• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For the Glenn Beck haters

Why is it good that we have a House and Senate that are going to refuse to work together?

I dont know I like the ones where hes barking or screaming or throwing a fit better.

I was listening to them at times last night where Pat was singing that song and I was just rolling. :)

Why is it good that we have a House and Senate that are going to refuse to work together?

Because if you think the government is going to fix the economy and create jobs, you're dreaming.

In that regard, the best government is a government that is logjammed. Business can handle it from there.

Now, we do need massive cuts and a repeal of everything Obama's done to this point, but that will have to wait two more years.

because given the damage that they've done recently..."doing nothing" would be a great improvement. :shrug:

That is quite possibly the most irritating that I have ever heard.

There is a trend evident in this thread and all across the internet message board universe normally expressed by anarcho libertarians or extremists on the edges of the body politic. It goes like this : lets hope all this comes crashing down and then we might have a chance for our own ideology to take hold. They rarely express it so nakedly but its there just the same. The rest of society has to lose so that they may "win" at least in their own minds. The idea expressed here that government should not work, that government should grind to a halt, is sadly part of that.

The rest of society has to lose so that they may "win" at least in their own minds. The idea expressed here that government should not work, that government should grind to a halt, is sadly part of that.

when govt is working poorly or to the detriment of society it is a good thing that govt grinds to a halt.

There is a trend evident in this thread and all across the internet message board universe normally expressed by anarcho libertarians or extremists on the edges of the body politic. It goes like this : lets hope all this comes crashing down and then we might have a chance for our own ideology to take hold. They rarely express it so nakedly but its there just the same. The rest of society has to lose so that they may "win" at least in their own minds. The idea expressed here that government should not work, that government should grind to a halt, is sadly part of that.

How does the rest of society lose when crap is prevented from being implemented?

Because if you think the government is going to fix the economy and create jobs, you're dreaming.

In that regard, the best government is a government that is logjammed. Business can handle it from there.
Really? Business can handle passing legislation and fulfilling the role of government? That's a scary thought.

the govt should heed this sage advice:

NOTE TO SELF: when you are in a hole.....stop digging.

the rev asks

How does the rest of society lose when crap is prevented from being implemented?

Perhaps I was not clear. Sorry. Allow me to state this again.

I often read on message boards the thought of anarcho-libertarians who stop just an inch short form advocating a complete collapse of government and the society we have so that their vague and unspecified dream of an anarcho paradise can somehow, someway come true to pass. The rest of society has to lose so that they can "win". They know fully well they cannot win at elections. Forget about anarchism and just look at anarchy lite - libertariansim. What percentage does the Libertarian candidate get for President? Answer; its less than one-half of one percent of the popular vote. The revolution is not going to happen at the ballot box where even the label LIBERTARIAN is the kiss of death. look at the two libertarian poster boys the Pauls. They cannot get elected under that banner. They have to announce to the people that they are Republicans.

I am not talking about mere crap not being implemented - whatever that vague term may mean in your own mind. I am talking about the dangerous implication that I read in people simply wanting government to stop and come crashing down so their extremist ideology has more of a snowballs chance that it ever would today.

Gridlock, especially in the era of Trillion Dollar deficits, could be the mid-term life preserver. I should also note that I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat. When Establishment GOP members like Newton Leroy Gingrich, Karl Rove, George H. W. Bush & his son (to name just a few) claim to be "conservative," I need to disassociate myself from that modern classification. Knowing that John Boehner is a protege of Gingrich gives me no comfort.

Edward Crane of the Cato Institute observed in 2000:
The combined budgets of the 95 major programs that the Contract with America [1994 Republican Revolution] promised to eliminate have increased by 13%.

See Promises, Promises

I listened to the whole video waiting for them to mention Sharron Angle, Christine O'Donnell and Carl Paladino, but it never came. Strange. :confused:

That's cuz that clip was from their "Gloat Fest". Ya know.....gloating about the winners. They talked about the losers too in the general election talk.

That's cuz that clip was from their "Gloat Fest". Ya know.....gloating about the winners. They talked about the losers too in the general election talk.

No kidding. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom