• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden Endorses Executing Leakers of Nuclear Secrets

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I take it that we're now in traitorous territory when speaking about illegally possessing and possibly offering nuclear material for sell. For myself, actions behind the 1/6 Capitol assault was traitorous. So, who here can add their thoughts about where our nation stands with the situation that we are now faced with after 1/6/21 and 8/8/22? What should we expect from law and order concerning this matter if this comes to a trial?

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden responded approvingly to a tweet talking about executions for those who spill nuclear secrets after it was reported that FBI agents were searching for classified documents related to nuclear weapons during their raid of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.

A tweet Thursday evening from presidential historian and NBC contributor Michael Beschloss makes no mention of Trump but did refer to Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, a couple convicted of espionage for their role in sharing atomic secrets with the Soviet Union. "Rosenbergs were convicted for giving U.S. nuclear secrets to Moscow, and were executed June 1953," he said, along with a photo.

Hayden replied, "Sounds about right."

There would be a certain irony in the guy who still refuses to retract his demand that the completely innocent "Central Park 5" be executed getting executed, but that really isn't going to be happening...

Have they said he had nuclear documents, even? I'm guessing we won't find out one way or the other unless he's actually charged.

Every ex-official at every level agrees. Republican and Democrat.

The only people who disagrees are current republican politicians and right wing media that make a living causing decent.

If Donald J. Rosenberg knowingly removed and kept Nuclear secrets, lock him up.

As much as I loathe Trump and like to see him in jail, hyperbole of this type about executing an ex-President will likely do MORE harm in American's perception of American justice than good.

Obviously Righties on here are still screaming "nothing there" or "illegal action" and "down with the FBI", but we know where they are coming from and can easily be dismissed.

AS with the prosecution of ANY criminal, gathering evidence and building a case that will hold up in court takes time. YET EVERYONE wants immediate results. The Righties demanding to see the evidence "NOW" is being echoed by many on the Left who also want to see the evidence "NOW."

Isn't it more prudent to keep still until all the evidence has been presented so we don't end up with egg on our faces?

As for Hayden's opinions about executing Trump over the possibility of selling those secrets, he is another that could end up with egg on his face. Maybe Trump DID sell secrets, maybe he just kept them in his possession, or maybe this is all hearsay.

WAIT FOR ALL THE FACTS TO BE IN!

There would be a certain irony in the guy who still refuses to retract his demand that the completely innocent "Central Park 5" be executed getting executed, but that really isn't going to be happening...

Have they said he had nuclear documents, even? I'm guessing we won't find out one way or the other unless he's actually charged.
Correct. No charges yet. With my own existing 'feelings' along with the article posted that mentions what happened to two people in the '50s who gave US nuclear docs to Moscow, found guilty and executed, taps into said feelings that we're in traitorous territory. If DJT is charged and it goes to trial and if convicted, is it still too early to speculate what he faces at that point?

As much as I loathe Trump and like to see him in jail, hyperbole of this type about executing an ex-President will likely do MORE harm in American's perception of American justice than good.

Obviously Righties on here are still screaming "nothing there" or "illegal action" and "down with the FBI", but we know where they are coming from and can easily be dismissed.

AS with the prosecution of ANY criminal, gathering evidence and building a case that will hold up in court takes time. YET EVERYONE wants immediate results. The Righties demanding to see the evidence "NOW" is being echoed by many on the Left who also want to see the evidence "NOW."

Isn't it more prudent to keep still until all the evidence has been presented so we don't end up with egg on our faces?

As for Hayden's opinions about executing Trump over the possibility of selling those secrets, he is another that could end up with egg on his face. Maybe Trump DID sell secrets, maybe he just kept them in his possession, or maybe this is all hearsay.

WAIT FOR ALL THE FACTS TO BE IN!
Good advice and have already exercised that myself. The question that I put forth in this thread is if this matter ends up in a trial, what should we expect. Are we in traitorous territory at this point
if, of course, facts reveal that there was an illegal possession of classified nuclear docs with possible intent to give to others?

Good advice and have already exercised that myself. The question that I put forth in this thread is if this matter ends up in a trial, what should we expect. Are we in traitorous territory at this point
if, of course, facts reveal that there was an illegal possession of classified nuclear docs with possible intent to give to others?
all of that would have to be presented AND proven in a court of law, and prosecuting that charge could take YEARS, so I have to wonder if our attention span will last THAT long. probably not.

