• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Foreign Influence? Half of 2019 ActBlue Donations from Unemployed

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Exclusive: Data shows that half of 2019 donations to ActBlue came from untraceable 'unemployed' donors | Fox News

A Take Back Action Fund analysis of $400M in donations to liberal causes raises red flags of possible foreign involvement​

Less than two months ahead of the presidential election – with concerns of foreign interference again at the forefront – a conservative political group is raising "serious concerns" about millions of donations reported by a major Democratic fundraising platform.

A preliminary computer analysis by the Take Back Action Fund, obtained exclusively by Fox News, has found that nearly half of all 2019 donations to ActBlue were made by people claiming to be unemployed.

Action Fund President John Pudner questioned the veracity of those donations and called it a loophole that must be closed for the sake of election integrity.

"After downloading hundreds of millions of [dollars in] donations to the Take Back Action Fund servers, we were shocked to see that almost half of the donations to ActBlue in 2019 claimed to be unemployed individuals," he said. "The name of employers must be disclosed when making political donations, but more than 4.7 million donations came from people who claimed they did not have an employer. Those 4.7 million donations totaled $346 million ActBlue raised and sent to liberal causes."

Democrats pledged not to take SuperPac money. Then they did.

Democrats pledged to get corporate money out of politics. Then they didn't.

Democrats pledged to get rid of Dark Money. Now they funnel it through ActBlue pretending to be "unemployed" folks. :lamo

I know if I were out of work, the first place my little bit of funds would go to is...ahem, ActBlue.

GOPutins are the party of dark money.
This current Senate would not have convicted Nixon.

Bill Barr worked in Nixon's CIA and opposed the USSC's 8-0 ruling on the Watergate tapes.
Barr is just as dangerous as Trump, with McConnell right behind them.

Exclusive: Data shows that half of 2019 donations to ActBlue came from untraceable 'unemployed' donors | Fox News

Democrats pledged to get rid of Dark Money. Now they funnel it through ActBlue pretending to be "unemployed" folks. :lamo

I know if I were out of work, the first place my little bit of funds would go to is...ahem, ActBlue.

Not necessarily foreign money. I'm retired, so when the question came up on my donation, I clicked unemployed.

"It's all Trump's fault!"

Elizabeth Warren on why she took Super Pac money after pledging not to; "Well, everyone else is dong it!".

Such conviction:roll:

Campaign finance reform.

Proportional representation.

Destroy both parties.

There's a solution here.

Continuing on the Republican-Democrat hamster wheel gets you nowhere.

Campaign finance reform.

Destroy both parties.

There's a solution here.

I agree with you! Quit voting for them.

Not necessarily foreign money. I'm retired, so when the question came up on my donation, I clicked unemployed.

So do stay-at-home Moms (and yes, Dads).

Campaign finance reform.

Destroy both parties.

There's a solution here.

Nothing necessarily wrong with the Republican-Democrat wheel/parties, except for the people that try to make it A. a career, and B. change the rules to make it a career.

Sorry, there should be no CAREER politicians aka Biden, McConnel, Pelosi, Schumer, etc anyone that has served more than 2 terms in the Senate, or 3 terms in the House, should be ineligble to run again, that's giving Senators 12 years, and Reps 6 years to **** or get off the pot....

Make their healthcare like everyone else, their retirement like everyone else......only then will you actually see them helping actual people.

Nothing necessarily wrong with the Republican-Democrat wheel/parties, except for the people that try to make it A. a career, and B. change the rules to make it a career.

Sorry, there should be no CAREER politicians aka Biden, McConnel, Pelosi, Schumer, etc anyone that has served more than 2 terms in the Senate, or 3 terms in the House, should be ineligble to run again, that's giving Senators 12 years, and Reps 6 years to **** or get off the pot....

Make their healthcare like everyone else, their retirement like everyone else......only then will you actually see them helping actual people.

I get the thing about career politicians, I totally get that sentiment.

But term limits won’t solve anything unless you address the underlying issue of campaign finance.

That is the game in my view because if you institute term limits without addressing campaign finance as it stands today then all that will happen is that corporations and wealthy individuals will be able to influence things even more, by creating candidate factories who’s sole purpose is to go out there and get their bidding done in return for a board seat, golden parachute, that sort of thing later.

That’s the way I see it.

Campaign finance is EVERYTHING.

i'd start a projection thread drinking game, but we'd all be dead by noon.

I get the thing about career politicians, I totally get that sentiment.

But term limits won’t solve anything unless you address the underlying issue of campaign finance.

That is the game in my view because if you institute term limits without addressing campaign finance as it stands today then all that will happen is that corporations and wealthy individuals will be able to influence things even more, by creating candidate factories who’s sole purpose is to go out there and get their bidding done in return for a board seat, golden parachute, that sort of thing later.

That’s the way I see it.

Campaign finance is EVERYTHING.

True, I think it's gotta be jointly reformed?

I mean, in all honesty, if a person wants to run for office and ACTUALLY SERVE and try to make this a better nation, it shouldn't cost them......but they also shouldn't be beholden to anyone either, not sure what the answer is, but in this day and age of social media, and fake news, and distrust of the media.......maybe ban attack ads, every ad done must be about policy not party, policy not personality. Maybe then you will get actual ideas flowing....I'd almost go to the point where, political advertisements, for campaigns be free.....but again, not too much on the specifics as I am on just changing the way it's done now.

Back
Top Bottom