• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forget science, you see climate change on tv.

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change.
“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle.."-Michael Mann

Got it? He must have seen ABC sensationalizing a rainstorm in Texas ,so that proves it.

Read more: Blog: Warmist guru Michael Mann tells DNC platform committee to use scary propaganda, not science, to panic voters into accepting flawed theory
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Remember how all the insufferably pompous warmist d-bags mocked James Inhofe for bringing a snowball into a climate change hearing?
I sure do

In other words, you're upset because Mann is pointing out that the early scientific work done in the 90s has proven to be accurate and the consequences of AGW are so obvious that they are featured on the TV news regularly.

I can see why a denier would get upset at that.

I saw it just yesterday. It rained. No big deal, but it rained the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that. Never seen that before.

In other words, you're upset because Mann is pointing out that the early scientific work done in the 90s has proven to be accurate and the consequences of AGW are so obvious that they are featured on the TV news regularly.

I can see why a denier would get upset at that.

You mean Michael "Noble Prize winner but not and been smacked for lying repeatedly" Mann? That guy? How he has any credibility is a testament to the stupidity of humans.

I saw it just yesterday. It rained. No big deal, but it rained the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that. Never seen that before.

OH NO, it rained a few days in a row... during the back end of a decently strong El Nino! IT MUST CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!

You mean Michael "Noble Prize winner but not and been smacked for lying repeatedly" Mann? That guy? How he has any credibility is a testament to the stupidity of humans.

You mean the Distinguished Professor at the top Earth Science school in the nation?

I guess educated people disagree with your assessment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OH NO, it rained a few days in a row... during the back end of a decently strong El Nino! IT MUST CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!

And flash floods in the low areas in the mountains. Never seen that before neither. Okay, I seen it before. Few hundred times, at least, and going back over 60 years, but that don't count. Weren't no AGW back then.

“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change.
“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle.."-Michael Mann

Got it? He must have seen ABC sensationalizing a rainstorm in Texas ,so that proves it.

Read more: Blog: Warmist guru Michael Mann tells DNC platform committee to use scary propaganda, not science, to panic voters into accepting flawed theory
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Remember how all the insufferably pompous warmist d-bags mocked James Inhofe for bringing a snowball into a climate change hearing?
I sure do

Actually, he did a lot of damage with his Hockeystick.

And flash floods in the low areas in the mountains. Never seen that before neither. Okay, I seen it before. Few hundred times, at least, and going back over 60 years, but that don't count. Weren't no AGW back then.

" What global warming? See this snowball"
LEFT: " Idiot...moron...that weather not climate....dope...that's not science"
"did you see those storms on TV-how can you deny global warming?"

LEFT: " He's right! It's obvious! ...told ya deniers."

YA just gott laff at the warmist kooks sometimes

Good morning, humbolt :2wave:

Two days ago it reached 95 degrees, according to the thermometer on the deck at my house. It was also so humid outdoors it was a chore just to breathe, so other than letting the dogs out briefly, we stayed indoors.

Yesterday it had dropped to 76 degrees and I actually contemplated putting on a sweater because it felt chilly! :shock: This morning the thermometer is saying it's 52 degrees, and I am thinking about putting on a coat, since that's just 20 degrees short of freezing! Mind you, we had no rain or anything else to cause this, so WTH is happening?

Most everything about this year has been totally crazy so far - the candidates up for election that no one particularly likes; various ongoing investigations of scandals caused by elected officials; suicide bombings and crazy men with guns that are killing scores of people all around the world; increased cruelty to animals; BREXIT, which could change how the world will operate in the near future; the increasing attacks on our Constitution and our way of life; and other outrageous things being highlighted by our MSM, who seem to delight in causing constant unrest, confusion, hostility, and extreme bias! Are the Gods toying with us mere humans?

I'm personally sick of it, and I want whoever is behind this agenda, for personal gain and power, to just knock it off! I've reached a point where I wouldn't object to bringing back the guillotines if necessary, and using the damn things! This is America, not some backwater third world country with a dictator who makes the laws to get what they want, and the H*** with everyone else! Too many people are suffering around the world for this to continue much longer, IMO, and this is not the America I grew up in, where everyone except the elite is nothing but a serf!

