• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Trump's New Supporters

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is a post directed towards individuals, and particularly individuals formerly with the #NeverTrump movement, that started off by criticizing Trump and his supporters, but have now migrated to a support, albeit grudging, for Trump.

I am curious whether you realize that one of the primary reasons that you support the man is because of Trump's core group of irrational supporters that supported him long enough for the 16 other candidates to slowly drop out of the race, thereby leaving him as the lone Republican choice.

Seriously, the man joked that he could kill someone in public and his supporters would still support him. Do you place yourself in that camp? No? Well, that means you are supporting someone almost specifically because he DID/DOES have those sorts of supporters and thus, lasted long enough to become the only nominee remaining.

The man has promised to build a wall while making Mexico pay for it, to ban muslims, and to put a 45% tariff on any business that moves overseas. Do you take him completely at his word? No? Well, that means you are supporting someone almost solely because he DID/DOES have supporters that believe those irrational promises and thus, supported him long enough to become the only nominee.

The man denigrated POWs, made fun of a disabled journalist, implied that a journalist asked a tough question because she was on her period, and called Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. Do you support that type of rhetoric? No? Well, that means you are supporting someone almost entirely because he DID/DOES have supporters that support that type of rhetoric and thus, supported him long enough to become the only nominee.

Now, of course - people will rationalize their decisions and sometimes for very rational justifications - a deep hatred for Hillary or particular policies that Democrats support, but I am just curious to hear from these individuals on their thought process to reach their current level of support for Trump.

This is a post directed towards individuals, and particularly individuals formerly with the #NeverTrump movement, that started off by criticizing Trump and his supporters, but have now migrated to a support, albeit grudging, for Trump.

I am curious whether you realize that one of the primary reasons that you support the man is because of Trump's core group of irrational supporters that supported him long enough for the 16 other candidates to slowly drop out of the race, thereby leaving him as the lone Republican choice.

Seriously, the man joked that he could kill someone in public and his supporters would still support him. Do you place yourself in that camp? No? Well, that means you are supporting someone almost specifically because he DID/DOES have those sorts of supporters and thus, lasted long enough to become the only nominee remaining.

The man has promised to build a wall while making Mexico pay for it, to ban muslims, and to put a 45% tariff on any business that moves overseas. Do you take him completely at his word? No? Well, that means you are supporting someone almost solely because he DID/DOES have supporters that believe those irrational promises and thus, supported him long enough to become the only nominee.

The man denigrated POWs, made fun of a disabled journalist, implied that a journalist asked a tough question because she was on her period, and called Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. Do you support that type of rhetoric? No? Well, that means you are supporting someone almost entirely because he DID/DOES have supporters that support that type of rhetoric and thus, supported him long enough to become the only nominee.

Now, of course - people will rationalize their decisions and sometimes for very rational justifications - a deep hatred for Hillary or particular policies that Democrats support, but I am just curious to hear from these individuals on their thought process to reach their current level of support for Trump.

I'd be interested to hear if any of them can articulate a case for Trump that doesn't reference Hillary, or the Democrat Party in general.

I predict answers will amount to: Hillary is worse and a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Hillary.

Let me help you understand the Trump supporter at least in part. Trump is NOT supported because he can fix things, he is supported for one primary reason, that is he is the big bulbous hairy middle finger to the ruling class, the pc crowd and the SJW's. He is the exemplary example of the FU vote. He is their bull they set loose to destroy the china shop. They don't want to fix things they want to break the system they see as oppressing them, that's what Trump is supposed to do. So far he has succeeded.

Side note, I am on the fence still, I may vote for him or I may abstain. I don't quite know yet. If I do vote I will doing so as a FU vote.

Let me help you understand the Trump supporter at least in part. Trump is NOT supported because he can fix things, he is supported for one primary reason, that is he is the big bulbous hairy middle finger to the ruling class, the pc crowd and the SJW's. He is the exemplary example of the FU vote. He is their bull they set loose to destroy the china shop. They don't want to fix things they want to break the system they see as oppressing them, that's what Trump is supposed to do. So far he has succeeded.

Side note, I am on the fence still, I may vote for him or I may abstain. I don't quite know yet. If I do vote I will doing so as a FU vote.

