this morning's tweet storm is just how little Trump has learned about government, legality and ethics in the course of the past year. You would think his particular situation would have given him a crash course to the point he would be an expert by now, and yet he's learned nothing. He made no fewer than three tweets that incriminated himself in obstruction of justice and and single-handedly refuted the narrative that McCabe was fired for legitimate reasons.

Regardless of if this goes to court or thru the appeal process,I think that with all of Trumps comments, well that put more than a thumb of the scales of Justice.
So lets go with this goes to court

What we will see is that this was rushed, including emails by court order, and ones leaked to McCabe.
Sessions along with Horowitz will be called to testify in open court.
Ya know Jeffe his favorite saying is " I cannot recall........". Which will not go over well with any Judge. Not sure on this but would it go to Federal court??

Case would be heard in open court, outside of any Intelligence/Classified material. Everything else is on the table.

1 thing the court would be shown is the rush to judgment, political pressure by Trump to punish McCabe.

Lack of process as it did not provide McCabe and his lawyer time to rebut, including what he (Bromwich)has stated, not receiving access to all information and other concerns with witnesses.

Then we have public record information- McCabe was authorized to speak to the press. Nothing unusual about that. I am sure Comey will be called to testify.

Next will be those little morsels that hint of of show a scandal of lies, pressure to wrap up the investigation, including Trumps comments which will be widely used. Those demonstrate clearly he wanted McCabe gone before retirement, and was leading the charge against Session to address it.

The press will have a field day with Trump, Sessions and Horowitz. And this will not reflect well on Trump & Sessions.

And as we have seen in the past, Trump can/could be called to testify.
Past precedent is Clinton, and IIRC Bush2

Clinton Finishes Testimony In Paula Jones Case - January 17, 1998
WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, Jan. 17) -- After providing more than four hours of sworn testimony in the sexual-harassment suit brought against him by Paula Jones, President Bill Clinton returned to the White House late Saturday afternoon.

Why are they important? When did the president give up his 1st Amendment Rights? His tweets are just tweets and a good way to push the buttons of the left. He has the right to express his opinions.

He is not just some guy at a bar. Thepresident is in charge of the Justice dept. He is their boss.
Thats the problem.

The kicker is that as head of the justice dept. he is absolutely within his rights to direct investigations.

Regardless of if this goes to court or thru the appeal process,I think that with all of Trumps comments, well that put more than a thumb of the scales of Justice.
So lets go with this goes to court

What we will see is that this was rushed, including emails by court order, and ones leaked to McCabe.
Sessions along with Horowitz will be called to testify in open court.
Ya know Jeffe his favorite saying is " I cannot recall........". Which will not go over well with any Judge. Not sure on this but would it go to Federal court??

Case would be heard in open court, outside of any Intelligence/Classified material. Everything else is on the table.

1 thing the court would be shown is the rush to judgment, political pressure by Trump to punish McCabe.

Lack of process as it did not provide McCabe and his lawyer time to rebut, including what he (Bromwich)has stated, not receiving access to all information and other concerns with witnesses.

Then we have public record information- McCabe was authorized to speak to the press. Nothing unusual about that. I am sure Comey will be called to testify.

Next will be those little morsels that hint of of show a scandal of lies, pressure to wrap up the investigation, including Trumps comments which will be widely used. Those demonstrate clearly he wanted McCabe gone before retirement, and was leading the charge against Session to address it.

The press will have a field day with Trump, Sessions and Horowitz. And this will not reflect well on Trump & Sessions.

And as we have seen in the past, Trump can/could be called to testify.
Past precedent is Clinton, and IIRC Bush2

Clinton Finishes Testimony In Paula Jones Case - January 17, 1998

As I've posted before, Trump's jackassery does not exculpate McCabe.

How is that relevant- Sessions signed off on firing due to McCabe lying under oath and other allegations
Which is very different than a criminal indictment. An IG can't even assemble a grand jury, right?.

Probably better that they investigate thoroughly. Methodically. And explore every avenue.

