• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For The Deniers

are you begining to believe that the right has lied to you about man made global warming

• yes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • no

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gfm7175; said:
How do you know it's "human-made"?

There is no such thing as a "greenhouse gas"... A colder gas cannot heat a warmer surface. That is attempting to make heat flow backwards, which is a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics...

No one uses fossils for fuel... They don't burn very well...

We need to eat.

So are you proposing a ban on beef consumption? That'll help out all of the starving people in this world HOW exactly?

CO2 isn't a problem... Global Warming is merely a buzzword... Much of the data presented for global warming is just a bunch of random numbers cooked by the religious practitioners of global warming...

Mate, you're arguing against an imaginary 2nd law of thermodynamics. Of course a colder body can radiate towards a warmer body. It's the NET flow of energy (from a warmer body to a cooler body) that matters. Or do you believe in magick intelligent photons?

Sheesh. Read a fricken' basic textbook on heat transfer.

Denying climate change is delusional and it may in fact be the biggest threat to human survival.

Ask yourself "What if we're wrong, what are the consequences of our stubborn denials about the effects man has on climate change and global warming?" "How will the planet be better if we continue on this path?"

What do you gain by denying climate change and what do you lose if you accept it as factual?

Even worse, he rejects the basic long established physics of the earth's natural 'greenhouse' effect. That's the equivalent of believing the earth is less than 10,000 years old or is flat.

I do believe we have been lied to about GW in that data has been manipulated and misused, but I voted No because I didn't think it was the 'right' doing the lying.

It's a huge conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of scientists and every major science institution on the planet lying to you, right?

gfm7175; said:
Atmospheric CO2 is not an issue... It can't warm the Earth... A colder gas cannot heat a warmer surface; that attempts to make heat flow backwards and denies the 2nd law of thermodynamics...

I sure have.

Okay.

Gases absorb a small amount, yes, but not nearly what you think they do.

There is no such thing as "greenhouse gas"...

Nobody burns fossils for fuel... They don't burn very well...

There is no such thing as a "greenhouse gas"...

Nobody burns fossils for fuel... There is no such thing as a "greenhouse gas"...

Trees are farmed... Our forests are just fine...

Are people and animals supposed to hold in their farts? This is ridiculous...

Correct, nobody uses fossils for fuel. Yes, I drive a gasoline powered vehicle.

Yes, I heat my home with natural gas. I also heat it with firewood during the winter.

There is no such thing as a "fossil fuel"... fossils don't burn... I do make use of oil and natural gas though, and yes, they power industry and are used for electricity and etc...

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try taking some basic science classes without your fingers stuck in your ears, or reading a couple of science textbooks with your eyes open. I suspect you will find that impossible.

Last edited:
It's a huge conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of scientists and every major science institution on the planet lying to you, right?

After I got lied to for a decade and a half that margarine was better for me than butter, and so I made the sacrifice, only to get told "OOPS, we were all wrong about that, it is actually the other way around, sorry not sorry" all bets were off.

The cholesterol and fat advice errors were even worse.

"If you must eat eggs then limit to 2 a week".

"Dont forget to include baked goods"

barf

After I got lied to for a decade and a half that margarine was better for me than butter, and so I made the sacrifice, only to get told "OOPS, we were all wrong about that, it is actually the other way around, sorry not sorry" all bets were off.

The cholesterol and fat advice errors were even worse.

"If you must eat eggs then limit to 2 a week".

"Dont forget to include baked goods"

barf

That's got nothing to do with earth sciences. But great. Just don't accept any science at all then. Why not try jumping off a tall building with no parachute because, you know, you just can't trust those physicists about gravity. They might be lying, and you could catch them out!

Apparently you are unaware that the overwhelming consilience of evidence for anthropogenic global warming is from many different lines of investigation across many different fields of science. It would be impossible to 'fake' it in some huge worldwide conspiracy.

That's great. Just don't accept any science at all then. Why not try jumping off a tall building with no parachute because, you know, you just can't trust those physicists about gravity. They might be lying, and you could catch them out!

Apparently you are unaware that the overwhelming consilience of evidence for anthropogenic global warming is from many different lines of investigation across many different fields of science. It would be very difficult to 'fake' in some huge conspiracy.

Dont lie to me and I will more more likely to trust and believe you down the road than if you do.

Especially when I am being asked/told to sacrifice.

Trust is a fragile thing, not to be squandered.

Last edited:
That's got nothing to do with earth sciences. But great. Just don't accept any science at all then. Why not try jumping off a tall building with no parachute because, you know, you just can't trust those physicists about gravity. They might be lying, and you could catch them out!

Apparently you are unaware that the overwhelming consilience of evidence for anthropogenic global warming is from many different lines of investigation across many different fields of science. It would be impossible to 'fake' it in some huge worldwide conspiracy.

It has to the geniuses becoming big time liars because they are not very good people and then acting shocked and amazed when they lose their credibility.

Science is in big trouble, and it is well earned, because it has become both corrupt and lazy.

Imagine where we would be today if people were heard saying "Sure people are big time liars know, but those scientists boy they tell it like it is fair and square, because that is what science is all about, that is what makes science great".

Food. For. Thought.

It has to the geniuses becoming big time liars because they are not very good people and then acting shocked and amazed when they lose their credibility.

Science is in big trouble, and it is well earned, because it has become both corrupt and lazy.

You clearly have much deeper problems than ignorance of science.