He's not talking about who support Trump but those claimed they would never vote for Trump during the primary and are now supporting him. People like Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio

I know that many of his supporters are choosing to accept all of his negatives solely because they see a value out of kicking the ant hill to see what gets made in the aftermath. They are willing to take the risk that the whole thing just collapses and ruins it for everyone else.

But as Crovax points out below, I am much more interested in talking to the people who criticized him early on, but have now migrated to grudging level of support for the man.

He's not talking about who support Trump but those claimed they would never vote for Trump during the primary and are now supporting him. People like Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio

I supported Cruz and Carson. Trump if I do vote for him would be my FU vote.

I know that many of his supporters are choosing to accept all of his negatives solely because they see a value out of kicking the ant hill to see what gets made in the aftermath. They are willing to take the risk that the whole thing just collapses and ruins it for everyone else.

But as Crovax points out below, I am much more interested in talking to the people who criticized him early on, but have now migrated to grudging level of support for the man.

I doubt they'll voice their opinions here to be endlessly picked at by the butthurt.

I'd be interested to hear if any of them can articulate a case for Trump that doesn't reference Hillary, or the Democrat Party in general.

Absolutely not. The primary reasoning, or justification would be that although Trump is a cad, Hillary would be SO MUCH WORSE than that. I hate Trump's manner and rhetoric with the fire of 1,000,000 suns....but if it comes down to who picks the next USSC justices? An raging asshole with limited political ties or raging asshole, dyed-in-the-wool leftist?

Well.....

I supported Cruz and Carson. Trump if I do vote for him would be my FU vote.

So why was Carson fit to be president and Trump not? Seems like your vote was always an FU vote

Absolutely not. The primary reasoning, or justification would be that although Trump is a cad, Hillary would be SO MUCH WORSE than that. I hate Trump's manner and rhetoric with the fire of 1,000,000 suns....but if it comes down to who picks the next USSC justices? An raging asshole with limited political ties or raging asshole, dyed-in-the-wool leftist?

Well.....

Maybe you should look at where Trump says that his far left sister would be a good SCOTUS justice or the many times Trump has talked about judges and realize that he has no clue what thier function is in govt. It's much more likely that Hillary makes a mistake like GHWB did with Souter.

Last edited:
Maybe you should look at where Trump says that his far left sister would be a good SCOTUS justice or the many times Trump has talked about judges and realize that he has no clue what thier function is in go to. It's much more likely that Hillary makes a mistake like GWB did with Souter.

Even with all that....even in his most leftist dreams....anyone nominated by Trump would be to the Right of a Hillary nominee. Do you doubt that?

Sorry, but nobody has to justify anything to people who are low enough to support Hillary Clinton. I'm just saying, if you want to know how people can stoop so low ask the guy in your shaving mirror.

Even with all that....even in his most leftist dreams....anyone nominated by Trump would be to the Right of a Hillary nominee. Do you doubt that?

Yes, absolutely. Trump has proven that his has no ideology whatsoever, there is no gaurentee of anything that he will do.

I doubt they'll voice their opinions here to be endlessly picked at by the butthurt.

Well they are in an uneviable and undefensible position.

Just like Paul Ryan.

Sorry, but nobody has to justify anything to people who are low enough to support Hillary Clinton. I'm just saying, if you want to know how people can stoop so low ask the guy in your shaving mirror.

With all due respect, I can come up with a dozen legitimate reasons to support Hillary beyond the simple fact that she is not Trump. So I still am going to ask why anyone can be low enough and still reasonably justify their support for Trump.

If you don't want to contribute anything towards that discussion, go to another thread.

So why was Carson fit to be president and Trump not? Seems like your vote was always an FU vote

You seem to imply that Carson and Trump are alike. Carson is a technician not a politician. He doesn't limit himself to choices A, B and C. That's why I liked him. I thought he was level headed and would have made an excellent and more importantly boring president. He also had policy positions I agreed with for the most part. In many ways he is Trumps negative. However he lost and my second choice lost, therefor I have the choice to vote for Trump or not or vote 3rd party. I don't expect to vote third party even though Gary Johnson has a lot going for him. So I am waiting to decide if I vote for president. I am deciding to say FU to the rest of America. I am leaning toward it.

With all due respect, I can come up with a dozen legitimate reasons to support Hillary beyond the simple fact that she is not Trump. So I still am going to ask why anyone can be low enough and still reasonably justify their support for Trump.