I take it that we're now in traitorous territory when speaking about illegally possessing and possibly offering nuclear material for sell. For myself, actions behind the 1/6 Capitol assault was traitorous. So, who here can add their thoughts about where our nation stands with the situation that we are now faced with after 1/6/21 and 8/8/22? What should we expect from law and order concerning this matter if this comes to a trial?

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden responded approvingly to a tweet talking about executions for those who spill nuclear secrets after it was reported that FBI agents were searching for classified documents related to nuclear weapons during their raid of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.

A tweet Thursday evening from presidential historian and NBC contributor Michael Beschloss makes no mention of Trump but did refer to Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, a couple convicted of espionage for their role in sharing atomic secrets with the Soviet Union. "Rosenbergs were convicted for giving U.S. nuclear secrets to Moscow, and were executed June 1953," he said, along with a photo.

Bad idea.

But do you suppose djt didn't understand that according to the Atomic Energy Act, the President does NOT have the power to declassify nuclear information by himself?

I don't support the death penalty under any circumstance.

Bad idea.
The execution part of what M Hayden said, correct?
But do you suppose djt didn't understand that according to the Atomic Energy Act, the President does NOT have the power to declassify nuclear information by himself?
Good question because such a question darn near applies with everything that he's seen or caught doing. We normally define his 'actions' as being stupid or a dumbass. I kinda say that about him myself. However, as I also say a lot is that he's so surrounded by lawyers and advisors that I think that his moves are based on what he's advised what he can get away with or not. Basically, here's what you should do sir so that we can cover your ass. As a rule inside DJT's head, I believe that he feels that he can do whatever he feels like, in which is self-serving that enriches his $$$ while bringing along his cult followers - his private army of nutjobs. 1/6/21 a perfect example. So, to now answer your question - he probably was advised about the AEA and a few other 'do not touch' acts but his brain thought screw it - I lost the election and now I'll take with me insurance that will pad my corrupt retire plan, and, or give me an escape route to whichever rogue country excepts me, because I will have what they want. US nuclear docs. So basically, despite what our laws dictate, it shouldn't apply to him. You know, DJT the King. He also probably felt that he'd have at his disposal personnel who could decipher any codes in those docs.

Of course, he'll never admit to any of this despite the amount of possible proof or facts brought against him, but there's many guilty people who declare their innocence until their dying breath.

I don't support the death penalty under any circumstance.
I respect your sentiment but under some circumstances I support the death penalty. I would be just fine if DJT received 15-20 years or even life. With that, I'd hope that he would also lose all post president bennies.

It's amazing how this WaPo story is already breeding a whole line of conspiracy theories, when there isn't a single shred of evidence that Trump had any secret nuke documents.

It's amazing how this WaPo story is already breeding a whole line of conspiracy theories, when there isn't a single shred of evidence that Trump had any secret nuke documents.
The media does what the media does. Nature of the beast. However, knowing and understanding DJT like many of us do, we can't help but assume that he's as dirty as the day is long. However, the fat lady doesn't sing in this particular case of illegal White House docs taken to Mar-a-Lago that may have included highly classified nuclear docs until facts prove that out. Hell, even if facts are presented, the slippery snake of Mar-a-Lago may still get away with it. Mob boss type lawyers knows many of the right g-spots to manipulate. imo

Appears that 'the media' is getting warmer. This might be considered a shred. ;)

A receipt accompanying the search warrant, viewed by POLITICO on Friday, shows that Trump possessed documents including a handwritten note; documents marked with “TS/SCI,” which indicate one of the highest levels of government classification; and another item labeled “Info re: President of France.”

The warrant shows federal law enforcement was investigating Trump for removal or destruction of records, obstruction of an investigation, and violating the Espionage Act. Conviction under the statutes can result in imprisonment or fines.

Appears that 'the media' is getting warmer. This might be considered a shred. ;)

A receipt accompanying the search warrant, viewed by POLITICO on Friday, shows that Trump possessed documents including a handwritten note; documents marked with “TS/SCI,” which indicate one of the highest levels of government classification; and another item labeled “Info re: President of France.”