You clearly have much deeper problems than ignorance of science.

Your lack of willingness to engage or be civil indicates otherwise of course.

But off with you then, I would not want to waste our times.

I will keep looking.

Your lack of willingness to engage or be civil indicates otherwise of course.

But off with you then, I would not want to waste our times.

I will keep looking.

I think maybe you need to pay a professional to 'engage' with you.

but your also not able to adapt to a degree or two of warming. You must live in a controlled environment that prohibits the sun to shine on you and you have to have a constant temperature, or you die.

That's exactly what happens to the ecosystem and various species on and up the food chain. Humans can physically adapt to a change in temperature; plants, insects, waterways, and other sources of nutrition cannot. When they die off, our lives get harder.

Your gullibility makes it very easy for the 'right' to lie to you.

shrug...

Your abject willingness to believe...otherwise known as faith...makes it very easy for the "warmers" to lie to you.

yawn...

Instead of spouting nonsense, how about you rebut those top 10 lies?

shrug...

Your abject willingness to believe...otherwise known as faith...makes it very easy for the "warmers" to lie to you.

yawn...

Instead of spouting nonsense, how about you rebut those top 10 lies?

Faith is not evidence-based. Science is. Try to learn the difference.

Instead of gullibly and faithfully believing any old evidence-free nonsense you read on some conservative non-science website, how about you rebut every report/summary on global warming by all the major science institutions around the world and the hundreds of thousands of published research papers underlying them.

Then you can work on overturning the laws of physics.

Last edited:
Faith is not evidence-based. Science is. Try to learn the difference.

Instead of gullibly and faithfully believing any old evidence-free nonsense you read on some conservative non-science website, how about you rebut every report/summary on global warming by all the major science institutions around the world and the hundreds of thousands of published research papers underlying them.

Then you can work on overturning the laws of physics.

And yet, you STILL do not dispute the charges of lying.

Anyway, the faithful frequently trot out "evidence". It doesn't change the fact that their belief is based on faith.

And yet, you STILL do not dispute the charges of lying.

Anyway, the faithful frequently trot out "evidence". It doesn't change the fact that their belief is based on faith.

Overturned the laws of physics yet?

And STILL you don't dispute the charges of lying.

You are dismissed.

Your views were dismissed as nonsense with your first gullible post. You're way too easily fooled.

I hate to use the word "lie", because it serves to prevent reasonable discussion, just as calling someone a "denier". Why not just tell them to shut up and go away?

There is a lot of misdirection and placing blame in the wrong places, and there are a lot of people making a lot of money off "global change". The global weather system is always changing and always will - even when it's 4000 degrees out side a few billion years in the future, and a few million years ago when glaciers where parked on what is now the Great Lakes.

The real issue is the redirection of money into "global change prevention". There is no "prevention". The USA is too small and there is no proof that man is the cause. If the glaciers were still covering the Great Lakes, would the global change people still be calling for stopping it? Probably. That does not mean in the spirit of being a good housekeeper we can't recycle and conserve resources, but blaming people and spending their money on preventing or mitigating a natural process is a waste of money.

The jobs created are paid for in money drained out of the economic system and are basically "make work". We have a lot of better areas to put "make work" to work where it will do some good.

BTW, the global change folks never want to tell me what the want the climate to be.

Let's not forget our termite friends:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...be-emitting-dangerous-amounts-of-1394135.html

Well said. This guy is implying that Trump speaks for every conservative and is implying that Trump lied to his base. The left put way too much emphasis on Trump's every word, as if he is our dear leader and the right follows him like mindless drones. Trump has called it everything from a hoax to also stating most on the right's belief that the US is but only an insignificant dent in global temperature increases and that the US can actually do very little in controlling global temperature increases but of course the left continues to want to push only the hoax part. If we spent every dollar the left wants us to spend (trillions and trillions and trillions), global temperatures would still be increasing and all of that money spent would accomplish nothing much other than putting a very small dent in mother nature.

Mate, you're arguing against an imaginary 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Inversion Fallacy. YOU are doing this...

Of course a colder body can radiate towards a warmer body.
A colder body cannot warm an already warmer body. Heat does not flow backwards. Denial of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics...

It's the NET flow of energy (from a warmer body to a cooler body) that matters. Or do you believe in magick intelligent photons?
A colder body cannot warm an already warmer body...

Sheesh. Read a fricken' basic textbook on heat transfer.
Inversion Fallacy. Insult Fallacy.

Try taking some basic science classes without your fingers stuck in your ears, or reading a couple of science textbooks with your eyes open. I suspect you will find that impossible.
Inversion Fallacy. Insult Fallacy.

Try substantive reasoning next time...

Even worse, he rejects the basic long established physics of the earth's natural 'greenhouse' effect.
There is no "long established physics" of this... The "greenhouse effect" doesn't exist.

That's the equivalent of believing the earth is less than 10,000 years old or is flat.
No, it is not.

Why is global warming a political thing?
Because it is a good tool to "control the masses" with...

It should be about the science.
Global Warming is not science; It is a religion based on a circularly-defined buzzword. It is a void argument.

I don't see very many conservatives say evolution is false
Plenty of people reject evolution for one reason or another...

and most of them have accepted the science
Evolution is not science; it is a religion.

but when it comes to global warming they refuse to believe it.
Global Warming is also a religion; one based on a circularly-defined buzzword. It is a void argument.

Back
Top Bottom