If you don't want to contribute anything towards that discussion, go to another thread.

Then just ask yourself how you can overlook all of Hillary's character problems and you'll have your answer.

Then just ask yourself how you can overlook all of Hillary's character problems and you'll have your answer.

Except that still doesn't explain the support for Trump's policies (or the lack thereof), nor does it explain the support for Trump's demogagory, narcisscism, racism, sexism, bullying, or pathological lying.

Except that still doesn't explain the support for Trump's policies (or the lack thereof), nor does it explain the support for Trump's demogagory, narcisscism, racism, sexism, bullying, or pathological lying.

Before Trump's Hillary supporting detractors take on airs and get all puffed up about his deficiencies they would do well to dismount that high horse. It's standing in 12 feet of s***.

Before Trump's Hillary supporting detractors take on airs and get all puffed up about his deficiencies they would do well to dismount that high horse. It's standing in 12 feet of s***.

As I said, I can list enough legitimate reasons to support Hillary. I have YET to see a new Trump supporter (the point of this thread) to do the same.

It depends on whether you have nothing to lose otherwise it does not make sense to break the system. Are you one of the homeless?

four things i find appealing about tRump:

1. the wall. yea, the wall is a stupid idea; ask the chinese. but the purpose of the wall was an issue neither party wanted to address. the donald put it front and center so that it could no longer be ignored. we need to enforce our immigration laws. doing so serves our nation's interest. not doing so serves the corporations' interests; they then have access to an expanded low cost labor pool. if most of or population was highly educated/highly skilled, such importation would not be a significant issue. but 30% of our population cannot earn a high school diploma. and in today's high school, that diploma is given out to anyone who can endure four (to seven) years of showing up. 30% of our people are too stupid to be able to achieve that VERY low standard. that 30% of our population still has expenses that they provide for thru their own employment or from the taxes of others. if that 30% is subjected to a influx of illegals who also have weak skills/education, then the supply of low skilled employees is going to overwhelm the demand for low skilled labor. those who cross the border illegally are highly motivated. they bring with them a strong work ethic. so, now employers can pay low wages to a highly motivated illegal population. the only problem is that those 30% of our population no longer have access to low skill low-wage employment. being without a means to earn an income, their default position is to become recipients of government support programs. in no way am i expressing derision of the illegals. they are doing the honorable thing, finding a means to better the lives of their families; working hard while evading authorities ... all the while at low wages. my derision is reserved for those who refuse to get an education despite having the means to do so, and especially for a government that refuses to enforce immigration laws. but for tRump, this would not be a campaign issue

2. his even middle east position. tRump is willing to give the Palestinians a fair break. while he seeks to maintain our alliance with israel, he indicates he is not willing to sacrifice Palestinian interests to maintain our ongoing relationship with israel. unfortunately, in today's political arena, such reasonableness is a sea-change

3. TPP. tRump realizes the benefactors of the TPP, like NAFTA and the other "free" trade agreements, will be the corporations who are heavily engaged in international trade. those who lose will be everyone else. tRump indicates a willingness to re-negotiate our "free" trade agreements to instead become "fair" trade agreements; something that will not place American jobs at constant disadvantage globally, while our domestic markets are opened, globally

4. can't stand tRump's personality. he's a schmuck. but there is one characteristic that serves him well, and i believe it is the key to his attraction by many. his willingness to stare down those in positions of power. his refusal to play by others' rules, and instead go about his business as he believes serves him best. as an asshole, we see this results in many asshole situations. but there are times when this characteristic allows him to be seen as someone who is not part of the system. a system no one, who is not a part of the system, likes

hope to vote for Bernie
but to avoid tRump's heritage foundation approved list of supreme court nominees, i will hold my nose and cast one ballot for hillary

It depends on whether you have nothing to lose otherwise it does not make sense to break the system. Are you one of the homeless?

What does homelessness have to do with anything?

It makes sense to break up a system when it is failing. Or rather change out the current administrators of the system.

What does homelessness have to do with anything?

It makes sense to break up a system when it is failing. Or rather change out the current administrators of the system.

I find it really amusing when I run into someone who honestly believes that the most powerful nation on Earth with the most powerful military on Earth and one of the best performing economies on Earth is "failing." It simply does not compute.

Back
Top Bottom