The warrant shows federal law enforcement was investigating Trump for removal or destruction of records, obstruction of an investigation, and violating the Espionage Act. Conviction under the statutes can result in imprisonment or fines.

Feel free to explain how any of that provides a shred of evidence that any of the documents relate to nukes, or that any of them were still classified for that matter.

Feel free to explain how any of that provides a shred of evidence that any of the documents relate to nukes, or that any of them were still classified for that matter.
My statement that the media might be getting warmer didn't tip you off? Just consider it a shred to hopefully the rest of the story later down the road - hopefully sooner than later. Probably depends on how well the investigation unfolds.

The execution part of what M Hayden said, correct?

Good question because such a question darn near applies with everything that he's seen or caught doing. We normally define his 'actions' as being stupid or a dumbass. I kinda say that about him myself. However, as I also say a lot is that he's so surrounded by lawyers and advisors that I think that his moves are based on what he's advised what he can get away with or not. Basically, here's what you should do sir so that we can cover your ass. As a rule inside DJT's head, I believe that he feels that he can do whatever he feels like, in which is self-serving that enriches his $$$ while bringing along his cult followers - his private army of nutjobs. 1/6/21 a perfect example. So, to now answer your question - he probably was advised about the AEA and a few other 'do not touch' acts but his brain thought screw it - I lost the election and now I'll take with me insurance that will pad my corrupt retire plan, and, or give me an escape route to whichever rogue country excepts me, because I will have what they want. US nuclear docs. So basically, despite what our laws dictate, it shouldn't apply to him. You know, DJT the King. He also probably felt that he'd have at his disposal personnel who could decipher any codes in those docs.

Of course, he'll never admit to any of this despite the amount of possible proof or facts brought against him, but there's many guilty people who declare their innocence until their dying breath.
Yes, the execution part.

Yes, the execution part.
Yeah, I can see the reason behind that thinking. It's not that he wouldn't deserve it if found guilty, but the millions of nutjobs would use it for their idiotic reason to break out civil war. I'd settle for a nice long vacation for DJT at a Fed Hotel w/security bars if he's found guilty. :)

There is no evidence that he did not have secret nuke documents.😉

My statement that the media might be getting warmer didn't tip you off? Just consider it a shred to hopefully the rest of the story later down the road - hopefully sooner than later. Probably depends on how well the investigation unfolds.

No, it didn't tip me off because it was a claim that wasn't based on anything relevant.

No, it didn't tip me off because it was a claim that wasn't based on anything relevant.
I prefer to not contain myself in darkness simply by understanding the validity of the ongoing investigation into DJT for 'removal or destruction of records, obstruction of an investigation, and violating the Espionage Act' if eventually charged and proven guilty. Given DJT's track record - it's easy to believe that he's capable of all things corrupt and possibly traitorous just as I believe he is in connection with 1/6/21. I'll keep you in mind if and when more evidence surfaces about this particular matter by letting you know. Have a good one, sport.

Getting a little better idea about seized materials from Mar-a-Lago. If what is shared below holds true, yeah - there's suggestion of a serious set of legal problems facing DJT.

The list of information seized includes materials labeled with “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” which refers to top-secret and sensitive compartmented information. That’s a government label for material gathered through sensitive intelligence sources, methods or analytical processes. The items were taken during the execution of a search warrant signed by a Florida judge.

Prosecutors said they were searching for evidence of violations of three specific federal criminal laws: 18 USC 793, which is part of Espionage Act and makes it a crime to remove or misuse information related to national defense; 18 USC 2071, which makes it a crime to hide, damage, or destroy government records; and 18 USC 1519, which makes it a crime to falsify, destroy, or cover up records to obstruct or interfere with a federal investigation or “proper administration of any matter” under the jurisdiction of an agency.

The judge authorized agents to gather any documents with classification markings as well as information about how “national defense information or classified material” had been stored and handled. The judge also gave agents leeway to collect any other government records created between the day Trump took office on Jan. 20, 2017 and when he left four years later that might be evidence of violations of the Espionage Act or other document-related crimes under investigation.

Included in the materials removed from Trump’s home Monday were 11 sets of documents labeled classified, confidential, secret and top secret included in about 20 boxes. Other items listed included a handwritten note, the executive clemency grant for Trump confidante Roger Stone, photos, and information about the “President of France.”

Back
Top Bottom