• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For The Love Of All That Is Holy, Stop Backing Into Parking Spaces

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
knock it off y’all. And put that cart back too.
———-

If you’re still backing into parking spaces, just cut it out and pull straight into them the way basic geometry demands.

About a mile from where I sit typing this ensconced in my comfortable suburban existence is a strip mall. This place serves a number of my family’s basic needs, and I find myself going there quite a bit — there’s a grocery store, a couple of coffee shops, a dry cleaner, an immediate care, a UPS store, an ABC, a sports bar, and a number of fast-casual restaurants. And, of course, this is all connected by a large, sprawling parking lot.

Having traveled to this same establishment hundreds of times over a period of years, I’ve noticed a dramatic change in driver behavior, and one that has made running errands rather trying. I don’t want to overstate the problem, but after years of close study, I have arrived at the conclusion that people who back into parking spaces are history’s greatest monsters.

———-

If you’re still backing into parking spaces, just cut it out and pull straight into them the way basic geometry demands.

About a mile from where I sit typing this ensconced in my comfortable suburban existence is a strip mall. This place serves a number of my family’s basic needs, and I find myself going there quite a bit — there’s a grocery store, a couple of coffee shops, a dry cleaner, an immediate care, a UPS store, an ABC, a sports bar, and a number of fast-casual restaurants. And, of course, this is all connected by a large, sprawling parking lot.

Having traveled to this same establishment hundreds of times over a period of years, I’ve noticed a dramatic change in driver behavior, and one that has made running errands rather trying. I don’t want to overstate the problem, but after years of close study, I have arrived at the conclusion that people who back into parking spaces are history’s greatest monsters.

Someone reads the Federalist. LoLz...

Im starting the timer next time. You see it all the time. Dude in his beater swings wide right. Hangs his head out the window with a coffin nail hanging out his mouth. He’s all cocked into the mirror executing his 3 pull up fAiL attempts at shoe horning that heap in between a Tesla and a 1947 HD Knuckle Head

Knock it off lol.

Most people who wind up facing out from the parking space pulled through from the other side, they didn't back into the space. I do that all the time and don't see what the big deal is.

The place is a mile from your house and you drive there?
As opposed to what? A skateboard?

Most can barely make it from the parking lot to the store as it ls. Walking or biking etc is to risky.

Not every parking lot has double side parking. If it's double sided I always drive through. I also park away from other vehicles, so I usually have a longer walk to the store entrance which drives my wife crazy.

I back into most other parking areas because it's much safer to pull out with a unrestricted view of what's happening around me.

But then again, I've been backing 53' trailers into very tight docks within a couple inches of my mark for many years.

WTF?
The Federalist is ticked off about people parking with their noses facing out? THIS is something they get outraged over?
I ALWAYS park further away from a store and at the furthest end of a mall, walking exercise is good for your heart. Plus less chance of a neighbor who will swing their door wide and nick ya.

Plus, driving out backwards is a nightmare, have to watch for shoppers and kids and other cars and having to crank your neck. When backing in I just use my side mirrors and rear view mirror and park perfectly every time.

Of course I am a wise and sagacious SNOWFLAKE, I also make sure my wheels are straight after parking and never play my music so loud I can't hear what is going on around me. I also NEVER EVER read the Federalist, another point in my favor.

wonder_40x40.gif

———-

I know if I were a republican, I would be outraged.

———-

best thing about this triggered unhinged meltdown post is how very telling it is LMAO

LOL - how do you get YOUR groceries home?

View attachment 67430674

In my car. But my grocery store of choice is over a mile away. The one within a mile we bike to when we need filler items.

On a side note, I walk or bike to the train station if I want to visit my favorite pub. Not comfortable with driving after a few beers.

Someone reads the Federalist. LoLz...
Geez - an ad-hominem dissing the source - of an opinion piece on parking! And why? Because it's conservative?

Regale us.... who in your [not conservative] world has the most credible unbiased opinion on how not to park your car? 🥴

———-

You don't need to worry about me--I can't aim in reverse for shit.

———-

I 100% agree with you.

As a flaming liberal, maybe this is a topic where we can bring the country together.

Yeah this ranks up there with "don't rob rape and murder people".

———-

I'm going to share this with my wife, as I've been trying to cure her of this habit for years.

Doesn't matter how many people are behind her, she backs into every parking space.

I have made a little progress with her though - she is starting to notice the drive-through spaces and is beginning to use them more; but otherwise? Just pray you're not behind her when she parks. :) :)

FREEDOM. Thanks OP for the comic relief this morning.

Who is the author of the article to tell me how to park. Does the author object if the two facing parking spaces are open and a person drives forward to the slot that makes it look like they backed into the parking spot? For some older drivers it is easier to pull forward out of a parking spot. Safer for some drivers to check their surroundings if facing forward.

The Federalist outdid themselves with that article. How can anyone take them seriously after publishing the parking article. :ROFLMAO:

———-

Why do republicans always want to take away my rights?

I'll park however the **** I want, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom