• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Those Of You Who Continue To Doubt That Bill Clinton Had a Surplus.

LOL!!

Don't forget Obama...who raised some taxes, lowered other taxes, lowered and THEN raised OTHER taxes...and has skyrocketed the debt...skyrocketed the deficit...and stagnated the economy.

LOL!! If it were only that simple...to lay it all at the feet of one man, eh?

You guys don't have a clue. At the end of Bush's last budget the ANNUAL interest due and payable from the Reagan Bushes debt was $451 billion. What the hell are you people doing holding Obama responsible for the biggest debt in the country's history. I know why....you hate Obama and anything he wants to do. Hang onto it and see what it gets you. Folks have found you out. By the way....has your "Trickle Down" check showed up yet?

In the mid 1980's the tax cuts for a millionaire would buy him a new Mercedes each year. Joe six pack could buy a muffler for one. I'm a Joe six pack.

has your "Trickle Down" check showed up yet?

Yes, as did virtually every other worker in private sector America.
If you receievd a check this week,
it came from a class of people known as ' job creators' , who are almost never in the bootom quartile of icome. Poor people do not create jobs, it's always middle or upper class people.

You guys don't have a clue. At the end of Bush's last budget the ANNUAL interest due and payable from the Reagan Bushes debt was $451 billion. What the hell are you people doing holding Obama responsible for the biggest debt in the country's history. I know why....you hate Obama and anything he wants to do. Hang onto it and see what it gets you. Folks have found you out. By the way....has your "Trickle Down" check showed up yet?

In the mid 1980's the tax cuts for a millionaire would buy him a new Mercedes each year. Joe six pack could buy a muffler for one. I'm a Joe six pack.

Yeah, yeah...blah, blah, blah. Dude, we got you sussed. Blame Bush, but Obama is squeaky clean. Yeah, right.

As long as you insist on blaming bad things on one person, while giving a pass to another person for worse things, you will only be considered a political hack by reasonable and reasoned people.

Have fun with that, Joe.

Yeah, yeah...blah, blah, blah. Dude, we got you sussed. Blame Bush, but Obama is squeaky clean. Yeah, right.

As long as you insist on blaming bad things on one person, while giving a pass to another person for worse things, you will only be considered a political hack by reasonable and reasoned people.

Have fun with that, Joe.

Reagan began to destroy labor unions when he fired PATCO. He and Bush41 effectively funneled $3 trillion into the hands of the wealthiest people in the country when he slashed tax rates and kept on spending. I won't let you right wingers forget it. He and the Bushes destroyed the middle class in America.

3.jpg

BunkerUnionMemebership-04-12.png

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO!! Clinton raising tax rates in 1993/94 while he still had a Democrat majority had nothing to do with it?

You people just don't get it...Reagan slashes tax rates for the rich and borrows three trillion dollars from foreign banks while he continues to spend.

Bill Clinton raises taxes and runs a surplus.

George W. Bush cuts taxes twice after assuming a surplus and doubles the debt. DUUUH!!

There's a part everyone forgets about the Clinton years - the tech bubble. The country took in a whole lot of tax revenue harvested from falsely inflated numbers while the SEC looked the other way. We grew a massive industry with a ponzi scheme while the Clinton admin sat back and let it happen. When it all fell apart the folks at the top shifted the bad paper downwards. But hey, the government had already gotten their piece of the con.

Stayed Natural? What does that mean? Spending bills begin in the House.

My point was...giving credit to Newt is like giving Credit to Switzerland...

Newt was a Reagan Republican which means...saying fiscal responsibility and smaller government and yet doing the exact opposite. Massive expanding of the government and massive spending to boot. Clinton came to presidency with promises of reducing the government surgically not just hack and slash. His propose budget was consistently smaller than what Newt and republican Congress proposed...
And My god their idiotic promise with Contract On "Americans" which they manage to break every freaking promise

...Congress wanted to spend unholy amount of cash on antiquated military, Clinton wanted to trim the fat from the Military. Their clash was the money that needed to be spend on Social Engineering...

Clinton knew economy grows bottom up, Newt didn't give a shait about economy just wanted to be an obstacle and continue the failed policies of the previous two administrations,,, basically browning, spending and tax cuts.

Funny how Clinton became the best republican President Democrats ever had!

Diving Mullah

There's a part everyone forgets about the Clinton years - the tech bubble. The country took in a whole lot of tax revenue harvested from falsely inflated numbers while the SEC looked the other way. We grew a massive industry with a ponzi scheme while the Clinton admin sat back and let it happen. When it all fell apart the folks at the top shifted the bad paper downwards. But hey, the government had already gotten their piece of the con.

Yeah Yeah....whatever. The common denominator I see is tax rates. Reagan slashed them and quadrupled the debt. Clinton raised them and balanced the budget. Bush cut them, twice and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion. Gotta keep that Trickle Down coming. When did your check arrive? Unless warm piss running down my back was it I'm still waiting.

Back
Top Bottom