• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(For Republicans) Should Romney resign?

Should Romney resign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Romney is a sell out piece of **** who takes every chance he can get to sell his party out.But at the end of days its his constituents job to determine whether or not he should be removed.
Absolutely. I wonder if there’s any Utah folks here. Be interesting to see what they think.

I think Romney is a sell out piece of **** who takes every chance he can get to sell his party out.But at the end of days its his constituents job to determine whether or not he should be removed.

He exactly encapsulates the lying cuck legacy Republicans, they who claim values....lecture others about morals......as they oozed snake slime.

Romney serves as a useful reminder of why America gave up on the Republicans, and followed Trump to take over the party from these twats who constantly betrayed their followers and the nation.

It would be easier to believe Romney voted his conscience if there wasn't a record of multiple op-eds by Romney where as a sitting senator chose to use his poison pen to viscerate a sitting president of his own party. The same people "never-Trumpland" and the "Resistance" that praised Romney for his vote are the same characters that praised him for his op-eds while the overwhelming majority of Republicans expressed disdain for his actions.

A few months back Romney was caught with a fake twitter account where he went by the name Pierre Delecto where in that account he would bash Trump personally and slam his policies. I think it was the Atlantic that broke the story.

It is just being reported that the head of the Republican party in Utah has requested a meeting with Romney and he is currently back in Utah.

I found this: Utah lawmaker files bill to censure Mitt Romney over Trump impeachment vote - The Salt Lake Tribune

I think you Trump supporters have a hard time identifying what an act of good conscience is anymore. Possibly it's due to 3 plus years of rationalizing the actions of a man that lacks one.

I think that if you're posting to me, you should recognize that I am only one person with my own opinions and beliefs. But tell me: Was Romney acting in good conscience when he kissed up to Trump for the Sec/State position after being a "never-Trumper"?

Only the most mindless, most ridiculous, most blind of the hyperpartisans would claim Romney should resign.

Only the most mindless, most ridiculous, most blind of the hyperpartisans would claim Romney should resign.

He should get honest and switch parties.....there is no place for cucks of the Left in the new R party....we are all done with that.

He should get honest and switch parties.....there is no place for cucks of the Left in the new R party....we are all done with that.

He's not a liberal. I mean, yeah, he's not a neo-con, not part of the alt-right, but he is on the right.

I see where some are calling for it. But if he truly voted his conscience on the articles of impeachment is that what we should want -- impartial judgment?

Let the voters in his state decide if they are happy with him or not. In the mean time Romney best hope he doesn't need any favors from Republicans.

He's not a liberal. I mean, yeah, he's not a neo-con, not part of the alt-right, but he is on the right.

The old right......everything has changed.....he is part of the discredited and mostly deposed for cause old Right. Sure I know that the Left does not want him either.

I voted no in the poll but if you asked me if Romney should switch to the Democrat party it would be a def affimative. He has no businese calling himself a Republican.

I see where some are calling for it. But if he truly voted his conscience on the articles of impeachment is that what we should want -- impartial judgment?

Romney is Utah's problem, they may or may not deal with it.

The old right......everything has changed.....he is part of the discredited and mostly deposed for cause old Right. Sure I know that the Left does not want him either.

lol

Some interesting marching orders there.

lol

Some interesting marching orders there.

Romney was imagining that he was getting ready to offer himself up to save America after the collapse of Trump, and now almost no one wants him around in any capacity....what a kick in the head that has to be!

He deserves it....what a useless twat he has been for a very long time.

Romney is Utah's problem, they may or may not deal with it.

Our crap Congress is everyone's problem, and Romney is a part of that very low quality...so no.

We have to do better.

Let Utah deal with Romney. He's their baby, let them clean up his puke.

True. Romney is Utah's Senator, they elected him, and it is up to the Utah voters to not re-elect him to office if they so chose. :shrug:

I voted no in the poll, but I don't think Romney voted his conscience. Luther's right; it's up to the Utah GOP and the people who elected him to deal with him and his representation of them.

I also voted no.

Romney is basically an honest and decent guy (in spite of the false excoriation over false controversies from the left during the campaign against Obama), a rarity in DC (although the voters should really demand that it shouldn't be), although about as milquetoast a person as you could possibly imagine.

He voted his conscious. He voted on his judgement, although I may not agree with it or them. Above all, he stood up and was counted for his conscious and his judgement, again, a rarity in DC.

Those of the right that are demanding his resignation or ejection from the GOP caucus are as bad as liberals and the cancel culture they've nurtured and supported. They are almost as bad a the hypocritical liberals who destroyed him with their usual smear, crap allegations during the campaign against Obama. Liberals and leftists are the very definition of hypocrites.

This entire Trump era is going to be washed away just like the Nixon and Wallace eras and Mitt Romney, even though he lost in his bid for president, is going to come out looking like a champ.

I give the man credit for integrity.

Alright, he is a politician so we know that he is more than likely lying about voting his conscience. I ask, how many times in the past has he voted against a republican issue due to his conscience. I can bet----never! A rat is a rat.

Romney was imagining that he was getting ready to offer himself up to save America after the collapse of Trump, and now almost no one wants him around in any capacity....what a kick in the head that has to be!

He deserves it....what a useless twat he has been for a very long time.

It's always useful to have those who would dissent within the party. It could be hard for some hive-mind fascists to understand why, but dissent is always necessary.

I prefer he doesn't resign so we can watch Trump own him until his state tosses him out on his rooftop dog carrying ass.

Alright, he is a politician so we know that he is more than likely lying about voting his conscience. I ask, how many times in the past has he voted against a republican issue due to his conscience. I can bet----never! A rat is a rat.
Your response got me wondering how many of the other Republican Senators likewise were voting their conscience which was guided by their religious beliefs. Of course that’s a discussion for another thread.

I voted no, and if this poll is any indication, I'm pleased to see that my party doesn't enforce purity tests.

Romney is an interesting case. I dont think he voted guility because he does not like Trump but i do think his anti-trump bigotry colored his opinion.
I base my opinion on that same interview. He said he wanted more witnesses so that they vould prove Trumps innonence. That tells me he presumes Trump is guility in the absence of proof that he is not. He never said that the democrats proved he was guility. According to his logic the burden of proof is on the defense. That is a prejudice against the defendant.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You flat out nailed my biggest problem with every single House and Senate member who voted in favor of the impeachment in any capacity: in this country a base premise is that an individual is innocent until proven guilty.

The above argument has never been overcome by anyone, which is why this entire thing is nothing but partisan politics, and the continued shredding of our nation. Romney stepped into this big pile of steaming bovine feces big time, and I do hope his career ends because of it.

But as I posted, it is out of my hands. For the time being he counts in the R column, so I will take his support out of necessity. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Romney getting lots of heat in home state. Bill floating to censor him.

Romney getting lots of heat in home state. Bill floating to censor him.
I saw that. But will the momentum continue through next week? I have my doubts.

For the 1 in a 100 chance that Romney was sincere, no he shouldn't resign.

Back
Top Bottom