• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For The Deniers

are you begining to believe that the right has lied to you about man made global warming

• yes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • no

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Violating the Emoluments Clause? Who are we talking about? Are you now recommending Congress open up investigations into the cash and gifts received by Obama administration officials and Obama himself from declared Muslim terrorist enemies of the US?
I am talking about Trump.

No other president has any bearing on that discussion.

It is entirely possible that there should have been investigations on the last 10 presidents for such things.

Yeah? Please cite facts. Remember we were looking for facts not your feelings.
The Emoluments clause says the president cannot accept any personal benefits from any foreign government or official.
Trump has not divested himself from his business interests.
Thus, every time a foreign official stays at a Trump hotel, or a foreign government approves one of his business organization's projects, trademarks, or whatnot, it violates the constitution.

For example, China approving Trump trademarks.

For that matter, the Domestic part of the Emoluments Clause is violated whenever he travels to one of his properties to golf or whatnot, since he's essentially ordering the government to pay his business for him going there.

If we accept global warming to be human caused, why not focus more on eliminating the cause recognizing the fact that it would aid in resolving a great many other issues as well?
We appear to have become accustomed to accept solutions to most all problems to be a monetary one, and then habitually complain about the resulting consequences.

I don't agree with your premise as regards global warming, but I do like your sensible point about considering money first in any problem.
Regards,
CP.

I don't agree with your premise as regards global warming, but I do like your sensible point about considering money first in any problem.
Regards,
CP.

The key word in my 'premise' was "If".
Personally, it is my belief that we humans are doing more global damage by our waste, polluting our lakes, rivers, oceans, ground water, air, land.

Simple.... I believe the scientist!!! you know what that means!!!

Not just that, but I'm beginning to think I was lied to about how important they think democracy is.

They don't care one bit about democracy, only power.

Maybe we have to lose it in order for some to understand they should have protected it better. As the saying goes, 'you don't know what you have until you lose it'. People have been born and raised in one of the free-est democracies that ever existed in history and don't understand how extremely fragile it is and that it can be dismantled in just a couple of years.

It was 30 years ago today that NASA head Dr. James E Hansen testified to the US Senate that “global warming has begun”.
So this was the beginning of all the doom and gloom. Since Hansen’s testimony, we’ve been treated a litany of crazed predictions that never came true. In fact, Hansen’s own charts and computer models from 1988 have been debunked, where he predicted a massive rise in temperature that ended up being quite meager.

Leading climate alarmist Al Gore once said that we would reach a “point of no return” in 10 years. 12 years ago.
https://www.academia.org/the-top-10-...s-of-the-left/
Australian Politics › Australian Politics Forum › Member Run Boards › Environment

Trump Says Plan to End Climate Spending Would Save $100B, That $100B would build one awesome WALL
and fund maintenance on it for decades. These "distinguished" authors, scientists, et. al. get paid off by the Globalists. That's how
they distribute the spoils for doing their favors. None of their work product has ANYTHING to do with excellence or honesty.

I liked it better 40 years ago when that group of esteemed scientist predicted Snowball Earth. I have so many sweaters I never get to wear. I sure hope they change their new forecast soon!
Regards,
CP

When the climate change alarmist present all the information and not just the "science" that supports their view then more people might come around. Unfortunately whenever the facts done jive with the theories, the climate change supporters ignore the conflicting facts. Say, like Antarctic ice is increasing!

Maybe we have to lose it in order for some to understand they should have protected it better. As the saying goes, 'you don't know what you have until you lose it'. People have been born and raised in one of the free-est democracies that ever existed in history and don't understand how extremely fragile it is and that it can be dismantled in just a couple of years.

I feel we are reaching a tipping point. Global temperatures, overuse of limited resources, global populations and food production, global economies and.debt.

which one pushes the world over the edge. Will it end in starvation and disease or in a blinding flash of nuclear war over dwindling natural resources.

Civilization is fragile. A week of empty grocery shelves, no electricity and no gas at the station and it is every man for himself. Survival of the fittest. After a month a large percentage won't even want to live.

I feel we are reaching a tipping point. Global temperatures, overuse of limited resources, global populations and food production, global economies and.debt.

which one pushes the world over the edge. Will it end in starvation and disease or in a blinding flash of nuclear war over dwindling natural resources.

Civilization is fragile. A week of empty grocery shelves, no electricity and no gas at the station and it is every man for himself. Survival of the fittest. After a month a large percentage won't even want to live.

And it wouldn't take much more than shutting down banks or interrupting the internet for a day or two for total chaos to ensue. That's exactly what Putin's objective is.

Civilization flourished for thousands of years without electricity...

Really, Christ our ancestors have been on the planet for 6 million years. And you say we are fragile. We've survived every disaster one could encounter and we're still here.

Humans and their ancestors have been walking the planet for about 6 million years. Homo sapiens, who are the modern form of humans evolved 300,000 years ago from Homo erectus. Human civilizations started forming around 6,000 years ago.

How Long Have Humans Been On Earth? - WorldAtlas.com

And it wouldn't take much more than shutting down banks or interrupting the internet for a day or two for total chaos to ensue. That's exactly what Putin's objective is.

I see you're petrified that we're going to be eliminated.

Read my post 212

I see you're petrified that we're going to be eliminated.

Read my post 212

What's wrong with you, seriously what is it? I was replying to post #209. I am old and I'm not afraid to die, not at all. I'm afraid for you suckers believe it or not. I often wonder why the hell I should even care if you don't.

Civilization flourished for thousands of years without electricity...

Now that right there is funny no matter who you are.

and you believe today's Americans could just turn off the switch and go back to living like they did in the 1500's

Where do you people come from?

Now that right there is funny no matter who you are.

and you believe today's Americans could just turn off the switch and go back to living like they did in the 1500's

Where do you people come from?

Do you deny that people lived in civilizations successfully for thousands of years prior to electricity?

You think that people can not adapt to not watching TV or growing a garden? Oh My Gosh... seriously?

Do you deny that people lived in civilizations successfully for thousands of years prior to electricity?

You think that people can not adapt to not watching TV or growing a garden? Oh My Gosh... seriously?

Maybe those who grew up in rural areas but not large metropolitan areas. But then those peaceful farmers will have to contend with those who can't or won't grow a garden.

Now a garden is a great source for.fresh vegetables but where are you getting staples.like.flour and sugar and soap and a million other products we use every day.

How about meat. Chickens hogs and cows? They have to be fed too!

Not a simple scenario at all.

Maybe those who grew up in rural areas but not large metropolitan areas. But then those peaceful farmers will have to contend with those who can't or won't grow a garden.

Now a garden is a great source for.fresh vegetables but where are you getting staples.like.flour and sugar and soap and a million other products we use every day.

How about meat. Chickens hogs and cows? They have to be fed too!

Not a simple scenario at all.

I think there is some confusion here between survivability and life as we know it. Even given that, I don't see us or anyone we have coming up, being faced with total destruction from Carbon Emissions. The danger, if there is any, is too often politicized and contemporary scientist are too often revered as gods. They aren't. Scientists even as soon as 100 years from now, will laugh at them the same way they now laugh at scientist from the 70's who predicted n icy end for us. Geezz, if we can postulate terra forming Mars, we can certainly handle this blip in reporting.
Regards,
CP

Back
Top Bottom