• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those of you who use online dating

Why would you lie about your age?

women often lie about their age or bodycount

men often lie about their finances or successes

why? because romantic love is conditional and we are trying to increase the spark so we can have some good sex lol

My parents met on a blind date.

the internet used to be full of loners and misfits

so dating sites were bad

but now that the internet has become easier to use its become more popular so there is alot of normal poeple online now

thanks to all the good programers who have been building the internet and making it easier to use for lamens

why? because romantic love is conditional and we are trying to increase the spark so we can have some good sex lol
“Body count”?

Oh. I thought you meant weight.

every girl says she is a thin 18 year old virgin with huge tits

and every guy says he is a 7 foot tall professional hockey player millionaire

lol

im your fantasy!

every girl says she is a thin 18 year old virgin with huge tits

and every guy says he is a 7 foot tall professional hockey player millionaire

lol

im your fantasy!

Yeah, no,

very simple:
I want to seem younger than I actually am.
I like younger women. I dont want to date a woman my own age. Most of the people I hang out with are younger than I am.
Theres no great mystery there at all, I'm honest about it. Dont really have to "think about it".
very simple answer.

I date women younger than you do and I am older than you. Attractive women.

I don't lie to them.
------------------

I suggest you do.

Peace

What do you hope or expect meeting and dating to lead to? IOW, why are you still available?

In November 1996, I joined the most popular dating site of that time. It originated as a Compuserve BB. After transitioning to the
internet, the option to post a profile photo had been added. Almost no one did, and only about half responded to 37 profile questions intended to detect compatibility. Age was selected in a five year range.

I had been married twice, experiencing just the two relationships spanning continuously the prior 22 years.

The "process" deciding who to meet and then meeting, was sight unseen. It seemed superficial enough, even during my brief participation
through October, 1997, even without the influence of images. I cannot imagine how the lives of either of you have influenced your personalities. What have you built, what are you building on? Does it ever seem like one long, superficial waste of time? You meet others who decide who to meet based on physical appearance, many of you unable or uninterested in committing, or so unrealistic of expectations that the result is perpetual availability.

In eleven months, I met a dozen women, age range 29 to 44. I shared intimacy with the youngest, the oldest, and some in between.
Maybe I was just fortunate, but I found none of them unattractive, most exceeded the expectations I had developed only from messaging and phone conversations before meeting. I met the CoS of a U.S. congressperson, an accountant, an architect, a CFP, an internet network analyst, a director of new media projects, a paralegal, and a book editor of a major publisher.

During every meeting, we shared some of other internet initiated encounters with each other. The "pioneer" aspect helped make our internet dating activity a mutual experience and we could communicate our "turn offs" to each other in an open way I doubt can be as un-self-conscious or guarded as likely reverted back to in the passage of time, compared to older methods of meeting and dating.

I became unavailable when I began an LTR with the oldest woman I had met.

I had a goal, I achieved it. Do either of you ever compare your social lives to Bill Murray's characher's in Groundhog Day?

I mean it became formulaic enough, after just 6 or 7 months, meeting women deep enough not to rely on physical appearance in
choosing who to meet. I guess it helps if perpetual availability is your status, but I wouldn't expect to meet anyone deep or all that interesting, or to impress those of such qualities as all that interesting, yourself.

Sincerity is not easily faked.

Last edited:
I had a goal, I achieved it. Do either of you ever compare your social lives to Bill Murray's characher's in Groundhog Day?

I mean it became formulaic enough, after just 6 or 7 months, meeting women deep enough not to rely on physical appearance in
choosing who to meet. I guess it helps if perpetual availability is your status, but I wouldn't expect to meet anyone deep or all that interesting, or to impress those of such qualities as all that interesting, yourself.

I am not sure what is more impressive, the arrogance of in this post or the ignorance.

Peace

So you are online dating or you're not? Why are you asking other's for pictures of themselves when you won't even tell us your age?
You are obsessed with me, lady.

