• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Foriegn aid in the wake of Katrina

should we tell Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez to take a long walk off a short pier?

• yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I wouldn't offer foreign aid at all, so I say yes. The US should fend for itself, since the government got it in this mess of lack of funds and oil in the first place.

-FK

Um... but Venezuela didn't cause Katrina.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
It's the principle, like when Giuliani gave the check back to the Saudi Prince.

^ Damn, another one!

So we refuse aid for victims because of our pride?

God dang right our people are better off with us taking care of it. They can take their aid and shove it! What's wrong with pride, do you not have it?
It's one of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS...that's what's wrong with it...

26 X World Champs said:
It's one of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS...that's what's wrong with it...

way to inject religion into a purely secular subject but hay man seeing as your a liberal democrat how is it that religion is b.s. on your points and not on mine . . . double standards?

We didn't cause the Indonesian sunami, unless ofcourse you wear tin foil hats.

...right.

I was pointing out that refusing aid is hardly a matter of pride, as Venezuela didn't cause the hurricane.

vergiss said:
...right.

I was pointing out that refusing aid is hardly a matter of pride, as Venezuela didn't cause the hurricane.

OK I misunderstood I thought you were implying something, however the fact remains that we shouldn't allow Chavez to use his offer of aid as a catalyst for his propaganda machine which he is surely to do.

Uh huh. Who needs the tinfoil hat now?

God dang right our people are better off with us taking care of it. They can take their aid and shove it! What's wrong with pride, do you not have it?

I'm sry but I'm a supporter of free trade. If a country wants to give us some extra oil I'd be all for it. What do we have against Argentina anyways...oh yeah, they're communist. Like I give a **** what form of govt they have.:roll:

Oh, and I consider pride to be a great evil...on the same level as nationalism.

Last edited:
Zero, Chavez is the DEMOCRATICALY elected president of Venezuela...

The media and the rich in Venezuela hate Chavez, yet he still gets 60% of the vote in a fair, democratic election.

Yeah, what a pompous ass he is. Wow. We should refuse all help from him because we're number one. Woo, USA, we're the best. We don't need help!

Wait..what was the definition of irony again?

V.I. Lenin said:

The media and the rich in Venezuela hate Chavez, yet he still gets 60% of the vote in a fair, democratic election.

Yeah, what a pompous ass he is. Wow. We should refuse all help from him because we're number one. Woo, USA, we're the best. We don't need help!

Wait..what was the definition of irony again?

It's a farce put on by the fascist corps!!!!!!! Fuq Chavez, Damn the man!

Save the Republic!!!!!!!!!

Well then. Any proof of this?

Also, how is he facist? If anything he's leftist.

And I'm pretty sure he can live without your endorsement.

It's a farce put on by the fascist corps!!!!!!! Fuq Chavez, Damn the man!

Save the Republic!!!!!!!!!

So free trade is a threat to a Republic?:lol:

V.I. Lenin said:

I know he was. Doesn't mean he's not a communist.

If his offer will help Americans we should take it. I wonder if he would trade oil for Pat Robertson? :mrgreen: I don't really care what the oil industry thinks of him.

Freiheits Kämpfer said:
I wouldn't offer foreign aid at all, so I say yes. The US should fend for itself, since the government got it in this mess of lack of funds and oil in the first place.

-FK

wow a nazi the only political group, if you can call it that, that is more ignorant than the libs. you want to talk about a leader gettin its people in a mess why dont you look at old adolf, you complain about bush yet you look up to murderous scum like hitler. you want to know how adolf took over power in Germany, he made them all read mine kamuf and when they wher sleeping declared him self leader.

Back
Top Bottom