• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forget About Covid, They Say

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Well I never played the silly game and am more healthily than I would have been with an ill advised vaccine swimming around in my body.

Meanwhile Fauci is in exile.

Nothing to see here now they say.

Move along.
———

Earlier this year, a phrase was trending because Bari Weiss used it on a talk show: “I’m done with Covid.” Many people cheered simply because the subject has been the source of vast oppression for billions of people for two years.

There are two ways to be over Covid.

One way is to do what the memo from the consultants of the Democratic National Committee suggested: declare the war won and move on. For political reasons.

Deaths attributed to Covid nationally are higher now than they were in the summer of 2020 when the whole country was locked down. They are also higher now than during the election of November the same year. But today we are just supposed to treat it for what it is: a seasonal virus with a disparate impact on the aged and frail.

Rationality is back! In that sense, it’s good to forget about Covid if it means living life normally and behaving with clarity about what does and does not work to mitigate a virus. The Democrats decided that the hyper-restrictionist ways were risking political fortunes. Hence, the line and the talking points needed to change.

Well I never played the silly game and am more healthily than I would have been with an ill advised vaccine swimming around in my body.

Move along.
———

Earlier this year, a phrase was trending because Bari Weiss used it on a talk show: “I’m done with Covid.” Many people cheered simply because the subject has been the source of vast oppression for billions of people for two years.

One way is to do what the memo from the consultants of the Democratic National Committee suggested: declare the war won and move on. For political reasons.

Deaths attributed to Covid nationally are higher now than they were in the summer of 2020 when the whole country was locked down. They are also higher now than during the election of November the same year. But today we are just supposed to treat it for what it is: a seasonal virus with a disparate impact on the aged and frail.

Rationality is back! In that sense, it’s good to forget about Covid if it means living life normally and behaving with clarity about what does and does not work to mitigate a virus. The Democrats decided that the hyper-restrictionist ways were risking political fortunes. Hence, the line and the talking points needed to change.

Why is it that right wingers are such weak little spoiled snowflakes. I haven't experienced any "oppression" during COVID. This little baby I guess thinks wearing a mask is "oppression" which means he's lived a charmed life. And what you quoted is just stupid. In 2020, we didn't have vaccines. Now we do. Guess who's dying now? At last count, 90% of those in the hospital are unvaccinated morons. The "oppressed" like me who have been vaccinated and the booster aren't.

Etc....

Why is it that right wingers are such weak little spoiled snowflakes. I haven't experienced any "oppression" during COVID. This little baby I guess thinks wearing a mask is "oppression" which means he's lived a charmed life. And what you quoted is just stupid. In 2020, we didn't have vaccines. Now we do. Guess who's dying now? At last count, 90% of those in the hospital are unvaccinated morons. The "oppressed" like me who have been vaccinated and the booster aren't.

Etc....

Millions of people were locked out of work in the hospitality, restaurant, and travel industry. Small businesses got crushed with many going out of business. Kids' are over a year behind in education. Millions have suffered from isolation and stress on their mental health.

But I'm glad you can gloat about how it didn't affect you and calling people morons.

Millions of people were locked out of work in the hospitality, restaurant, and travel industry. Small businesses got crushed with many going out of business. Kids' are over a year behind in education. Millions have suffered from isolation and stress on their mental health.

But I'm glad you can gloat about how it didn't affect you and calling people morons.

Stupid of The Donald to have submitted to so many "bad' recommendations then eh?

You're right, everyone knows everything The Donald touched turned to shit...Biden should have known better than to have continued The Donald's "strategy."

Stupid of The Donald to have submitted to so many "bad' recommendations then eh?

You're right, everyone knows everything The Donald touched turned to shit...Biden should have known better than to have continued The Donald's "strategy."

I'm just glad that nobody followed Cuomo's strategy.

Move along.
———

Still whining that Fauci isn't on TV enough these days?

You've got a bad case of FDS.

Still whining that Fauci isn't on TV enough these days?

You've got a bad case of FDS.
He has MDS too. That dude did not like masks at all.

They were never locked out, they had a choice and chose not to get vaccinated. I wonder how all you mask folks would survive if you were in ukraine? Bitching wouldn't stop the bombing.

