• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

Thus, the reason I have never participated in Facebook and never will!

You won't participate in FB because it allegedly suppresses news reports? Facebook is for putting up family pics and stupid things like that. So their news feeds are biased. So are Fox, CNN, etc. Dont turn to Facebook for actual news.

You won't participate in FB because it allegedly suppresses news reports? Facebook is for putting up family pics and stupid things like that. So their news feeds are biased. So are Fox, CNN, etc. Dont turn to Facebook for actual news.

Lib feigns ignorance, news at eleven. :rolleyes:

Anyone who is surprised by this hasn't been paying attention the past 7 years.

Suppress that which we don't agree with. Standard leftist tactic.
:yawn:
Nothing new here.

But is disconcerting how many people are influenced by FB posts. I would imagine that it changes some's predispositions a bit.

Suppressed ?

My feed is full of my extended family linking every stupid conservative clickbait garbage article they can find.

They're doing a **** job suppressing anything.

Suppressed ?

My feed is full of my extended family linking every stupid conservative clickbait garbage article they can find.

Are you wondering why you never see your families' mention in that "trending" news section (whatever the hell that is) of Facebook that scrubs certain news stories?
Or is it that you don't go to Facebook for your news?
And that if you want news you'll get it from the NYT that just plays stenographer for Obama's henchmen like Ben Rhodes?

Turns out there's not much of a difference.

Nothing new here.

But is disconcerting how many people are influenced by FB posts. I would imagine that it changes some's predispositions a bit.

How is this significantly different than allot of what is done by agenda driven political forum moderators taking threads they dislike to "The Dungeon", not because they contain anything other than an opinion or fact they disagree with...

Additionally, many will ignore threads which are blatantly flaming, or Leftie Lies.

A blatant example is any thread which challenges the LGBT agenda, vs any thread which makes clearly FALSE accusations of White Supremacy.

The Conservative Moderators tend to be fair and accepting, the Leftie Moderators abuse their power... again and again and again.

I know of only ONE political forum which does not exhibit this tendency, and it is not this one.

-

Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

I'll file this under the heading of "no **** sherlock"

Nothing new here.

How is this significantly different than allot of what is done by agenda driven political forum moderators taking threads they dislike to "The Dungeon", not because they contain anything other than an opinion or fact they disagree with...

Additionally, many will ignore threads which are blatantly flaming, or Leftie Lies.

A blatant example is any thread which challenges the LGBT agenda, vs any thread which makes clearly FALSE accusations of White Supremacy.

The Conservative Moderators tend to be fair and accepting, the Leftie Moderators abuse their power... again and again and again.

I know of only ONE political forum which does not exhibit this tendency, and it is not this one.

-

Lies should not be peddled as facts.

Maybe if conservative politics relied on facts, as opposed to lies, it wouldn't find itself with such an inglorious reputation.

Are you wondering why you never see your families' mention in that "trending" news section (whatever the hell that is) of Facebook that scrubs certain news stories?
Or is it that you don't go to Facebook for your news?
And that if you want news you'll get it from the NYT that just plays stenographer for Obama's henchmen like Ben Rhodes?

Turns out there's not much of a difference.

I have no idea, i try not to look at ads or clickbait or sponsored links.

Maybe if conservative politics relied on facts, as opposed to lies, it wouldn't find itself with such an inglorious reputation.

I suppose the whole Louis Lerner IRS story that Facebook suppressed was one of those "lies" you're talking about.... LMMFAO

Oh, if liberal / progressive politics didn't lie so much.

I also don't go to Facebook because my life is not an open book and I want nothing to do with sharing it with the world.

Suppressed ?

Not according to the articles posted!

Facebook is no different from Google, CNN, the Huffington Post, Media Mattes, Mother Jones, or all the rest..............to wit: Propaganda, lies, manipulations ... the communist agenda.

I'm not exactly how to take this. Is it:

1. See look at all that liberal bias in the media

2. Hey look at that private sector company exercising its unfettered rights.

3. Hey, why would a highly successful company have a bias against conservatives who are supposed to be so good for business( hmmm )?

4. Is this a fake story designed to drum up support for an idea of bias in the media?

Which is it?

I suppose the whole Louis Lerner IRS story that Facebook suppressed was one of those "lies" you're talking about.... LMMFAO

What story ?

That political organizations are not eligible for 501(c)(4) privileged Social Welfare non-profit status ?

