• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Some Reluctant Trump Voters, His Handling of the Coronavirus Was The Last Straw

I voted for Trump in 2016, and I will vote for him again in 2020. I don't like the man, his personality/demeanor stinks. But his record for doing the right thing is as good as any elected official in history. Not bad for a first-timer running for office.

For Some Reluctant Trump Voters, His handling of the Coronavirus Was The Last Straw

I voted for Trump in 2016, and I will vote for him again in 2020. I don't like the man, his personality/demeanor stinks. But his record for doing the right thing is as good as any elected official in history. Not bad for a first-timer running for office.

Substantiating my point wrt this topic, I think President Trump's "handling" of this calamity has been as good as can be expected from anyone. You can't pin the "handling" of a crisis of this magnitude on one person. The state I live in - the elected officials are all Democrats and they have made good/difficult decisions, given the enormity of the situation. Health wise we have been spared. The economy will take a severe hit, as we are very tourism dependent. I wish we had a better balance of service sector/manufacturing sector. Trump is the only elected official who is willing to take on the Chinese domination in manufacturing. I think, in the next year or two, people will look back at President Trump and say (once again):
"He was right!"

Last edited:
Trump was always going to be blamed for the way covid entered america and it was probably already there long before anyone heard about it, if he was at fault then so are most of the leaders of all the bigger western countries in the world that have been badly affected, however I dont see those other countries media hammering their leaders like the press does to Trump, if you cant support your elected leader even if you have not voted for him or her then you dont deserve to have the country you think you deserve.
How the hell does a leader run a country when he is hounded 24/7 by the media and government opposition relentlessly.

You are wrong there. Search back in my posts. I'm long on record of criticizing Trump. So not a so called 'cult member' (or is it that anyone that has an opinion differing from your own is immediately a 'cult member'?)

So that's a fail to accuse me of something you'd like, which isn't backed up by reality.

So far, in this exchange, you've been the insulting one.

Again, offering up another perspective to balance out your own is a problem for you?

Backing up inconvenient truths is a problem for you?

Speaking of reality, why not come back and re-join it sometime?

You know what? Forget it. Not worth my time.

This is Linc you're talking to. He's going to be stuck either calling you a cultist, making silly insinuations about some far-right wing conspiracy that he's through up.

And if he can't do that, he'll just weasel out and run.

Your low leadership standards have been noted.

Your low leadership standards have been noted.
It was either Trump or the scandal-plagued Democrat.
What's that old saying: "least dirty shirt in the laundry". "lesser of two evils". etc :wink:
Let's face it, if it wasn't for the Democrats snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory, my "leadership standards" wouldn't be in question.

Last edited:
This is Linc you're talking to. He's going to be stuck either calling you a cultist, making silly insinuations about some far-right wing conspiracy that he's through up.

Willing to give anyone a chance, but you appear to be accurate in your description.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Apparently so, and spot on. Since my last reply, not a word back. But then, I'm kinda glad about that, and not sure that I'd response even if he did.

Cheers! And best wishes. :beer:

It was either Trump or the scandal-plagued Democrat.
What's that old saying: "least dirty shirt in the laundry". "lesser of two evils". etc :wink:
Let's face it, if it wasn't for the Democrats snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory, my "leadership standards" wouldn't be in question.

Lol

You blame the Dems for your low leadership standards that's a new one

Lol

You blame the Dems for your low leadership standards that's a new one

No. The "leadership standards" is in quotes - you're the one who coined that term. If Hilary Clinton had won the Presidency, no one would be talking about Donald Trump and you wouldn't be responding to me with your "leadership standards" term.

No. The "leadership standards" is in quotes - you're the one who coined that term. If Hilary Clinton had won the Presidency, no one would be talking about Donald Trump and you wouldn't be responding to me with your "leadership standards" term.

Your assuming an awful lot, most of it incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom