• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ford boycott threat over gay ads

Thank you Jallman. I couldn't have said it better myself (or did I?). Anyhow, I agree. Thanks for reaffirming my words.

Stinger said:
I've already post the cites concerning the boycotting of the sponsor's of Dr. Laura's show.

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]The war over Dr. Laura[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]A gay activist boycott of the conservative radio host backfires when the religious right jumps in.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2000/06/20/schlessinger/

That's just one and it's Salon, NOT a conservative site.

[/FONT]

And as far as you childish little personal attack................stick it where the sun don't shine. If you can't discuss this in a civil manner then don't.

But all the side issues and attempts to change the issue are specious. The point remains according to some here the Gay groups have a right to expresst their opinions but not the Christian groups.

HAHAHAHA! Aww, how cute, you just proved me right.

The article says "A gay activist boycott of the conservative radio host...", but it says of the host herself, not any of the products being advertised. I can't find any mention of them encouraging a boycott against the advertisers themselves. In fact, it was the Christian right who boycotted the products which withdrew advertising:

Dobson then launched a broadside attack against Procter & Gamble for pulling its support from Dr. Laura's shows, and urged listeners to call P&G to vent their outrage. "I wish they'd tell the soap maker they're not going to buy their products."

Quoted from your own source. How does it feel to have egg on your face, hon? :lol:

Stinger said:
ROFl so minorities have a right to protest and boycott to express thier opinions but not majority. Amazing the stretch your side will take.

It's not that one side has a right and the other doesn't. It's that the REALITY is that a minority will gain sympathy while a majority will not. That's just the way things are. I didn't make it that way and you'll never change it, so just learn to deal with it. I just thought you should try and comprehend that this is a larger issue than just gays and christians. It's PR law.

Back
Top Bottom