• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For The Deniers

are you begining to believe that the right has lied to you about man made global warming

• yes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • no

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rickc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Are you begining to feel you were lied to about this man made global warming thing?

Are you begining to feel you were lied to about this man made global warming thing?
Not just that, but I'm beginning to think I was lied to about how important they think democracy is.

They don't care one bit about democracy, only power.

Are you beginning to feel you were lied to about this man made global warming thing?

Just like most of the world the majority of people on the right understand global warming is real. The only debate is the size of our impact and solutions.

anybody lying right left or center about it doesnt matter and they just look like the nutters they are:shrug:

No! When you are aware that if you don't turn down the heat in your house, the temp will rise in the house's atmosphere and realize that the heat released by the combined Earthly fuels burning has exactly the same effect on the Earth's atmosphere. From there it is just a Math problem with enormous positive loops.
/

The Right? It is the Left that constantly lies about Global Warming...

Don't know about what the right has said, but the left has constantly lied about man made global warming.

https://www.academia.org/the-top-10-global-warming-lies-of-the-left/

Seems a list of factual inaccuracies often repeated to prop up and spread the mythology / narrative.

Even if one were to the accept legitimacy of the science, in part or in whole (seems the alarmists have this habit of taking the worst case scenario, doubling it and using it as a median measure or something - as has been reported), there is still the issue of the recommended solutions, which invariably include the fleecing of the prosperous Western nations and redistributing that wealth where the UN or the climate change supports want it to go.

Just ask the Yellow Jackets in France and President Macron on how well that flies, and rightfully so, frankly.

nobody said anything about fixing it

or.paying.for.it

just believing man is a big part of

if the reports of.the impact are correct its going.to cost.plenty

nobody said anything about fixing it

or.paying.for.it

just believing man is a big part of

if the reports of.the impact are correct its going.to cost.plenty
If you believe, really believe, act now. Stop breathing and polluting the planet with CO2.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I think there is some merit to global warming, but the left has allowed the issue to become a marketing ploy. When an issue becomes more about how to make money off it than what the science really says, it becomes junk science. I see the same thing happening with "organic" agriculture. "Organic" is now a marketing term. It has virtually nothing to do with the purity and safety of the food you eat. What do you think "free range" chicken means? You have images of chickens roaming around the barnyard happily pecking away as nature intended.... it means the cage they live in 24/7 has a small window to the outside, open for at least an hour or so each day. Don't believe the hype. Those wonderful new blue light, short wave length LED bulbs you just converted all your lighting over to will prevent your body from making melatonin and eventually give you cateracts and macular degeneration. Keep the old incandescent lights and use a dimmer when you turn them on in the evening. Do a search for "night light" on your Windows 10 and use the blue light filter after 8PM. (Microsoft knows about the dangers of blue light and has provided a way to block it. Use "Night Light").

I think there is some merit to global warming, but the left has allowed the issue to become a marketing ploy. When an issue becomes more about how to make money off it than what the science really says, it becomes junk science. I see the same thing happening with "organic" agriculture. "Organic" is now a marketing term. It has virtually nothing to do with the purity and safety of the food you eat. What do you think "free range" chicken means? You have images of chickens roaming around the barnyard happily pecking away as nature intended.... it means the cage they live in 24/7 has a small window to the outside, open for at least an hour or so each day. Don't believe the hype. Those wonderful new blue light, short wave length LED bulbs you just converted all your lighting over to will prevent your body from making melatonin and eventually give you cateracts and macular degeneration. Keep the old incandescent lights and use a dimmer when you turn them on in the evening. Do a search for "night light" on your Windows 10 and use the blue light filter after 8PM. (Microsoft knows about the dangers of blue light and has provided a way to block it. Use "Night Light").
Green energy is just starting to become cheaper than the alternative, even with the subsidies the fossil fuel industry gets.

Not soon enough perhaps, if climate change is as impending as is said.

I'd like to see fossil fuels compete on an even playing field in an actual "free market", no subsidies.
They'd get crushed, and justifiably so.

If you believe, really believe, act now. Stop breathing and polluting the planet with CO2.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
That isn't the issue.

Never has been.

Animals breathing, I mean.

Green energy is just starting to become cheaper than the alternative, even with the subsidies the fossil fuel industry gets.

Not soon enough perhaps, if climate change is as impending as is said.

I'd like to see fossil fuels compete on an even playing field in an actual "free market", no subsidies.
They'd get crushed, and justifiably so.

OK, let's try to be objective.

Green energy also gets subsidies. The subsidy for buying a green car, for example, can be thousands of dollars. My utility and my state subsidize solar panels, solar hot water, and lighting. Insulation improvements have been subsidized in the past, and no interest loans for these things offered by the state. Green gets it's share of subsidies.

Do you know fossil energy producers on government land and offshore pay substantial royalties for the privilege? Last time I checked it was something like the third largest source of income for state and federal coffers.

But yes, it would be nice to see everything, everywhere, on a level playing field. So let's eliminate ALL subsidies and see how it goes.

How much of a percentage reduction in CO2 would there be if ALL US cars were electric? I honestly don't know that answer, but Australia estimates it would only be a 4% reduction there.