:rantoff:

Last edited:
The idea that the global warming since say 1980 is perceivable by humans is bordering on impossible.
To further imply a connection between weather events and the observed warming, is
moving into pure speculation.
Let's look at the data, and it's strange asymmetry.
seasonal_Asy.jpg
There has been warming, mostly in the winter months, and the majority in the northern hemisphere.
The summer time warming is almost non existent.
So the average temperatures are up, because the lows are not going as low.
The high temperatures are increasing also, but only at a rate 75% slower than the lows.
I am not saying that warmer winter evenings are benign, they do affect chill hours and plant cycles.
it is just the idea that the effects would be visible in the news weather cycle is pushing the bounds of reality.
Statements like that diminish both the person making them, and the Science they represent.

Two days ago it reached 95 degrees, according to the thermometer on the deck at my house. It was also so humid outdoors it was a chore just to breathe, so other than letting the dogs out briefly, we stayed indoors.

Yesterday it had dropped to 76 degrees and I actually contemplated putting on a sweater because it felt chilly! This morning the thermometer is saying it's 52 degrees, and I am thinking about putting on a heavy coat, since that's just 20 degrees short of freezing! Mind you, we had no rain or anything else to cause this, so WTH is happening?

Most everything about this year has been totally crazy so far - the candidates up for election that no one particularly likes; various ongoing investigations of scandals caused by elected officials; suicide bombings and crazy men with guns that are killing scores of people all around the world; increased cruelty to animals; BREXIT, which could change how the world will operate in the near future; the increasing attacks on our Constitution and our way of life; and other outrageous things being highlighted by our MSM, who seem to delight in causing constant unrest, confusion, hostility, and extreme bias!

I'm personally sick of it, and I want whoever is behind this agenda, for personal gain and power, to just knock it off! I've reached a point where I wouldn't object to bringing back the guillotines if necessary, and using the damn things! This is America, not some backwater third world country with a dictator who makes the laws to get what they want, and the H*** with everyone else! Too many people are suffering around the world for this to continue much longer, IMO, and this is not the America I grew up in, where everyone except the elite is nothing but a serf!

Didn't Edgar Cayce predict this?

If so, it must be preordained.

So stop fretting.

So stop fretting.
I was thinking Thomas Jefferson's prediction is a bit closer.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

You mean the Distinguished Professor at the top Earth Science school in the nation?

I guess educated people disagree with your assessment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one whose hockey stick has been debunked and had been smacked down repeatedly for lying about winning a noble prize?

So stop fretting.

Good morning, Threegoofs. :2wave:

With all the advances that have occurred in IT, human longevity, medicines that help the sick and/or hurting, and food production, shouldn't we be going in the opposite direction than we are? I understand that one-world-government, via the NWO agenda, seems to be the goal of a few very wealthy elite, however the UK appeared to be the first to say "No Thanks" to that idea, and look how that has roiled the world markets in the past few days! Is this a harbinger of what we can expect in the near future? :shock: If so, I probably should get a prescription for an anti-depressant ASAP, since the song "This could be the start of something big" might become reality! :mrgreen:

Yesterday it had dropped to 76 degrees and I actually contemplated putting on a sweater because it felt chilly! :shock: This morning the thermometer is saying it's 52 degrees, and I am thinking about putting on a coat, since that's just 20 degrees short of freezing! Mind you, we had no rain or anything else to cause this, so WTH is happening?

Most everything about this year has been totally crazy so far - the candidates up for election that no one particularly likes; various ongoing investigations of scandals caused by elected officials; suicide bombings and crazy men with guns that are killing scores of people all around the world; increased cruelty to animals; BREXIT, which could change how the world will operate in the near future; the increasing attacks on our Constitution and our way of life; and other outrageous things being highlighted by our MSM, who seem to delight in causing constant unrest, confusion, hostility, and extreme bias! Are the Gods toying with us mere humans?

I with you. I have no idea WTH is going on, and I don't find those who claim they know believable at all. The only thing I'm certain of right now is that I have to go out and weed eat before the weeds on the bank take over. They're ISIS affiliates, I think.

The one whose hockey stick has been debunked and had been smacked down repeatedly for lying about winning a noble prize?

By 'debunked and smacked down repeatedly' you must mean 'replicated and expanded upon', because his seminal work is considered pretty definitive outside the Right Wing Noise Machine.

Good morning, Threegoofs. :2wave:

With all the advances that have occurred in IT, human longevity, medicines that help the sick and/or hurting, and food production, shouldn't we be going in the opposite direction than we are? I understand that one-world-government, via the NWO agenda, seems to be the goal of a few very wealthy elite, however the UK appeared to be the first to say "No Thanks" to that idea, and look how that has roiled the world markets in the past few days! Is this a harbinger of what we can expect in the near future? :shock: If so, I probably should get a prescription for an anti-depressant ASAP, since the song "This could be the start of something big" might become reality! :mrgreen:

Yes.

