• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Foreign Policy Isn’t Just Up To Trump

Foreign Policy Isn’t Just Up To Trump

The president’s defenders argue that U.S. foreign policy is whatever he says it is. Trouble is, that’s not what the Constitution says.

defense-large.jpg

Contrary to the declaration of Rep. Elise Stefanik, foreign policy is not the sole preserve of a president.

Related: The Battle for the Constitution | The National Constitution Center

Actually, Congress made it illegal for any unauthorized communications with foreign governments in 1799. Only the President and the Department of State personnel are authorized, and the Department of State serves at the President's pleasure. Nancy Pelosi herself can be charged, twice, under the Logan Act for her unauthorized and treasonous visits to give Assad aid and comfort in Syria.

While the US Constitution does not give the President exclusive authority over negotiations with foreign government, Congress did over 200 years ago.

It may have been his right to lie and act like a buffoon but he does not honor the military uniform by acting like an enemy Russian soldier in the face of American policy.

Um, where do you get the idea he is lying? Were you there?

Um, where do you get the idea he is lying? Were you there?

Before the committee, under oath, he first claimed he advised Zelensky to avoid getting involved in American politics. Later, when questioned by republicans he admitted he did no such thing, the lying sack of crap.

I'm surer Jackazz Vindmann expects to be given great rewards from democrats if democrats finally succeed in bringing Trump down and installing a barbarous buffoon in his place. There was a procedure and rules for Vindmann to follow which he ignored in his vanity and eagerness to exalt himself over Trump and his own immediate bosses. When asked why Vindmann went straight to the lawyer with his analysis of the Trump phone call, Tim Morrison responded that he was puzzled by that because Vindmann knew that was Morrison's job, not his.

Don't you get it Lt Col Vindman is non-political ?

He won't expect rewards for doing his job and why wouldn't Republicans honor him just as much ?

He stood up and reported criminal behavior from from president. It didn't and doesn't matter what party he represents.

He does deserve recognition and awards tough for his bravery in coming forward and for his integrity.

Lastly you speak of "a barbarous buffoon" - that is a description none more deserved than Trump. And yes it would mean Pence is president - a creationist in the White House is still better than a mentally unbalanced criminal.

Aid is nearly always held up for days or weeks while miscellaneous issues are resolved before the money can be released...

Oh really, and you have first hand knowledge of this ?

Much needed aid is usually forth coming immediately. It is not normally held up, BY THE PRESIDENT, without a reason

Did you not learn that from the impeachment hearings? With all effort to show due respect to all the 3rd and no-hand Trump-hating democrat partisan witnesses, not a single first hand witness claimed that Trump demanded certain conditions be met before the aid was released. On top of that even the conditions democrats falsely claim Trump insisted on were not even met before the aid was released. Democrats can devote themselves to the stupidest of lies but Americans need to fire these liars and incompetent partisans from politics.

Did you watch different hearings ?

Sondland testified that aid was held up and the Ukrainians advised what they had to do to get it.

He claimed to have advised Zelenski. He didn't. He lied. But that may have been a good thing because that was not the stupid jerk's job. What a bozo.

Lt Col Vindman absolutely did NOT lie.

He wouldn't lie.

Why are you so prepared to believe Trump ? Why do you want that deranged criminal to stay as president ?

Don't you get it Lt Col Vindman is non-political ?

He is also non-ambassador and was way outside the bounds of his duties to be trying to advise Zelenski on his own. What a pompous dummass.

He won't expect rewards for doing his job and why wouldn't Republicans honor him just as much ?

He turned down a prestigious position with Ukraine no doubt because he was hoping for an even more prestigious position in the new democrat administration in the US.

He stood up and reported criminal behavior from from president. It didn't and doesn't matter what party he represents.

Herr Democrat Colonel Vindmann: 'Herr Comrade Communist Democrat Party Chief Schifft, I may have found a way to claim President Trump violated his oath of office by violating what we think are rules of proper diplomacy according to long standing Obama policies. I will sneak and leak an altered record of the phone call to you in the morning.'

Herr Comrade Communist Democrat Party Chief Schitff: 'Well done, comrade.'

He does deserve recognition and awards tough for his bravery in coming forward and for his integrity.

