• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ford, GM among Michigan companies opposing Republican-backed voting limits (4/13/21)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The top executives of more than three dozen Michigan-based companies, including General Motors Co (GM.N) and Ford Motor Co (F.N), on Tuesday issued a joint statement opposing Republican-backed legislation to restrict voting. [paywall]
======================================================

This is encouraging. It goes beyond issuing statements: these corporations give to both parties, giving them tremendous influence & leverage.

The top executives of more than three dozen Michigan-based companies, including General Motors Co (GM.N) and Ford Motor Co (F.N), on Tuesday issued a joint statement opposing Republican-backed legislation to restrict voting. [paywall]

This is encouraging. It goes beyond issuing statements: these corporations give to both parties, giving them tremendous influence & leverage.
shrug...

What are they going to do? Move out of the country?

Ford and Chevy? Some of the worst vehicles ever made.

They build Fords in Atlanta.

I was going to get a Tundra but maybe I'll get a GMC Denali now.

i'm glad to hear that more companies are opposing the voter suppression efforts of Republicans.

There needs to be a concerted boycott of any company complicit in Democrat cheating/election stealing. Nothing will do except in-person voting with photo ID. They can do at the ABC and check-cashing stores. stores. They can do it for voting.

Last edited:

Bad link
1618400257455.png

"Please don't burn down our dealerships, left-wingers"

No one makes a better pick-up than Ford. Fail less.
Toyota makes the Tundra that is common to get 1,000,000,000 miles. FORD: Fix Or Repair Daily. That's about right.

The conservative group Citizens United, in a case which was eventually adjudicated by the Supreme Court, was instrumental in expanding the role of companies and corporations in politics. The net result was to grant a degree of political 'personhood' to the businesses and at the same time equate money with speech. The businesses, now emboldened with their new-found freedom, are seeking more.

Interestingly, to my knowledge not a single business has sought the right to vote in elections. I suspect that's because they deem the function of casting a single vote is not worth the bother in bang for the buck.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

The conservative group Citizens United, in a case which was eventually adjudicated by the Supreme Court, was instrumental in expanding the role of companies and corporations in politics. The net result was to grant a degree of political 'personhood' to the businesses and at the same time equate money with speech. The businesses, now emboldened with their new-found freedom, are seeking more.

Interestingly, to my knowledge not a single business has sought the right to vote in elections. I suspect that's because they deem the function of casting a single vote is not worth the bother in bang for the buck.

I believe the 14thA was distorted by lawyers in order to designate corporations as people. Between the 2A & the 14thA, they bear little resemblance today to what was originally intended.

Great, yet another industry already in the political crosshairs for a multitude of reasons so lets double down and add another reason.

This is why we cannot have nice things.

I believe the 14thA was distorted by lawyers in order to designate corporations as people. Between the 2A & the 14thA, they bear little resemblance today to what was originally intended.

Hi!

The original intentions of the elitists who drafted the Constitution of the United States of America have been superseded in many areas by subsequent amendments and a vast body of case law. In this way, the document has remained useful as the society it serves has evolved.

Back
Top Bottom