I miss the days where Nationalism ruled and we had World Wars every 30 years.

That was great.

By 'debunked and smacked down repeatedly' you must mean 'replicated and expanded upon', because his seminal work is considered pretty definitive outside the Right Wing Noise Machine.

No, actually it's not.

In doing this research McIntyre and McKitrick had legitimately accessed Mann’s public college web site server in order to get a lot of the source material, and whilst doing this they found the data that provoked them to look at the bristlecone series in a folder entitled “Censored”. It seems that Mann had done this very experiment himself and discovered that the climate graph loses its hockey stick shape when the bristlecone series are removed. In so doing he discovered that the hockey stick was not an accurate chart of the recent global climate pattern, it is an artificial creation that hinges on a flawed group of US proxies that are not even valid climate indicators. But Mann did not disclose this fatal weakness of his results, and it only came to light because of McIntyre and McKitrick’’s laborious efforts.

You can download McKitrick’ss own account of the whole Hockey Stick saga here and this web page compiled by McIntyre and McKitrick has a list of links and documents relating to the Hockey Stick controversy.

Following the publication of McIntyre and McKitrick’s critique of Mann’s work there was an immediate counter attack by some climatologists who had worked closely with Mann in the past. The attack on McIntyre and McKitrick’s critique of Mann’s work really boiled down to saying that of course the Hockey Stick disappeared if you stopped using Mann’s techniques and that you should carry on using Mann’s techniques and then you could get the Hockey Stick back!

Eventually a US senate committee of inquiry was set up under the chairmanship of Edward Wegman a highly respected Professor of mathematics and statistics and in 2006 his report was published. You can download it here.

The report examined the background to Mann’s Hockey Stick paper, the paper itself, the critique of it by McIntyre and McKitrick and took evidence from all the key players. Interestingly Wegman’s committee commissioned some original research into how the small world of climatology actually worked. The study of the social networking of the paleoclimatology world showed how closed it was and how often a small group of scientists both co-wrote and peer reviewed each others papers. For work that depended so much on making statistical claims about trends it was noted that it was surprising that no statisticians ever seemed to be involved in either the research work itself or its peer review.

The key finding in the WEgman Report was that “Our committee believes that the assessments that the decade of the 1990s was the hottest decade in a millennium and that 1998 was the hottest year in a millennium cannot be supported by the MBH98/99 [the technical name of Mann’s original Hockey Stick paper]”
The rise and fall of the Hockey Stick

Climatology Sees One Of The Greatest Scientific Reversals Of All Time ? The Rise And Fall Of The Hockey Stick Charts

The Hockey Stick: A New Low in Climate Science

I could go on, but the HS was statistically a lie, and has been blasted as such repeatedly. Only the faithful cling to it as having any validity.

No, actually it's not.

The rise and fall of the Hockey Stick

Climatology Sees One Of The Greatest Scientific Reversals Of All Time ? The Rise And Fall Of The Hockey Stick Charts

The Hockey Stick: A New Low in Climate Science

I could go on, but the HS was statistically a lie, and has been blasted as such repeatedly. Only the faithful cling to it as having any validity.

Thanks for those missives from the RIght Wing Noise Machine.

Meanwhile, real scientists have continued and expanded upon his original work, which is still being referenced in the literature.

PAGES - Past Global Changes - Intro

afd59c515a7b04ee1ac535d776fa5adc.gif

Yes.

I miss the days where Nationalism ruled and we had World Wars every 30 years.

That was great.

tsk tsk! You'd think I'd be accustomed to your responses by now, but you continue to surprise me! :lamo: Edgar Casey "saw" China and Russia teaming up to fight against the rest of the world in what would be the final battle for mankind, and he's been dead for over 70 years - long before either country was considered a major player on the world stage. If he was right - and he was rarely wrong... the final battle looks like it may be economic, since both have been accumulating gold by the ton, so I guess it's possible. :eek: If we both live long enough, we'll discuss Casey then ...deal?

tsk tsk! You'd think I'd be accustomed to your responses by now, but you continue to surprise me! :lamo: Edgar Casey "saw" China and Russia teaming up to fight against the rest of the world in what would be the final battle for mankind, and he's been dead for over 70 years - long before either country was considered a major player on the world stage. If he was right - and he was rarely wrong... the final battle looks like it may be economic, since both have been accumulating gold by the ton, so I guess it's possible. :eek: If we both live long enough, we'll discuss Casey then ...deal?

Well, TBH, your interest in Edgar Cayce doesn't surprise me at all.

Back
Top Bottom