Herr Comrade Communist Democrat Party Chief Schifft: 'Herr Vindmann, your faithful service in the democrat service will not be forgotten.'

Herr Colonel Vindmann: 'Thank you, Master.'

Lastly you speak of "a barbarous buffoon" - that is a description none more deserved than Trump. And yes it would mean Pence is president - a creationist in the White House is still better than a mentally unbalanced criminal.

While democrats can barely tolerate a creationist as president, they cannot stand a president who has beat their stupid commie azzes down at every turn for the entire 3 year period they have been trying to take him down.

Oh really, and you have first hand knowledge of this ?
Much needed aid is usually forth coming immediately. It is not normally held up, BY THE PRESIDENT, without a reason

I don't know who told you that but you need to review Undersecretary David Hale's testimony before the impeachment committee. He testified that aid has been held up from other nations as well and that aid to Ukraine had been held up while a review was being conducted of Ukraine as part of a wide reevaluation of foreign aid to all countries.

Did you watch different hearings ?

Sondland testified that aid was held up and the Ukrainians advised what they had to do to get it.

Sondland testified he never heard Trump or Zelenski reference any supposed hold on military aid pending on the resolution of any assumed condition.

Lt Col Vindman absolutely did NOT lie.
He wouldn't lie.

Like hell he wouldn't. That pompous baboon bragged before Congress that h,e had personally advised Zelenski, which was not only way outside th bounds of his responsibilities, but which was shot all to hell also when he later admitted he had never actually talked one on one with Zelenski in any setting whatsoever.

Last edited:
But it DID happen

Trump knew about the complaint and was trying to cover it up when he released the money and made his famous "No quid pro quo" statement the Sondland.

ie: He'd already been caught.
It appears as if he did violate tje impoundment act but im no expert on that. I agree that he should be censured for that. I dont agree with the rest of the complaints being made nor do i think it rises to the level of impeachment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vindman is a citizen and has just as much a right as anyone to weigh in on the President's policies whether it bothers you are not.
Actually he is a solider and part of that is sacrificing your right to express your opinions all the time. My biggest issue with Vindman is according to his ownbtestimony he advised a foreghin government not to cooperate with this administration. Even if he disagreed with the administration it was out of line for him to do that.

Nonsense. The military aid was released according to normal procedures and on time and no conditions the democrats claim Trump demanded as a prerequisite bribe were ever met. If democrats wanted to catch Trump then they should have waited for him to commit the crime they are accusing him of supposedly wanting to commit. They have in effect done what is unacceptable in court as may be illustrated by a group of overzealous prosecutors nailing a potential murderer before the murderer ever committed the crime, and then seeking to throw the book at the potential murderer on the sole basis of their suspicions which lack any actual evidence.
They couldnt afford to wait because he wasnt going to commit any crime in the first place. If they had waited they wouldnt be able to argue that he was going to until he got caught. Thats how far of a reach they making to find something/anything to accuse him of.

It appears as if he did violate tje impoundment act but im no expert on that. I agree that he should be censured for that. I dont agree with the rest of the complaints being made nor do i think it rises to the level of impeachment.

You don't think Trump isn't a criminal and utterly unfit for the office of president ?

He is also non-ambassador and was way outside the bounds of his duties to be trying to advise Zelenski on his own. What a pompous dummass.

Who said he was on his own? Advising the Ukrainian president not to get involved in US politics is sound advice and something I would expect any US government official to saw from the humblest intern to the president....but Trump actually want Ukraine to get involved to further the interests of Trump, not the USA.

He turned down a prestigious position with Ukraine no doubt because he was hoping for an even more prestigious position in the new democrat administration in the US.

He turned it down because he didn't want it and it's incompatible with being an officer of the US army - his chosen career. And who's to say that a future Republican administration won't promote him ?
Why do you think he is a Democratic supporter anyway - what evidence has he shown you that he is ?

Herr Democrat Colonel Vindmann...

Sorry, I refuse to even read a comment that starts off as prejudicial as that

Herr Comrade Communist Democrat Party Chief Schitff...

Ditto

Herr Comrade Communist Democrat Party Chief Schifft...

Ditto

Herr Colonel Vindmann...

