• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forced Organ Donation

MrWonka

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Now that Roe V Wade is gone, it would seem that human beings don't have control over their own bodies if the usage of their body could potentially save a life.
So why do you have to sign up to be an organ donor at this point? Should we just harvest all viable organs from all dead people regardless of whether they have chosen them?
I mean if you're dead you're clearly not using them, and it would be infinitely less painful than enduring a pregnancy.
So why are we letting innocent people die just because they need a new heart or a kidney when we could easily just take one from someone who is already dead?

Now that Roe V Wade is gone, it would seem that human beings don't have control over their own bodies if the usage of their body could potentially save a life.
So why do you have to sign up to be an organ donor at this point? Should we just harvest all viable organs from all dead people regardless of whether they have chosen them?
I mean if you're dead you're clearly not using them, and it would be infinitely less painful than enduring a pregnancy.
So why are we letting innocent people die just because they need a new heart or a kidney when we could easily just take one from someone who is already dead?

People can live with one kidney. Are the living potential donors really safe?

Your first mistake was assuming that conservatives are bound by the principle of consistency. They are not. Their ideology is power, and when power is the ideology, they can make up the rules as they go and apply them selectively, as they see fit. This is what we have to look forward to.

download.jpg

With respect:

Maybe the Purityrannical pregnancy prisons will harvest and sell the tissue and organs of women and girls who die when the babies are harvested.

Last edited:

!Good call!

I wonder how many people see the entire significance of not having rights over one's own body. Great futuristic sci fi film material where the government can take any part that is "necessary for the security of the homeland".

What about miscarriages and pre-abortion procedures?

What about birth defects? Is the state going to compensate the raising of a person with no arms or legs? Certainly NOT a Republican government.

The ruling is the natural consequence of men, males, in power and seclusion who have no ****ing idea what it's like to live off welfare.

Maybe that should be a requirement to a judicial appointment. Stay a live for one year with no income and no home. If they still want to judge others I suspect some entrenched attitudes held over since the Liberty Bell cracked might change

Why can't living people sale their bodily organs on the market and make a lot. You liberals claim we have control over our own bodies. Why isn't prostitution legal everywhere?

Why can't living people sale their bodily organs on the market and make a lot. You liberals claim we have control over our own bodies.
The same reason that For-Profit prisons should not exist. It's called a Nash Equilibrium. Do yourself a favor and learn about it.

Why isn't prostitution legal everywhere?
It should be. Liberals are not the ones against that.

I am in favor of donation being the default.

It'd be interesting to see what this conservative block on the SC would do if McFall v Shimp were revisited, but I hope it'll be safe from them.

Irrelevant. Sex isn't a contributing factor. They don't care

Why can't living people sale their bodily organs on the market and make a lot. You liberals claim we have control over our own bodies. Why isn't prostitution legal everywhere?
Maybe because organ harvesting, preservation, transport, and implantation needs to be well coordinated in advance and done in a timely manner to preserve the viability of the organ. Never mind all the immunological assays and blood work needed to determine compatability.
And prostitution should be legal everywhere. There's no logical reason to make it illegal?

Not just the default, forced against your will whether you approve of it or not.
I am not sure we need to. We may be able to meet the need for transplants based on increases we get when the default position changes. I see no reason to force something, just to force something.

Now that Roe V Wade is gone, it would seem that human beings don't have control over their own bodies
No it means the states regulate abortion. Your premise is flawed and there is no sense in even acknowledging anything else after this.

We already lost body autonomy with covid vaccines. People had their entire lives ruined for not making an experimental medical choice. They lost their jobs, access to their dying loved ones, even lost custody of children in some cases.

The system does not respect body autonomy and it's only going to get worse. They won't rest until biodigital convergence is complete and they control free will.

We already lost body autonomy with covid vaccines. People had their entire lives ruined for not making an experimental medical choice. They lost their jobs, access to their dying loved ones, even lost custody of children in some cases.

The system does not respect body autonomy and it's only going to get worse. They won't rest until biodigital convergence is complete and they control free will.
Who was forced to get a covid vaccine?

I am strongly against forced organ donation. I am a registered donor but if they ever make it opt-out, I will opt out faster than tRump scarfs down a Big Mac.

I was just reading an article of this woman who signed over her body to science, and they sold her corpse whe she died to the US military, they straped it to a chair and put TNT underneath and blew her up.

With that in mind it would be preferable to know what your getting into beforehand

Back
Top Bottom