They were never locked out, they had a choice and chose not to get vaccinated. I wonder how all you mask folks would survive if you were in ukraine? Bitching wouldn't stop the bombing.
I wonder how you people would survive without having the government explain how to wipe ones rear.

More manufactured nonsensical outrage from the right.

What are talking about? Restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, quarantines, flatten the curve, stay at home orders shut down business and travel. Are you now pretending none of that happened?

There was no "choice" involved. There were several businesses here that were closed by police and fined out of business.

More manufactured nonsensical outrage from the right.

You're normally reasonable within the storm of media chaos.

The mask fiasco and social distancing was the result of public panic and uncertainty, not science. It was to calm the sheep. The masks never stopped droplets and the distance was arbitrary based on average retail space and human behaviors.

This entire pandemic has been one huge social engineering event. Democrats wanted to destroy the economy to blame Trump - fact. Because that's exactly what they did. Maybe the vax lessoned deaths, but it didn't stop transmission. The only reason we're taking the masks off now is because COVID is burning itself out and Democrats are facing defeat in November.

This is and has been political.

You're normally reasonable within the storm of media chaos.

The mask fiasco and social distancing was the result of public panic and uncertainty, not science. It was to calm the sheep. The masks never stopped droplets and the distance was arbitrary based on average retail space and human behaviors.

This entire pandemic has been one huge social engineering event. Democrats wanted to destroy the economy to blame Trump - fact. Because that's exactly what they did. Maybe the vax lessoned deaths, but it didn't stop transmission. The only reason we're taking the masks off now is because COVID is burning itself out and Democrats are facing defeat in November.

This is and has been political.

Spare me the victimhood nonsense, no one but the right buys into it.

And I disagree on trying to blame this on Democratic motives as roughly 962,000 deaths are on my side of the debate. By every empirical stat we can find on infections and deaths from Covid the US epically failed in dealing with this pandemic.

The harsh truth is the economy was going well between Trump and associated Congresses until the pandemic hit, and so safeguard the numbers headed into a reelection year Trump insisted on "downplaying" Covid to his own political ends. This is documented. This became political the moment it happened under Trump's watch and that mentality cost us time we will never get back. Protectionism for Trump over protection for the people was his exclusive choice.

No one discounts, at least no one who is not a hyperpartisan, discounts the confusion and frankly irritation from mixed messages and recommendations from various agencies Trump's Administration to Biden's. Also, most rational people would agree to what Covid fatigue really is. Most of us can be fair in our criticisms of the CDC and of Fauci as well.

But we have plenty of evidence that Republicans went with a downplay mentality backed by denials, false dilemmas, and 'freedom' narratives that continued to get people killed.

To try to protect Republicans and Trump as some victim of all this is conspiracy theory bullshit, and you should know better. Not that you would ever own up to that around here.

This nation failed to take a pandemic seriously because us vs. them mentality took over, damn near from the start.

Too many people have died, and while plenty of Democrats have used this for their own political gains no Republican can call themselves "pro-life" ever again.

The masks never stopped droplets and the distance was arbitrary based on average retail space and human behaviors.

This entire pandemic has been one huge social engineering event. Democrats wanted to destroy the economy to blame Trump - fact. Because that's exactly what they did.
You only succeed in further identifying yourself as a delusional cult member by pushing idiotic, many times over, debunked lies.

A. Rare point of agreement.

You only succeed in further identifying yourself as a delusional cult member by pushing idiotic, many times over, debunked lies.

Yes, the efficiency of cloth fashion masks was debunked by Delta and Omicron, which is when the CDC reversed course and stated that we all needed N95 masks.

The only person pushing idiotic claims is you.

Spare me the victimhood nonsense, no one but the right buys into it.

And I disagree on trying to blame this on Democratic motives as roughly 962,000 deaths are on my side of the debate. By every empirical stat we can find on infections and deaths from Covid the US epically failed in dealing with this pandemic.

The harsh truth is the economy was going well between Trump and associated Congresses until the pandemic hit, and so safeguard the numbers headed into a reelection year Trump insisted on "downplaying" Covid to his own political ends. This is documented. This became political the moment it happened under Trump's watch and that mentality cost us time we will never get back. Protectionism for Trump over protection for the people was his exclusive choice.