Ditto (and Btw you're spelling his name wrong)

While democrats can barely tolerate a creationist as president, they cannot stand a president who has beat their stupid commie azzes down...

The Democrats are "commie" ?

Why do you think anyone who opposes Trump is a German fascist or a Russian communist or both ?
Trump is the most damaging president there's ever been. He's a criminal, a pathological liar and an enemy of the USA.

He is the worst ever president and utterly unfit for any public office.

If there was a god, I would pray to him that Trump is removed as president as soon as possible.

I don't know who told you that but you need to review Undersecretary David Hale's testimony before the impeachment committee...

I just read that up to $35 million of aid still hasn't been released to the Ukraine.

Sondland testified he never heard Trump or Zelenski reference any supposed hold on military aid pending on the resolution of any assumed condition.

No he didn't

When asked if what he was doing was illegal, he said it probably was

Like hell he wouldn't. That pompous baboon bragged before Congress that h,e had personally advised Zelenski, which was not only way outside th bounds of his responsibilities, but which was shot all to hell also when he later admitted he had never actually talked one on one with Zelenski in any setting whatsoever.

You really don't like him or anyone who gives a testimony that what Trump did was criminal

Why don't you attack supporters of Trump ot Trump himself as "pompous"

I just read that up to $35 million of aid still hasn't been released to the Ukraine.

Not only that but even after the president of Ukraine fired Shokin like Biden demanded Biden still held up the aid for a different reason. Who is in charge of the aid money, the President? Like the billions of dollars Obama gave the terrorists in Iran? Or is the Vice President in charge, like Creepy Quid Pro Quo Joe Biden? Or how about Communist Colonel General Vindmann?

You don't think Trump isn't a criminal and utterly unfit for the office of president ?
I dont know if has ever been convicted of any crimes so i cant say if he is or not. I dont think he is a criminal based on the context youre using.

As far as job performance, overall im pleased with his accomplishments. I do not consider him unfit for office.

Not only that but even after the president of Ukraine fired Shokin like Biden demanded Biden still held up the aid for a different reason. Who is in charge of the aid money, the President? Like the billions of dollars Obama gave the terrorists in Iran? Or is the Vice President in charge, like Creepy Quid Pro Quo Joe Biden? Or how about Communist Colonel General Vindmann?

Biden can't hold up the aid.

Trump can and has.

Your grasp on reality is tenuous at best - now you're saying Obama funded terrorists.

Lt Col Vindman is not a communist - just testifying to Congress does not make you a communist.
Just out of interest, what is your criteria for being a communist.

The LW loves paranoid, delusional little Americans like you from the lunatic fringe of right - it makes the left's cause so much easier.

No go and watch some more Fox News.

I dont know if has ever been convicted of any crimes so i cant say if he is or not. I dont think he is a criminal based on the context youre using.

As far as job performance, overall im pleased with his accomplishments. I do not consider him unfit for office.

Tax fraud and running fraudulent schemes before he was president.

Bribery and corruption while he was not to mention activities that could be viewed as treasonous. n addition to campaign fraud.

If Trump is convicted or loses next year, he'll be arrested.

Biden can't hold up the aid.

Really? So he was bluffing when he threatened to hold up a billion dollars if the Ukrainian president did not fire the prosecutor who was breathing down Hunter's neck?

What a lying jackazz bozo.

Tax fraud and running fraudulent schemes before he was president.

Bribery and corruption while he was not to mention activities that could be viewed as treasonous. n addition to campaign fraud.

If Trump is convicted or loses next year, he'll be arrested.
You called him a criminal. For that statement to be true he would have to have a criminal record. Im not aware of him having one. Do you have a link to it?

Really? So he was bluffing when he threatened to hold up a billion dollars if the Ukrainian president did not fire the prosecutor who was breathing down Hunter's neck?

What a lying jackazz bozo.

Who said he did and when ?

You called him a criminal. For that statement to be true he would have to have a criminal record. Im not aware of him having one. Do you have a link to it?

Yes and he is - and a compulsive liar and braggart.

He does have a criminal record, he just hasn't been arrested or tried for his crimes yet.

Look up Trump and fraud on Google.

Back
Top Bottom