It's sad how you take a well known liar for his word so easily.

Trump Wrong About Campaign Donations

The nearly $675,000 — not $700,000 — donated to Dr. Jill McCabe, who unsuccessfully ran for a Virginia state Senate seat in 2015, came from the Virginia Democratic Party and Common Good VA.​

A democratic party donation to a democratic party candidate running for a state senate seat. The rest is just you fabricating in your head connections and intent that aren't there.

aka - conspiracy theory.

This doesn't conflict with anything I said.

Which is very different than a criminal indictment. An IG can't even assemble a grand jury, right?.

Probably better that they investigate thoroughly. Methodically. And explore every avenue.

Not familiar with the powers of an IG. Seeing as many were out for his head, why did they not lay charges?

Well, there is this precedent:

Washington (CNN)White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday President Donald Trump's tweets are indeed official statements.

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized. Spicer did not indicate whether that included both of the President's Twitter handles: @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.

Looks to me like the IG investigation was fair and square.

Well we will know more in April/May. Then we will have more information. That said, from what I understand the process for firing was not adhered to. Information withheld from his lawyer.

Not familiar with the powers of an IG. Seeing as many were out for his head, why did they not lay charges?

A federal IG does not have authority to bring charges. If the IG discovers evidence of possible criminal activity he refers the matter to law enforcement.

Well we will know more in April/May. Then we will have more information. That said, from what I understand the process for firing was not adhered to. Information withheld from his lawyer.

It is considered an internal personnel matter. No lawyer requirement. That comes later (now) when/if the fired individual contests his firing.

It is considered an internal personnel matter. No lawyer requirement. That comes later (now) when/if the fired individual contests his firing.

If the appeal process within the PS is unavailable, this will go to court.

This doesn't conflict with anything I said.

It conflicts with everything you said and more-over implied.

1) It wasn't $700,000. You rounded up $125,000 to make it seem more damaging.
2) and you were implying shadiness. Which it wasn't.

Still you'd like to see him arrested....He'll be out campaigning for Democrats come fall...Watch and see

Why, what did he do?

Trump wanted McCabe fired, but the IG didn't recommend this because that was what Trump wanted. Horowitz's report provides good reasons to fire McCabe, these are the same reasons why Trump wanted him fired, they are good reasons; there is at least the appearance of impropriety in his being actively involved in the investigation of Hillary's unlawful dissemination of classified documents through her unsecured private server after his wife received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Democrat party, he suspiciously delayed examination of the Weiner laptop, McCabe's documented lack of "candor" in sworn Congressional testimony is a serious concern, recurring reference to him in the highly biased Strzok-mistress messaging is also very troubling.

I think it should be obvious by now there was a 'cabal' in the DoJ, FBI and intelligence community to prevent Trump's election, they failed and they will try to conceal their efforts while they distract us with unsupportable claims Trump colluded with Russians to defeat Hillary.

What intrigues me is how 'Americans' could prefer to be governed by whatever some conspiring high ranking intelligence, justice and law enforcement figures arranged.

Trump wanted McCabe fired, but the IG didn't recommend this because that was what Trump wanted. Horowitz's report provides good reasons to fire McCabe, these are the same reasons why Trump wanted him fired, they are good reasons; there is at least the appearance of impropriety in his being actively involved in the investigation of Hillary's unlawful dissemination of classified documents through her unsecured private server after his wife received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Democrat party, he suspiciously delayed examination of the Weiner laptop, McCabe's documented lack of "candor" in sworn Congressional testimony is a serious concern, recurring reference to him in the highly biased Strzok-mistress messaging is also very troubling.

I think it should be obvious by now there was a 'cabal' in the DoJ, FBI and intelligence community to prevent Trump's election, they failed and they will try to conceal their efforts while they distract us with unsupportable claims Trump colluded with Russians to defeat Hillary.

What intrigues me is how 'Americans' could prefer to be governed by whatever some conspiring high ranking intelligence, justice and law enforcement figures arranged.

There was no "cabal." That's just BS.

Back
Top Bottom