• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Forced Tolerance?

How many of you have seen a strand of DNA? Lets keep the argument relevant.

As most know from basic sex ed., it is normal for people to feel "gay" feelings while going through the awkward stage of puberty. Aaahhh, the confusion, overwhelming hormones!

The choice stems from where you go (gay or straight) after there. This choice is most likely influenced by environment.

Also, I would be teaching my children that homosexuality is a choice (this isn't hate is it?). I would teach them that this choice is wrong, because that is what I believe. I am not teaching them to hate those who make the choice.

HTColeman said:
How many of you have seen a strand of DNA? Lets keep the argument relevant.
knol-dna.jpg
There, now we all have.

HTColeman said:
As most know from basic sex ed., it is normal for people to feel "gay" feelings while going through the awkward stage of puberty. Aaahhh, the confusion, overwhelming hormones!
Hmm, that's the first time I've EVER heard that.

HTColeman said:
The choice stems from where you go (gay or straight) after there. This choice is most likely influenced by environment.

Also, I would be teaching my children that homosexuality is a choice (this isn't hate is it?). I would teach them that this choice is wrong, because that is what I believe. I am not teaching them to hate those who make the choice.
Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

The reason why homosexuals desperately are in unison trying to convince you that homosexuality is not a choice is becuse they are following a scripted marketing agenda crafted by two homosexual marketers Marshal Kirk and Madsen.

Authors Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen combined psychiatric and public relations expertise in devising their strategy. Kirk, a researcher in neuropsychiatry, and Madsen, a public relations consultant, argued that homosexuals must change their presentation to the heterosexual community if real success was to be made.

Here is what they strategized homosexuals should claim:

[2] PORTRAY GAYS AS VICTIMS, NOT AS AGGRESSIVE CHALLENGERS.

In any campaign to win over the public, gays must be cast as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by reflex to assume the role of protector. If gays are presented, instead, as a strong and prideful tribe promoting a rigidly nonconformist and deviant lifestyle, they are more likely to be seen as a public menace that justifies resistance and oppression. For that reason, we must forego the temptation to strut our "gay pride" publicly when it conflicts with the Gay Victim image. And we must walk the fine line between impressing straights with our great numbers, on the one hand, and sparking their hostile paranoia-"They are all around us!"--on the other.

Now, there are two different messages about the Gay Victim that are worth communicating. First, the mainstream should be told that gays are victims of fate, in the sense that most never had a choice to accept or reject their sexual preference. The message must read: "As far as gays can tell, they were born gay, just as you were born heterosexual or white or black or bright or athletic. Nobody ever tricked or seduced them; they never made a choice, and are not morally blameworthy. What they do isn't willfully contrary - it's only natural for them. This twist of fate could as easily have happened to you!"

Now this technique is patterned after the "Big Lie Technique" as espoused in Hitlers Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto.

Tellingly enough, the authors admitted they were trying to deceive the public en masse with their false "born that way" psychobabble, just like used here by admitted homosexual moderator Shuamort.

What about the origin of sexual orientation? The success of the homosexual movement can be largely traced to the very idea of "orientation" itself. More precisely, homosexuals advanced their cause by arguing that they were born that way. Madsen and Kirk offer this as candid public relations advice:
"We argue that, for all practical purposes, gays should be considered to have been born gay--even though sexual orientation, for most humans, seems to be the product of a complex interaction between innate predispositions and environmental factors during childhood and early adolescence." Alas, "To suggest in public that homosexuality might be chosen is to open the can of worms labeled 'moral choices and sin' and give the religious intransigents a stick to beat us with. Straights must be taught that it is as natural for some persons to be homosexual as it is for others to be heterosexual: wickedness and seduction have nothing to do with it."

Last edited:
CanadianGuy said:
Wow thats liberal! The definitian of marriage is: "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife."

A man and a woman if you didn't read it right! This is why it angers people. In a religious way of saying that it is: in the eyes of god a man and a woman joining together in holy matriomony.

But is it right to hate people for who they are? It is wrong morally and ethically! And your kindrgarten statement is horrible it does not help your point that is saying that people who assault people shouldn't go to jail!

Did anyone read my statement because it completely explains why gay marriage should not be legal

Following Kirk and Madsens blueprint, here is how GLSTEN planned on indoctrinating your impressionable little kids:

Gay, Lesbian and Straight Educational Network (GLSEN), their director of communications said this: "If we do our jobs right, we will raise a whole generation of children who will reject the claims of the religious right."

A representative from the National Education Association added: "The fear of the religious right is that the schools of today will be the governments of tomorrow. And you know, they're right."

GLSEN, working with lesbian activists and filmmakers Helen Cohen and Diana Chasnoff, has created a video titled "It's Elementary" for schoolteachers and administrators. The video openly promotes homosexual behavior and not only ridicules Christianity, but also accuses Christians of persecuting homosexuals.

Featured in the video are many real scenes from elementary school classrooms. In one such scene, a fifth-grader who has been thoroughly indoctrinated states: "Some Christians believe that if you're gay you go to hell, so they want to torture them and stuff." In another scene, a fourth-grade girl is asked to read to her classmates an essay about her lesbian parents. When she gets to the section about people who have biblical objections to homosexual behavior, she says: "Some people believe in a version of the Bible that says what my mommies do is wrong. I think that is just stupid." The teacher goes on to explain that the essay won an award.

I don't think anyone is talking about gay marriage, and for that matter we shouldn't be talking about whether homosexuality is a choice or not, we are talking about tolerance.

BTW, I don't mean to burn bridges but, if no one replies to your message, they probably don't care.

I just read one of shuamort's messages, and he (or she, I don't know) is right, argueing about whether it is a choice or not is pointless, there is no real hard proof on either side, we are all pretty much set in that aspect, and our reasons for why we believe whether homosexuality is a choice or not are on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. I.E. my reason is my religion, and nobody in this thread can prove to me that my religion is wrong, you just cant.

So, I guess I'm done because this argument is now pointless.

If it were pointless from homosexual extremists to argue that engaging in homosexual behavior is genetic, then they wouldn't have needed to create a scam script I posted that they follow advocating such.

Quit whining, you have know idea what you're talking about.

Apparently I do, which is why you couldn't reply substantively.

CanadianGuy said:
Did anyone read my statement because it completely explains why gay marriage should not be legal

It shouldn't be legal because of phrasing? Wow. Compelling argument there.

Back
Top Bottom