• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Veterans and Military personnel only.[W:651]

For Veterans and Military personnel only.

• Total voters
Re: For Veterans and Military personnel only.

Who will you vote for in the 2012 presidential elections?

Obama or Romney?

You hold out both hands palms up and someone places turd A in one hand and turd B in the other hand and then asks you which one you like the most. Apparently you, NP, would seriously consider both turds and then pick one over the other. Brilliant!

Obama, just as I did last time. Active duty 1969-1972. Vietnam August 1971 - September 1972.

Last edited:

Bigger margin than I thought there would be voting for Obama among the forum veterans.

Bigger margin than I thought there would be voting for Obama among the forum veterans.

Still, likely not representative of the military on the whole.

Still, likely not representative of the military on the whole.

Possibly, still the majority of post 9/11 vets did not think the Iraq war was worth it, and Obama ended the Iraq war when Romney thought we should stay, Obama helped get Veteran's benefits increased, and he ended the the stop loss policy which was sending troops on repeated tours, some as many as seven with little time between.

Lots of non vets voting in the poll....take them out and the count is pretty close....

Lots of non vets voting in the poll....take them out and the count is pretty close....

Who are the non vets?

I scare myself even considering voting for Obama.

But Romney scares me even more with his attitude that we are going to have to "take care" of Iran.

Im not saying Obama wouldn't put us in that position...... I'm saying Romney seems to be talking about it proudly, almost like he has been trying to pick a fight.

PLUS: I just wanted to troll your poll.

Last edited:

I was also a little skeptical at the number of "military" who selected Obama in the poll_

No offense guys, but most liberals are simply too wussified to serve in the military_

Can you imagine a liberal stationed in a country with no Starbucks, much less in a combat zone_

This liberal has done more to serve their country than you will ever do. You just made one of the most retarded posts in the history of DP. Good job.

Let me tell you something my left wing friend and I want you to concentrate like a laser beam..........I did not agree with the Bush spending but it pales to the spendind of Hussein Obama who has spent more then all the other presidents combined.......One more thing My vote for GWB was more a vote against 2 of the biggest incompetents ever to run for prez. One Kerry a traitor to this country.............I hope that explains it to y ou.....

You just called Ikari left wing. That is painfully silly. Ikari is 100 times more conservative than you will ever be.

Last edited:

By my count it is at least 10 to 4. Not sure how that qualifies as close. Maybe in the bizzaro world where Ikari is a liberal the word close means something different.

Hou just called Ikari left wing. That is painfully silly. Ikari is 100 times more conservative than you will ever be.

I find it extremely ironic that some so called conservatives consider spending as much as the rest of the world combined on the military, a conservative position.

I find it extremely ironic that some so called conservatives consider spending as much as the rest of the world combined on the military, a conservative position.

I am a liberal. I support a strong military. NPs head just exploded.

I read some voter purge going on in Florida depriving veterans the right to vote.

Bill Internicola is a 91-year-old, Brooklyn-born, World War II veteran. He fought in the Battle of the Buldge and received the Bronze Star for bravery. He’s voted in Florida for 14 years and never had a problem.

Three weeks ago, Bill received a letter from Broward County Florida stating “[Y]ou are not a U.S. Citizen” and therefore, ineligible to vote. He was given the option of requesting “a hearing with the Supervisor of Elections, for the purpose of providing proof that you are a United States citizens” or forfeit his right to vote.

This decorated World War II veteran is just one of hundreds of fully eligible U.S. citizens being targeted by Governor Scott’s massive voter purge just prior to this year’s election, according to data obtained from Florida election officials by ThinkProgress. The purge list, according to an analysis by the Miami Herald, targets mostly Democrats and Hispanics.

Meet Bill: The 91-Year-Old Decorated WWII Veteran Targeted By Florida Governor Rick Scott

I can sort of imagine NP sitting there, consumed in the idea that pot shots at Obama on the internet actually matter, thinking to himself, "Hmm, what can I post to beat on Obama, that I can actually win? I know! A vote aimed at military personnel!"

...And the roaring "GODDAMNIT!" when the votes started rolling in. :lol:

Between Romney and Obama I would vote for Obama. I may still elect to vote Green Party, though, depending on how their primary turns out.

Chief Warrant Officer Three, U.S. Army, 1997 – Present.

Can't take the reality of the matter, can you NP? Reality is that your belief that vets would NOT vote for Obama is completely false. Come on, NP... stop living with your head in the sand.

Can't take the reality of the matter, can you NP? Reality is that your belief that vets would NOT vote for Obama is completely false. Come on, NP... stop living with your head in the sand.

In all fairness to NP, recent polls have shown romny has a huge lead over Obama in the veteran vote overall.

Obama
HM8404 1985-1989

These must be his view of Obama supporters
hippie.jpg
CodePINK.jpg

I believe this is what you psychologists call "cognitive dissonance." Sounds like Navy is having a little bit of trouble adjusting to reality lol.

sand?
Idaho is a right to work state, union and non-union work in close proximity...
I once showed an article that smeared unions to a fellow at work, suggested he read it. He came back and said he agrees, then I had him re-read the part he likes. He missed a negative, got it wrong.
Took a while, but I convinced him that his union was screwing him over by paying him the same as others who either could not or would not do the hard work, the mentally challenging work. He bid a job on the non-union side the next month, and got it, and got a raise out of it.
when a person is excessively biased, he sees and hears ONLY what supports his pre-existing opinions...and this describes people like NP.

Back
Top Bottom