• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those who think conservatism is losing it's appeal...

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Check out the line at Mark Levin's book signing in Long Island over the weekend...

No one is saying conservartivism does not have it's die hard sycophants. Niot to mention LI has a bit of financial conservative base. NY itself is not the liberal area cons tend to make it out to be. Knowing the area I would imagine you would find a lot of people who think in financially conservative ideas who would reject social conservative crazy. You probably find a lot of pro-choice, agnostic/semi religious, culturally diverse, racially diverse, and generally moderate voters as compared with neo-conservatism. Your claims are pretty flawed. However, it does show that conservative candidates have a chance if they drop the extremist religious views and the overwhelming racism and cultural hate they are pandering to. NY could probably swing red with a socially liberal financially conservative candidate which is why Ny hasd a number of reps actually sitting in their state government. However, when you spout5 the southern and midwest crazy conservative attitude they will probably swing moderate democrat instead.

Check out the line at Mark Levin's book signing in Long Island over the weekend...

Line to see President Obama last week. You know, for those who think that it proves anything....

Line to see President Obama last week. You know, for those who think that it proves anything....

...the line for tickets to see Obama. Let me guess, they were free. ;)

Mark L is a nut. I had to quit listening to him.

...the line for tickets to see Obama. Let me guess, they were free. ;)

Probably. How much did it cost to go to the book signing?

All it proves is that the sheeple on both sides will flock to their heroes.

Mark L is a nut. I had to quit listening to him.

Well... That so called "nut" can sell some books.

Currently on Amazon, his book is:
#3 - Best sellers list
#1 - Hot new releases
#1 - Gift idea
#3 - Most wished for

The people who buy his books are far from being "nuts"... Just take a look at the people in line in the video. They are as main stream America as they come. They are the enlightened ones who see how the constitution is being ignored and want to restore America to the principals it was founded on.

They are nuts too.
Well... That so called "nut" can sell some books.

Currently on Amazon, his book is:
#3 - Best sellers list
#1 - Hot new releases
#1 - Gift idea
#3 - Most wished for

The people who buy his books are far from being "nuts"... Just take a look at the people in line in the video. They are as main stream America as they come. They are the enlightened ones who see how the constitution is being ignored and want to restore America to the principals it was founded on.

Oh hey, I cant at work. I will when I get home, I was trying to be funny.

For a long time I had him on the radio while I fell asleep, but the constant anger and name calling nonsense got on my nerves and kept me awake. Seriously he is pretty whacky but I will watch it when I get home.
Like I said... Take a look at the video... LMMFAO

Oh hey, I cant at work. I will when I get home, I was trying to be funny.

For a long time I had him on the radio while I fell asleep, but the constant anger and name calling nonsense got on my nerves and kept me awake. Seriously he is pretty whacky but I will watch it when I get home.

I agree that he is pretty angry, but the man knows his stuff.

Here is what his book is all about for those who are interested:

So comparing the president of the United States to a radio guy proves? What it proves is a guy on the radio draws as big a crowd as a president.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't prove anything about who's ideology is better.

The reason I chose that particular video is that a friend of mine works at that University, and she was talking about the line on Facebook. She is an active Republican, i.e., she goes and works on Republican campaigns, so she's not an Obama supporter. She didn't wait in line of course, but that's how I knew the line was long.

Loads of middle aged white people and one token black guy (sighted at 1:45 in the video!) is pretty much mainstream America, alright.

There's a difference between people being excluded, and people choosing not to participate... Maybe black people aren't fans of the constitution?

There's a difference between people being excluded, and people choosing not to participate...

Doesn't change the fact that you consider "as main stream America as they come" to be pretty much homogeneously Caucasian.

Maybe black people aren't fans of the constitution?

Yeah, that's it. (although, could you really blame them if they didn't? It's not like that document was all that nice to them)

Doesn't change the fact that you consider "as main stream America as they come" to be pretty much homogeneously Caucasian.

Those are average, everyday folks... Not the extremists that many liberals (and even some so called conservatives) try to portrait them as. That was my point.

Yeah, that's it. (although, could you really blame them if they didn't? It's not like that document was all that nice to them)

So you are one of those "slave document" people... What a shame.

Those are average, everyday folks... Not the extremists that many liberals (and even some so called conservatives) try to portrait them as. That was my point.

And nearly universally white, middle aged people. Which was my point.

So you are one of those "slave document" people... What a shame.

You know what's a shame? That the people who support small government politics are too stupid to realize that the constitution had deep design flaws that have caused what we see today to happen, as the anti-federalists predicted when they opposed it in the 1780's. Instead of recognizing it as flawed, they revere it as though it is gospel. ****ing morons who destroy any chance of my own political philosophy (neo-anti-federalism) of ever becoming reality

There's a difference between people being excluded, and people choosing not to participate... Maybe black people aren't fans of the constitution?

Why is the GOP having trouble attracting black voters?

Back
Top Bottom