No one discounts, at least no one who is not a hyperpartisan, discounts the confusion and frankly irritation from mixed messages and recommendations from various agencies Trump's Administration to Biden's. Also, most rational people would agree to what Covid fatigue really is. Most of us can be fair in our criticisms of the CDC and of Fauci as well.

But we have plenty of evidence that Republicans went with a downplay mentality backed by denials, false dilemmas, and 'freedom' narratives that continued to get people killed.

To try to protect Republicans and Trump as some victim of all this is conspiracy theory bullshit, and you should know better. Not that you would ever own up to that around here.

This nation failed to take a pandemic seriously because us vs. them mentality took over, damn near from the start.

Too many people have died, and while plenty of Democrats have used this for their own political gains no Republican can call themselves "pro-life" ever again.

That explains Cuomo ordering nursing homes to admit elderly patients w/COVID under threat of penalty.

It also explains his coverup of the number of people his policy killed.

Yes, the efficiency of cloth fashion masks was debunked by Delta and Omicron, which is when the CDC reversed course and stated that we all needed N95 masks.

Your original idiotic lie that you are now trying to pretend wasn’t what I responded to;
The masks never stopped droplets and the distance was arbitrary based on average retail space and human behaviors.

This entire pandemic has been one huge social engineering event. Democrats wanted to destroy the economy to blame Trump - fact. Because that's exactly what they did.
1/28/22 Centers for Disease Control;

Key Messages:​

• Masking is a critical public health tool for preventing spread of COVID-19, and it is important to remember that any mask is better than no mask.
  • To protect yourself and others from COVID-19, CDC continues to recommend that you wear the most protective mask you can that fits well and that you will wear consistently.
  • Masks and respirators are effective at reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, when worn consistently and correctly.
  • Some masks and respirators offer higher levels of protection than others, and some may be harder to tolerate or wear consistently than others. It is most important to wear a well-fitting mask or respirator correctly that is comfortable for you and that provides good protection.
  • While all masks and respirators provide some level of protection, properly fitting respirators provide the highest level of protection. Wearing a highly protective mask or respirator may be most important for certain higher risk situations, or by some people at increased risk for severe disease.
  • CDC’s mask recommendations provide information that people can use to improve how well their masks protect them. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html
Use of Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2

You stand exposed and corrected. Again.

Your original idiotic lie that you are now trying to pretend wasn’t what I responded to;

1/28/22 Centers for Disease Control;

Key Messages:​

• Masking is a critical public health tool for preventing spread of COVID-19, and it is important to remember that any mask is better than no mask.
  • To protect yourself and others from COVID-19, CDC continues to recommend that you wear the most protective mask you can that fits well and that you will wear consistently.
  • Masks and respirators are effective at reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, when worn consistently and correctly.
  • Some masks and respirators offer higher levels of protection than others, and some may be harder to tolerate or wear consistently than others. It is most important to wear a well-fitting mask or respirator correctly that is comfortable for you and that provides good protection.
  • While all masks and respirators provide some level of protection, properly fitting respirators provide the highest level of protection. Wearing a highly protective mask or respirator may be most important for certain higher risk situations, or by some people at increased risk for severe disease.
  • CDC’s mask recommendations provide information that people can use to improve how well their masks protect them. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html
Use of Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2

You stand exposed and corrected. Again.

Repeating the propaganda doesn't make it true.

Cloth fashion masks never worked. The science proved you needed N95, but there was a shortage.

Therefore, because public panic, they approved fashion cloth masks with rhinestones and silk screen prints.

I won't even bother reading any of your stupid replies on the subject.

I won't even bother reading any of your stupid replies on the subject.
Classic Trumpster response to being called out for lying and being proven irrefutably wrong.
EA7BDE88-9C78-4614-A075-B93024D83674.gif
Run away now.

Last edited:

The CDC, along with various medical organizations within Arkansas, just confirmed the efficacy of masking vs not masking in school students. Most wear cloth face diapers and not N95.

The proof is in the pudding:

We won't even bother reading your stupid replies to the science.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom