• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For The "Pro Gun Control" crowd[W:71]

Not to speak for stonewall50, but I drive a Ford, not a Dodge. Anyway, that's irrelevant to this discussion. He was entirely correct in pointing out the essential distinction between a right and a privilege, and you are entirely wrong in dismissing this distinction.

We have a rational gun law. One law, and it is all we need, and all that we should have.

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When people like yourself speak of “rational gun laws”, what you speak of are not rational at all, but irrational and corrupt efforts to violate the one supreme law that we have on the subject.

:mrgreen: Bob I like the way you put the last part in bold letters, because everything up to and including the 2nd comma is a 'Participle Phrase', meant to enhance but not alter or modify in any way the words that follow it. tks, chuck

Actually harassing responsible gun owners is the main goal of the Democratic party and most of the anti gun posters on this board

Its already illegal for a felon or someone bent on criminal behavior to possess ANY Firearm. Magazine limits, purchase limits (one per month etc) "assault weapon bans" , licenses to own guns or purchase ammo are all designed to harass law abiding gun owners since none are applicable to people who cannot own any firearms

at best, the anti rights clowns can pretend that massively infringing on our rights might have a trickle down impact on mopes

:mrgreen: I feel that if gun control continues, good honest citizens are going to go underground and willfully disobey those laws. This would be like the 'Civil Rights' movement of the late fifties and the sixties, where black folks and white supporters deliberately violated State, County, and City ordinances, in order to uphold the higher morals laws of the Constitution. tks, chuck

Actually, you can legally carry a gun anywhere in the United States, without a permit. The Second Amendment explicitly affirms this right.

That the various states, and the federal government refuse to obey the Second Amendment doesn't change this.

If you carry a gun, you are not doing anything illegal. You'll be arrested and prosecuted for it, of course, but when that happens, it is the state that is acting illegally, not you. This is what happens when we foolishly allow our public servants to imagine that they are our masters, and to act accordingly.

Yea, and I can sit in a prison cell every day and remind myself that I am right and the state is wrong.

I'll pass.

Yea, and I can sit in a prison cell every day and remind myself that I am right and the state is wrong.

I'll pass.

:mrgreen: SMTA, That tells me you're willing to give in to 'Big Brother'. Like Bob says "This is what happens when we foolishly allow our public SERVANTS (Hello, SMTA!!!) to imagine that they are our masters, and to act accordingly". Please DON'T pass. Peace, chuck.

:mrgreen: SMTA, That tells me you're willing to give in to 'Big Brother'. Like Bob says "This is what happens when we foolishly allow our public SERVANTS (Hello, SMTA!!!) to imagine that they are our masters, and to act accordingly". Please DON'T pass. Peace, chuck.

Wise men pick and choose their battles.

Weak men tell others what they should do.

I ascribe to the former.

Re: For The "Pro Gun Control" crowd

In fairness, the average gun control advocate is ok with individuals owning a handgun for home defense.

:mrgreen: The only gun control I'm in favor of is denying guns to ex violent felons, psychotic people, violent racists...etc..etc...! But that is futile to hope for. chuck.

:mrgreen: The only gun control I'm in favor of is denying guns to ex violent felons, psychotic people, violent racists...etc..etc...! But that is futile to hope for. chuck.

That is not a futile hope, due process covers most of those cases now.

Wise men pick and choose their battles.

Weak men tell others what they should do.

I ascribe to the former.

:mrgreen: You can't always pick and choose your battles! I'm not weak, and I'm not telling you what you should do. I'm telling you what not to do: Please DON'T pass, because you, myself, and all Law Abiding Citizens are the Government, not the people we elect to serve us in city, county, state, and federal offices! chuck.

:mrgreen: You can't always pick and choose your battles! I'm not weak, and I'm not telling you what you should do. I'm telling you what not to do: Please DON'T pass, because you, myself, and all Law Abiding Citizens are the Government, not the people we elect to serve us in city, county, state, and federal offices! chuck.

That is a utopian misconception at best.

I will not carry a concealed weapon without a permit and risk incarceration so you all can be happy that someone else has tried to prove a point.

Knock yourself out, and let me know how it goes for you.

That is not a futile hope, due process covers most of those cases now.

:mrgreen: That's a good comment! I only wish it were enforced more vigorously. chuck

I will not carry a concealed weapon without a permit and risk incarceration so you all can be happy that someone else has tried to prove a point.

Knock yourself out, and let me know how it goes for you.

:mrgreen: I Wouldn't carry a concealed weapon without a permit either. The only exception I would make would be if I knew, without a doubt, that without my weapon my life is in great danger! You know the saying: Better to walk into a courtroom under the power of your own legs and feet and explain to 12 men and women why you used a gun to successfully defend yourself, than to be carried out of a church under the power of 6 pall bearers because you didn't have your gun when you desperately needed it to save your life. chuck.

Back
Top Bottom