• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those with a short memory

2ir26vn.jpg

For those with a short memory, here are some signs against GW Bush. Think about it when you condemn conservatives for pointing out Obama failures and when you claim that Obama isn't being fairly treated.

Michelle Malkin | 10 images mocking George W. Bush that were far worse than a harmless rodeo clown «

Ehhhh...there is a difference between a photo shopped image or an individual holding up a sign than what occurred at the Missouri State fair. Generally if I was to take my kids (if I had any) or even went to a state fair I wouldn't expect some partisan right wing rally including down the running down of a person with an Obama mask. Just like I would probably be asking WTF? if a state fair turned into something including similar regarding GBW. Would be nice if it's possible once and awhile for communities to get together without divisive politics thrown in our faces.

If tickets were sold to the rodeo audience then they were a captive audience. Not the right place for political satire.

That is quite possibly the dumbest comment ever. They aren't required to be there, they aren't required to stay.

Ehhhh...there is a difference between a photo shopped image or an individual holding up a sign than what occurred at the Missouri State fair. Generally if I was to take my kids (if I had any) or even went to a state fair I wouldn't expect some partisan right wing rally including down the running down of a person with an Obama mask. Just like I would probably be asking WTF? if a state fair turned into something including similar regarding GBW. Would be nice if it's possible once and awhile for communities to get together without divisive politics thrown in our faces.

It was harmless and funny.

It was harmless and funny.

In your opinion (was harmless but didn't find it funny) but the issue in this case is there's tons of outlets for political speech and practicing it. All I saw as the 10 examples were buttons/photoshopped images etc. Let's not pretend the same aren't out there for Obama. This specific situation is a state fair which isn't a political event.

In your opinion (was harmless but didn't find it funny) but the issue in this case is there's tons of outlets for political speech and practicing it. All I saw as the 10 examples were buttons/photoshopped images etc. Let's not pretend the same aren't out there for Obama. This specific situation is a state fair which isn't a political event.

I have been to lots of fairs, county, city, state, that have political events and speeches and posters, why would this one be any different? By the way MO voted for Romney.

For those with a short memory, here are some signs against GW Bush. Think about it when you condemn conservatives for pointing out Obama failures and when you claim that Obama isn't being fairly treated.

Michelle Malkin | 10 images mocking George W. Bush that were far worse than a harmless rodeo clown «

There's no hypocrisy on my end. I am equally against them both while also understanding that POTUS has very little to do with the greater apparatus that is controlling the United States at this time.

It amazes me how people still succumb to the bait and switch of the Presidential candidate. The POTUS definitely has special legal powers, but why do people still insist on attacking the face instead of looking at what's behind it?

NL no one pokes the man behind the curtain and lives to tell about it.

That is interesting...of course it's the Missouri state fair that has banned the rodeo clown. It also seemed to lack the spectacle of the clown dressed up as Obama.

They didn't ban him until the ridiculous outrage. The whole thing about it being so bad is just nonsense.

They didn't ban him until the ridiculous outrage. The whole thing about it being so bad is just nonsense.

So what is the issue. Should people not allowed to be outraged? Should the Missouri State Fair not be allowed to ban him? As I had mentioned it was Republican officials in Missouri that also thought it was an inappropriate spectacle. Should they not have the right to speak out against the incident? I'm not sure what the problem is. If there's no grounds for being outraged then the Missouri State fair shouldn't of banned him. People get outraged over stuff daily and in some instances there's enough outrage that something happens and in some instances it's seen as just noise to be ignored.

You're issue seems to be with the Missouri State fair officials and their decision.

Good Lord, are all liberals hypocrites? GW Bush took an absolute media beating and the brainwashed left doesn't like anything that flies in the face of their own beliefs and opinions. How is that Hope and Change working out for the country? Stagnant Economic growth, high unemployment, high debt, high dependence on govt. programs and the liberal answer is throw more money at the problem but don't demonize us by talking about our record?

Good Lord, are all liberals hypocrites? GW Bush took an absolute media beating and the brainwashed left doesn't like anything that flies in the face of their own beliefs and opinions. How is that Hope and Change working out for the country? Stagnant Economic growth, high unemployment, high debt, high dependence on govt. programs and the liberal answer is throw more money at the problem but don't demonize us by talking about our record?

Why don't you point out the hypocrisy first. Of that "top 10 list" which of those things (signs at rallies, photo shopped images, buttons etc) aren't not currently being made about Obama....

So what is the issue. Should people not allowed to be outraged? Should the Missouri State Fair not be allowed to ban him? As I had mentioned it was Republican officials in Missouri that also thought it was an inappropriate spectacle. Should they not have the right to speak out against the incident? I'm not sure what the problem is. If there's no grounds for being outraged then the Missouri State fair shouldn't of banned him. People get outraged over stuff daily and in some instances there's enough outrage that something happens and in some instances it's seen as just noise to be ignored.

You're issue seems to be with the Missouri State fair officials and their decision.

I'm saying it is ridiculous that there was outrage to begin with. Even more ridiculous that the NAACP wants a formal investigation.

I'm saying it is ridiculous that there was outrage to begin with. Even more ridiculous that the NAACP wants a formal investigation.

Yes...it's ridiculous the NAACP want a formal investigation...investigate what?...but I bet you 100 bucks there will be no investigation.

There's things constantly that I shake my head about that individuals are outraged about. On the right and on the left. There's "outrage" every day about Obama taking a vacation to him putting his feet on the oval office desk. The last thing we need is outrage threads about outrage.

Yes...it's ridiculous the NAACP want a formal investigation...investigate what?...but I bet you 100 bucks there will be no investigation.

There's things constantly that I shake my head about that individuals are outraged about. On the right and on the left. There's "outrage" every day about Obama taking a vacation to him putting his feet on the oval office desk. The last thing we need is outrage threads about outrage.

haha fair enough!

Why don't you point out the hypocrisy first. Of that "top 10 list" which of those things (signs at rallies, photo shopped images, buttons etc) aren't not currently being made about Obama....

The hypocrisy is that a Rodeo clown was banned for life for wearing an Obama mask. What happened to those that demonized Bush?

Which of those things got a person banned by a gov't agency? Expressing political statements in public is not unusual, getting banned from employment for it is.

Back
Top Bottom