That something named "Tea Party" is primarily political and therefore should rightfully be ineligible ?

What story ?

That political organizations are not eligible for 501(c)(4) privileged Social Welfare non-profit status ?

That something named "Tea Party" is primarily political and therefore should rightfully be ineligible ?

Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a brainwashed political drone that's only capable of spewing liberal talking points.... My mistake.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a brainwashed political drone that's only capable of spewing liberal talking points.... My mistake.

Hmm...

""We found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution," Kadzik said. "We also found no evidence that any official involved in the handling of tax-exempt applications or IRS leadership attempted to obstruct justice. Based on the evidence developed in this investigation and the recommendation of experienced career prosecutors and supervising attorneys at the department, we are closing our investigation and will not seek any criminal charges.""

DOJ closes IRS investigation with no charges - CNNPolitics.com

"To be tax-exempt as a social welfare organization described in Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(4), an organization must not be organized for profit and must be operated exclusively to promote social welfare."

https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Other-Non-Profits/Social-Welfare-Organizations

The law actually requires that social welfare non-profits under 501(c)(4) are operated exclusively to promote social welfare. The IRS has been loose in this interpretation, for the benefit of organizations like the Sierra Club which does have some limited political operations. Something named "Tea Party" is likely to be political.

Hmm...

""We found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution," Kadzik said. "We also found no evidence that any official involved in the handling of tax-exempt applications or IRS leadership attempted to obstruct justice. Based on the evidence developed in this investigation and the recommendation of experienced career prosecutors and supervising attorneys at the department, we are closing our investigation and will not seek any criminal charges.""

DOJ closes IRS investigation with no charges - CNNPolitics.com

"To be tax-exempt as a social welfare organization described in Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)(4), an organization must not be organized for profit and must be operated exclusively to promote social welfare."

https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Other-Non-Profits/Social-Welfare-Organizations

The law actually requires that social welfare non-profits under 501(c)(4) are operated exclusively to promote social welfare. The IRS has been loose in this interpretation, for the benefit of organizations like the Sierra Club which does have some limited political operations. Something named "Tea Party" is likely to be political.

Obama's DOJ, investigating the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS during his election campaign...

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow said: “There is a reasonable fear by all of us, by any of us, that the kind of power the IRS has could be misused,” she further said that this scrutiny of Tea Party groups was “not fair.”[102]

Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart stated that the scandal had taken “the last arrow in your pro-governance quiver,” he further said that this threw doubt on President Obama’s “managerial competence” and had proven correct “conspiracy theorists,” moving the burden of proof onto federal authorities.[102]

ABC News' Terry Moran wrote that this was: “A truly Nixonian abuse of power by the Obama administration.”[102]

NBC's Tom Brokaw stated: “It’s time for action,”.

NBC’s White House correspondent Chuck Todd: “It didn’t seem like they had a sense of urgency about it, a real sense of outrage,” and further; “This is outrageous no matter what political party you are.”[102]

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough said: “This is tyranny,” and talked of “unspeakable” abuses by the IRS. "This time it’s real.”

Let me again say... I didn't realize I was talking to a brainwashed political drone that's only capable of spewing liberal talking points.... My mistake.

Last edited:
Obama's DOJ, investigating the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS during his election campaign...

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow said: “There is a reasonable fear by all of us, by any of us, that the kind of power the IRS has could be misused,” she further said that this scrutiny of Tea Party groups was “not fair.”[102]

Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart stated that the scandal had taken “the last arrow in your pro-governance quiver,” he further said that this threw doubt on President Obama’s “managerial competence” and had proven correct “conspiracy theorists,” moving the burden of proof onto federal authorities.[102]

ABC News' Terry Moran wrote that this was: “A truly Nixonian abuse of power by the Obama administration.”[102]

NBC's Tom Brokaw stated: “It’s time for action,”.

NBC’s White House correspondent Chuck Todd: “It didn’t seem like they had a sense of urgency about it, a real sense of outrage,” and further; “This is outrageous no matter what political party you are.”[102]

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough said: “This is tyranny,” and talked of “unspeakable” abuses by the IRS. "This time it’s real.”

Let me again say... I didn't realize I was talking to a brainwashed political drone that's only capable of spewing liberal talking points.... My mistake.

Obama's weaponization of the government doesn't end at just the IRS or the DOJ. The EPA has similarly been weaponized as has the BLM. I'd suspect, by extension, that every government department has been weaponized by Obama.

Back
Top Bottom