• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For the first time, a man has been sentenced for sexual slavery by the International Criminal Court.

And yet half of our country fought a war to keep it.

Because of a lack of quality education (it was contended that negros were not human beings, ergo, not deserving of any more rights than farm animals) and money.

Money compels immorality, if you let it.

"Work for me as a slave or die" is not a free choice whether the coercion is from direct murder or indirect starvation. To say slaves chose to be slaves is crap.

I'm not saying it was a great system. There was little or no welfare systems in place. It was often the case that one could become a slave or try to obtain sustenance by other means. Until you walk a mile in their shoes, you ought to be more circumspect.

I'm not saying it was a great system. There was little or no welfare systems in place. It was often the case that one could become a slave or try to obtain sustenance by other means. Until you walk a mile in their shoes, you ought to be more circumspect.

Being coerced into becoming someone's slave is not a choice. The lack of welfare systems at the time, now THAT was a choice. The nobility of Rome chose their own comfort over other people's lives, not much different from the billionaires of today.

He was once known as the “Terminator.” Now he’s the first man the International Criminal Court has convicted and sent to jail for the crime of sexual slavery.

For the first time, a man has been sentenced for sexual slavery by the International Criminal Court. He got 30 years.

Okay...I will be the first to admit I am a bit slow with legal stuff; however, this bit has me scratching my head:

On Thursday, Bosco Ntaganda, 46, sat stoically in a suit and tie as a court in The Hague laid out his conviction of 18 counts, including murder, rape, sexual slavery and using child soldiers, and sentenced him to 30 years in prison

this....

the brutal rape of a 13-year-old girl and the murder by the rebel leader himself of a Catholic priest.
“Men, women and children and babies were found in the field,” said Fremr, according to the BBC. “Some bodies were found naked, some had hands tied up, some had their heads crushed. Several bodies were disembowelled or otherwise mutilated

And, finally, this statement by the presiding Judge:

“despite their gravity and his degree of culpability,” Ntaganda’s crimes did not meet the standard for a life sentence.

What. The. F@ck.

What does one have to do to warrant a life sentence in the eyes of the ICC??

You have to be caught with a joint.

Back
Top Bottom