• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forget After Life, What About Before Life???

So if that's the case, why oh why would a "loving god" condemn anyone for "eternity" if it's based only on the infinitesimally tiny time they are alive as humans on Earth?

Well obviously whoever wrote that crap was not very educated.

The primitives who wrote the bible were not very educated by modern standards.

I have no idea how educated the "writer" was, but the millions upon millions who appear to believe it tend to make me wonder.
Eternal may also mean "timeless," and eternity "outside time"; and before you start to bad-mouth the education of anyone else, show that you can wrap your mind around this concept of eternity by writing a complete sentence in which you demonstrate your bonafides.

The Yahwist was more than likely part of the inner court, and would more than likely have been educated.

OM

I'm pretty sure the people/person who came up with the idea of "eternal damnation" knew exactly what they were doing.

It's the people that blindly follow/believe it that need to be questioned.

Eternal may also mean "timeless," and eternity "outside time"; and before you start to bad-mouth the education of anyone else, show that you can wrap your mind around this concept of eternity by writing a complete sentence in which you demonstrate your bonafides.

The only people worried about an eternal afterlife are people who are afraid of death. The belief in gods arose around that fear of death.

The only people worried about an eternal afterlife are people who are afraid of death. The belief in gods arose around that fear of death.
Not bad. A B for content and a + for your bonafides. B+. It just missed an A for the absence of a phrase indicating the temporal nature of earthly life in contrast to the atemporality of eternity. Thus: "The only people worried about an eternal afterlife are people who are afraid of death" in their life in time.

Not bad. A B for content and a + for your bonafides. B+. It just missed an A for the absence of a phrase indicating the temporal nature of earthly life in contrast to the atemporality of eternity. Thus: "The only people worried about an eternal afterlife are people who are afraid of death" in their life in time.

That really is comical to watch you act as if you are some kind of teacher. Meanwhile when you die you will return to the nothingness that you were before you were born. Does that bother you?

That really is comical to watch you act as if you are some kind of teacher. Meanwhile when you die you will return to the nothingness that you were before you were born. Does that bother you?
I'm not in the least bothered by oblivion if that's what death is because I believe in the rightness of everything that is, was, and will be.
But I am glad you got a kick out of my post; I got a kick out of yours as well. We're even.

Back
Top Bottom