You are obsessed with me, lady.

That's usually what people say when they don't want to answer questions on a thread they created. :)

That's usually what people say when they don't want to answer questions on a thread they created. :)
I am under no obligation to answer any questions, be they in my own thread or elsewhere.

I noticed you didn't deny being obsessed with me though.

I am under no obligation to answer any questions, be they in my own thread or elsewhere.

I noticed you didn't deny being obsessed with me though.

I didn't say you were obligated to answer them. It's curious that you won't answer them.

I didn't say you were obligated to answer them. It's curious that you won't answer them.
Then keep wondering, lady.

Then keep wondering, lady.

Mmmkay. You keep making threads and then pretending you're not interested at all personally in the topic. :D

Mmmkay. You keep making threads and then pretending you're not interested at all personally in the topic. :D
I wouldn't call this "keep making threads". This is my first thread here in this sub-forum, I believe.

But thank you for your opinion, madam.

Have you thought about lying about your age?

And for those of you who don't use online dating, how bad do you think it would be?

Thanks.
Well, I did. Then, I thought, what the hell. I have a girlfriend now, so do not search. But, I was surprised, at 62, all the responses I got when I did. I have become the man I could not understand women liked when I was 25.

And for those of you who don't use online dating, how bad do you think it would be?
Thanks.
I'd say the supermajority of gay men are dating using apps like Tinder, Hinge, Grindr, etc. With there being such a low percentage of the population being gay -- say 5% or therearound -- it's difficult to meet someone organically. Bars used to be the place to do that.

I feel the most common like for men is not finance/jobs, but height. Dating profiles are always 1-2 inches taller than the guy actually is. Additionally, especially after COVID, I've seen that a lot of guys have longer hair and have put on a few pounds than their profile pictures. Though I assume the weight is common to women too.

“Body count”?
And also @Tiny. It's Gen Z lingo. It's not exclusive to men, women, gay or straight.

Thanks.
Back when I did it I didn't lie about age. I stated I preferred guys younger than me but was open to guys my age or older. I had a few dates mostly messages from "straight" guys in the down low.

That wasn't my thing.

There are a lot of creeps out there

I met my spouse online, but not through a dating site. Never had much luck with those, and I was married before dating apps were a thing. We did not catfish each other.

I met my spouse online, but not through a dating site. Never had much luck with those, and I was married before dating apps were a thing. We did not catfish each other.

most dating sites are just full of gold diggers

women love monkey branching to their next hypergamy, and the internet helps them do it

trying to trade their fat asses for a free house

most dating sites are just full of gold diggers

women love monkey branching to their next hypergamy, and the internet helps them do it

trying to trade their fat asses for a free house

Thanks.
No, I did not lie about my age. Neither did my wife.

We were both honest and pretty open about ourselves in our respective dating profiles.

Sometimes you really do get what you give.

If I Only Had a Heart- Remixed and Restored from the original recording​

if only i had a heart....

i would get herpes from some girl then get baby trapped and have 20 years of money stolen from me

damn, life without a heart is looking pretty good these days

Is this even a serious question?

Why are you on a dating site? If it's just to get laid and then be done with the person then, yeah, age isn't going to really factor into it. But I think it's pretty stupid to start off a new relationship with a lie. Why not lie about your job, or your salary, too? Hell, if you're going to be dishonest, do it right.

Or, instead, act your age, claim your age and, if you like younger women, put that age range into your search criteria for possible partners. Presumably, the younger women who like dating older guys will also put that applicable age range in their search criteria.

I haven't used online dating since I lived in Portland, OR (2013), but I had one woman lie about her age. She was pretty smokin' hot, and she was a banshee between the sheets.

But she was also a liar. Maybe it's just me but, when I have options, I prefer to date people who don't lie right out of the gate. The night she told me her true age was the last night I ever saw her...

Back
Top Bottom