The big picture looks kinda bleak, though. About every 30 years the economy doubles. The US population will hit 400 million in a few years. Billions of people around the globe have been lifted out of poverty; they all want the typical American lifestyle, new cars, air conditioning, meat at every meal, health care, new clothes, and everything else that goes with it. IMO, we will need every kind of energy we can produce, whether fossil or green, just to keep up. The ONLY thing that will save our planet in the long run is population control and getting off the "growth" model as being the only way to measure economic success. If we don't control population and adopt a sustainable economic system the planet will be fine; but we humans will be back in the Dark Ages.

The free range thing is true, but a lot of people do their research (like myself) and know which fruits and vegetables you actually need/want to be organic. Factory farming is the single biggest cause of humanity's contribution to climate change, so I choose to be vegan. The chemicals that can be found in our food and water are pretty alarming. We're all guinea pigs for the world's most massive and destructive corporations, whether it's LED light bulbs or genetically modified food. We'd fight it, but they control the government, so it's one of those things.

Other than a few far right whackos, the right does not deny global warming. Their position is that man has little to do with it and has little to do with fixing it. Even the so called liberal and scientific experts want to limit the amount of temperature rises, meaning they realize that global warming is going to increase no matter what we do, which is the position of the majority of the right.

However, you should read this link https://www.apnews.com/5fb26d010ff54e3ba9d3a45fe7112214 and put it in your pipe and smoke it. It says that CO2 emissions are rising again at an extremely fast rate and gives several booby prizes to countries for this and, guess what? The US isn't even listed. How can we fight global warming without the help of EVERYONE?

Meanwhile, in France, liberals are protesting increased taxes on fossil fuels - enough so that the liberal French government, you know, the country where Paris is located, have postponed the increased taxes on fossil fuels.

It's not so much 'lied' to us by the right, it's more denial of scientific facts.

The free range thing is true, but a lot of people do their research (like myself) and know which fruits and vegetables you actually need/want to be organic. Factory farming is the single biggest cause of humanity's contribution to climate change, so I choose to be vegan. The chemicals that can be found in our food and water are pretty alarming. We're all guinea pigs for the world's most massive and destructive corporations, whether it's LED light bulbs or genetically modified food. We'd fight it, but they control the government, so it's one of those things.

Animal agriculture is the second largest contributor to human-made greenhouse gas emissions after fossil fuels and is a leading cause of deforestation, water and air pollution and biodiversity loss. 70 billion animals are raised annually for human consumption, a third of the planet’s ice-free land surface, as well as nearly sixteen percent of global freshwater, is devoted to growing livestock. Cattle are by far the biggest source of emissions from animal agriculture, a recent study shows that in an average American diet, beef consumption creates 1,984 pounds of CO2e annually.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-22-at-9.52.38-AM-2.jpg

It's not so much 'lied' to us by the right, it's more denial of scientific facts.

Facts aren't universal truths, nor are they proofs. Facts are shorthand predicate accepted by all participants of any particular conversation. That's all facts are. Facts can be wrong and still be facts. "God exists" may or may not be a fact, depending upon the participants in the particular discussion at hand... Facts are used to speed up conversation.

There is nothing scientific about global warming. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Global Warming isn't falsifiable. It isn't even definable in a way which isn't a circular definition... It is a buzzword, and a religion based on a void argument.

Global Warming proponents are the real "science deniers" because they deny various laws of science, including the laws of thermodynamics and the stefan-boltzman law...

Animal agriculture is the second largest contributor to human-made
How do you know it's "human-made"?

greenhouse gas emissions
There is no such thing as a "greenhouse gas"... A colder gas cannot heat a warmer surface. That is attempting to make heat flow backwards, which is a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics...

after fossil fuels
No one uses fossils for fuel... They don't burn very well...

and is a leading cause of deforestation, water and air pollution and biodiversity loss. 70 billion animals are raised annually for human consumption, a third of the planet’s ice-free land surface, as well as nearly sixteen percent of global freshwater, is devoted to growing livestock.
We need to eat.

Cattle are by far the biggest source of emissions from animal agriculture, a recent study shows that in an average American diet, beef consumption creates 1,984 pounds of CO2e annually.
So are you proposing a ban on beef consumption? That'll help out all of the starving people in this world HOW exactly?

CO2 isn't a problem... Global Warming is merely a buzzword... Much of the data presented for global warming is just a bunch of random numbers cooked by the religious practitioners of global warming...

Are you beginning to feel you were lied to about this man made global warming thing?

I hate to use the word "lie", because it serves to prevent reasonable discussion, just as calling someone a "denier". Why not just tell them to shut up and go away?

There is a lot of misdirection and placing blame in the wrong places, and there are a lot of people making a lot of money off "global change". The global weather system is always changing and always will - even when it's 4000 degrees out side a few billion years in the future, and a few million years ago when glaciers where parked on what is now the Great Lakes.

The real issue is the redirection of money into "global change prevention". There is no "prevention". The USA is too small and there is no proof that man is the cause. If the glaciers were still covering the Great Lakes, would the global change people still be calling for stopping it? Probably. That does not mean in the spirit of being a good housekeeper we can't recycle and conserve resources, but blaming people and spending their money on preventing or mitigating a natural process is a waste of money.

The jobs created are paid for in money drained out of the economic system and are basically "make work". We have a lot of better areas to put "make work" to work where it will do some good.

BTW, the global change folks never want to tell me what the want the climate to be.

Let's not forget our termite friends:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...be-emitting-dangerous-amounts-of-1394135.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom