• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Foreigners Being Impeded from Leaving Ukraine

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I think that if true, this would be needlessly unfair behavior, and a violation of human rights"

And don't just hand me the usual worn out line that this is all just 'Russian bots'

I think that if true, this would be needlessly unfair behavior, and a violation of human rights"

And don't just hand me the usual worn out line that this is all just 'Russian bots'

I will wait for more than one source to believe this one.

War isn't pretty it's not hard to understand why foreigners are pushed to the back of the line

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that while your country is getting the shit bombed out of it things are not going to run smoothly.

Remember what a shit show it was getting civilians on the last plane out of Afghanistan after Biden surrendered? Same thing here.

Even coming out of Ukraine I gotta hear black grievance?

Oh geeeeeeesssssss.......

to some people more than others
They’re not Ukrainian citizens - that’s part of the problem.

If you bothered to read the thread you posted, the Nigerian embassy has posted numbers for them to call to straighten things out.

They’re not Ukrainian citizens - that’s part of the problem.

If you bothered to read the thread you posted, the Nigerian embassy has posted numbers for them to call to straighten things out.

It comes down to physically allowing people to leave a warzone. What bureaucratic need takes precedence over this?

Poland and Romania are saying they'll allow in anyone coming out of Ukraine, regardless of nationality. So what are Ukrainian border guards objecting to?

It comes down to physically allowing people to leave a warzone. What bureaucratic need takes precedence over this?

Poland and Romania are saying they'll allow in anyone coming out of Ukraine, regardless of nationality. So what are Ukrainian border guards objecting to?
I don’t know…maybe they haven’t gotten clear direction because THEIR COUNTRY IS UNDER ATTACK so they’re following prior orders/standards because that’s what they were told to do?

If this is happening then it needs to stop. In a war zone you need to move people as quickly and efficiently as possible. Telling some people to go back to the line, over and over, causes traffic jams, multiple redundant and unnecessary conversations and slows down the overall process. If they were ordered to do this then the order needs to change because (a) it’s dumb and counter-productive (b) terrible optics and (c) reflects discriminatory values that might cause supporters to second guess sending aid. I hope it stops ASAP.

Almost certainly bullshit.

Border guards provocatively kicking helpless foreigners, girl with African accent complaining of aggressive behavior:

Border guards beating foreigners and firing shots in the air, girls screaming:

48 hours and counting: Indian students at Poland border battle freezing cold with no help from any corner​

The students said that Indians were not being allowed to cross over to Poland by the authorities whereas Ukrainians were allowed. Some students also alleged that Ukrainian officials and military have now changed their attitude towards Indians as they believe that India lends its support to Russia in the conflict.

Hundreds of Indian students in Ukraine have been stranded at the Poland border for more than 48 hours amid freezing cold with “no response from the Indian embassy” to their calls and messages.

The students, who have been thronging to the Shehyni-Medyka border by foot since Friday hoping that they would be evacuated from Ukraine amidst the ongoing Russian invasion, describe the present situation at the border as “horrendous and insane” and said that Indians were not being allowed to cross over to Poland by the authorities whereas Ukrainians were allowed.

The Embassy of India in Warsaw (Poland) had earlier issued an advisory asking students who want to be evacuated to reach the Shehyni-Medyka border by foot or bus/taxi.

Spending freezing nights out in the open — in parks and on roads with temperature touching minus five degrees celsius in the night — the students are now burning trash to light bonfires and survive in the biting cold even as some have developed hypothermia.

There doesn't seem to be any reciprocal mistreatment on the other side of the world, where Ukrainian ex-pats are being accommodated and receiving sympathetic coverage:

I have a cousin who has been in Lyiv for 3 days and cannot make it out nor reach out to any embassy. He just decided to hop a train to the Hungarian border and try his luck there. From what I’ve been told through family, this has become a real problem. It’s unclear what’s going on.

Foreign students in Kharkiv:

The fat blonde lady is refusing them outright. The guy is more gentle in his tone, but is saying "These trains are only to pick up our own people"

These are foreign students attempting to flee a war zone - why distinguish between own people and others? Shouldn't everyone wanting to flee be allowed to do so?

Its not Russian bots. It has been widely reported on news in Europe, even live interviews on Sky News and Al Jazeera in English. The long ques on the border are also mostly the fault of the Ukrainian guards.

It is just one of many disturbing issues that the west has ignored about Ukraine and its government over the years... like the Azov Battalion, C14 and Right Sector...... The attacks on LGBT, and other minorities and rising far right influence in government.

I suspect their skin colour and religion, but that cant be proved per say.

I suspect that they have to make sure that none of these brown or blacked faced males and females are not Ukrainian citizens that are required by law to be conscripted (at least the males) into the Ukrainian military. I mean those fancy foreign passports could be fakes!

I have a cousin (Asian) who could not make it to Poland through border crossings near Lyiv for several days because the Ukrainian patrols were only letting local citizens through. He was however able to catch a train to the Hungarian border and very quickly was able to cross the border on Monday, so this issue seems to be a real thing in some areas but not others.

I'm happy he's out of Ukraine.

Foreign students in Kharkiv:

The fat blonde lady is refusing them outright. The guy is more gentle in his tone, but is saying "These trains are only to pick up our own people"

These are foreign students attempting to flee a war zone - why distinguish between own people and others? Shouldn't everyone wanting to flee be allowed to do so?

Of course. We all bleed the same color.

Back
Top Bottom