• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those of you wondering why cops are trained to fire 7+ rounds if necessary...

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
...this is why:

Sometimes 6 is not enough to stop a threat.

Comparing an unarmed man being shot in the back 7 times with a guy attacking a cop with a machete is desperate and pathetic. These two situations are not even remotely equivalent.

Comparing an unarmed man being shot in the back 7 times with a guy attacking a cop with a machete is desperate and pathetic. These two situations are not even remotely equivalent.

Then why are you comparing the two? The OP didn't.

Freudian slip much?

...this is why:

Sometimes 6 is not enough to stop a threat.

No one is wondering, we know why:

He wanted to murder the Black guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like you may be jumping to a conclusion here.

How can we be sure that the machete wielding maniac actually intended to do any harm to the cops or anyone else?

Did he actually cut anyone?

Seems to me he was just out jogging, minding his own business, performing some machete yoga moves, when the cop shooting at him happened to fall down in the street.

Obvious example of unjustified force being used by the cops.

(the above is sarcasm)

I feel like you may be jumping to a conclusion here.

How can we be sure that the machete wielding maniac actually intended to do any harm to the cops or anyone else?

Did he actually cut anyone?

Seems to me he was just out jogging, minding his own business, performing some machete yoga moves, when the cop shooting at him happened to fall down in the street.

Obvious example of unjustified force being used by the cops.

(the above is sarcasm)

You're trying to group an unarmed jogger being shot by a hill billy civilian and an unarmed black guy being shot in the back 7 times with a violent, machete wielding attacker that's actively attacking a cop. You're dishonest and transparent.

Not sure what's hard to understand about not wanting the cops to blast unarmed civilians that didn't pose a threat. Literally nobody has said cops shouldn't defend themselves when attacked.

Freudian slip much?
Then why are you comparing the two? The OP didn't.

The OP is absolutely trying to compare the two. The 7 shots thing is not a coincidence.

You're trying to group an unarmed jogger being shot by a hill billy civilian and an unarmed black guy being shot in the back 7 times with a violent, machete wielding attacker that's actively attacking a cop. You're dishonest and transparent.

Not sure what's hard to understand about not wanting the cops to blast unarmed civilians that didn't pose a threat. Literally nobody has said cops shouldn't defend themselves when attacked.

The OP is absolutely trying to compare the two. The 7 shots thing is not a coincidence.
The jogger argument was debunked months ago. He was actually robbing them. Change your channel off of CNN.

The jogger argument was debunked months ago. He was actually robbing them. Change your channel off of CNN.

Yeah, that is exactly why their hillbilly asses are in jail now.

The mind-reader speaks.

I think the 7 shots to the back of the Black unarmed guy, while aiding and abetting the armed white lunatic is much more indicative of a systemic issue vs testimony via telepathy.

Maybe you think telepathy is real? Like Libertarianism and the bravery of Good Guys With Guns?

Yeah, that is exactly why their hillbilly asses are in jail now.

The “Memes Win Elections” crowd wants you to know you’re getting all your info from the worst sources.

So you chose to double down on lying. Figures.

And now you’re trying to worship cops even harder.

So you again chose the lying route. Typical.

4686991948b9abe9fb6d460c1db887b0.jpg

I think the 7 shots to the back of the Black unarmed guy,

He wasn't unarmed, and as the video that I posted shows, you can shoot a guy 7 times and still easily get killed by him.

while aiding and abetting the armed white lunatic

God know what the AF you're even ranting about.

What do you think you are accomplishing?

Underlining cognitive dissonance.

Dunno if it’s actually accomplishing anything, per se, but I get a chuckle.

He wasn't unarmed, and as the video that I posted shows, you can shoot a guy 7 times and still easily get killed by him.

God know what the AF you're even ranting about.

He was unarmed, and it’s a shame in this instance the outcome of someone still being killed after shooting someone 7 times didn’t play out.

Back
Top Bottom