• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Forced Abortion HAPPENS!

Felicity

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
SHARON OSBOURNE was still so angry with her mother for pressuring her into an abortion, she refused to attend her funeral.

Osbourne - the wife of rocker OZZY - became pregnant when she was 17 but her mother HOPE ARDON convinced her to undergo a termination.

Following the abortion the rock manager-turned talent show judge suffered complications which led to three miscarriages, and she still blames her mother - who died in 1998.

She says, "I didn't get on with my mother. I didn't want to see her alive so why would I want to see her buried?"

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xml...ourne boycotted mothers funeral over abortion

What's your point, that we should outlaw abortion because it's possible that someone, somewhere, might be forced into having one?

The same could be said about any activity you could think of.

Kandahar said:
What's your point, that we should outlaw abortion because it's possible that someone, somewhere, might be forced into having one?

The same could be said about any activity you could think of.

My point is.....

....interesting fodder...;)

Felicity said:
SHARON OSBOURNE was still so angry with her mother for pressuring her into an abortion, she refused to attend her funeral.
Another example of anti-choice people trying to control women's bodies, yes. Of course Ms. Osborne should be angry with her mom, just as much as if her mom had tried to prevent her from obtaining an abortions. Anti-choicers desire to control women is disgusting.

That's terrible. The whole point of being pro-choice is to be pro-choice. It's unethical to force a woman either way.

From the article: she "became pregnant when she was 17 but her mother HOPE ARDON convinced her to undergo a termination."

"Convincing" someone is a long way from "forcing" someone.

And her mother died in 1998 -- I'm not sure how Ms. Ozborne not attending her mother's funeral consitutes "news" today.

I doubt it is legal to force someone, even your own minor daughter, to have an abortion, but I'm not sure about this. Does anybody know?

Last edited:
Iriemon said:
From the article: she "became pregnant when she was 17 but her mother HOPE ARDON convinced her to undergo a termination."

"Convincing" someone is a long way from "forcing" someone.

And her mother died in 1998 -- I'm not sure how Ms. Ozborne not attending her mother's funeral consitutes "news" today.

I doubt it is legal to force someone, even your own minor daughter, to have an abortion, but I'm not sure about this. Does anybody know?

So when an uncle rapes his neice...he's not "forcing her" if she spreads her legs and doesn't scream?

Back
Top Bottom