• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Republicans, bigotry is the new normal[W:60]

Re: For Republicans, bigotry is the new normal

Oh, has he said any of these things during his current campaign ?

Carson used to refer patients for abortions. Does that sound like the Carson currently running for office, or is it maybe a little unfair to expect people to never change over time ?

Those Trump-bashers are the same people...for the most part...who bashed your glorious Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Hillary and others who have "evolved".

I've noticed how much you contribute that's relevant. :lol:

I've noticed how much you contribute that is irrelevant.

I never said people can't change, I only pointed out that Trump was a life long Democrat until recently. Which you disputed and now look silly for.

I'm not so sure. It seems that Trump has shown himself to be a republican now. You can tell because he's running (and succeeding so far) in the republican party's own primaries.

Those Trump-bashers are the same people...for the most part...who bashed your glorious Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Hillary and others who have "evolved".

I don't understand what you mean and i'm even less sure that what you mean could be relevant.

This is an editorial by an idiot leftist who works for the Washington Post. Please come up with something new, they been saying crap like this for 40 years. No intelligence here, move on

You expected better from David?

I'd say a party is in free fall when the GOP candidates openly spew some of the most vile garbage I've seen in an election, continuing to alienate minorities.

Not so much different than the democrats spewing vile hatred and alienation towards the 1%. Difference is...it's just fashionable to hate on rich people.

Th majority of white Americans vote for the Republicans. Will be the same next election

So the least bigoted group in America is now being called bigoted.

To the Washington Post. Go out and find ten members of a each ethnic/racial/religious groups in the USA . Give them a tolerance test. Hint...I bet that white people are much more tolerant than Blacks, Aboriginals, Muslims, Hispanics....groups that support the Democrats.

You should take a look back through the thread history here. Do you have any idea at all how often some members of the political left have labeled republicans, conservatives, the Tea Party and everyone else on the right as bigoted here?

aside from one or two a-holes (there are some on both sides), exactly never

Moderator's Warning:
The topic is not each other or other posters. Knock off discussing or inviting to discuss each other.

The GOP is not full of hatred like most people try to think... Both parties have people who discriminate, argue over etc.. but the thing people have to remember is that no one human is the same.. Everyone thinks differently.

The parties themselves have soooo many different sectors it's unbelievable.. The GOP has the moderates, the establishment, the conservative, the libertarians (some consider themselves GOP, others say the Libertarian Party), the tea party conservatives, and the far right. I do believe you are more likely than not to get more discriminatory beliefs from people from the far-right, but most honestly believe that way... French government officials like Marine LePen are the same way.. she is the leader of her father's party the "National Front" which believes in some anti-immigration stances, and is VERY much against allowing Syrian refugees into France.

And most people in the Republican Party's center and establishment wing who don't want Syrians in the US, is not necessarily because they don't want them here, but because they are scared after France's terrorist attacks, and the San Bernardino attack in California, as the more right-wing members simply don't want them here because they "shouldn't be here".... but how different is it from allowing Cuban's over the border who have escaped Communist Cuba? They have a right to be here, per US laws. Anyone coming from foreign countries from refuge, communism, etc. is technically allowed here under US law.

As having Cuban heritage, I feel honored that the US took in my great grandparents from the dictatorship of Fidel Castro, and into a free democratic America. Why should the Syrian's (who comprise of mostly innocent families), have to be treated with such hatred and disgust. America used to be such a welcoming place, which is why people wanted to come here, and now it's been damaged. It's time we change our attitude for the better.

aside from one or two a-holes (there are some on both sides), exactly never

I won't characterize the thread, then. Uh oh. I might have already done that. I'll just get out my big eraser here...

I won't characterize the thread, then. Uh oh. I might have already done that. I'll just get out my big eraser here...

no need for an eraser. You haven't characterized this thread

Mischaracterized, on the other hand, is a different thing.

no need for an eraser. You haven't characterized this thread

Mischaracterized, on the other hand, is a different thing.

I believe I've characterized it correctly. I also believe the Steelers will beat Denver tomorrow, so you'll have to check back with me on Monday. I could recant everything I've ever said and become a liberal.

I could recant everything I've ever said and become a liberal.

That would require some wisdom. Not sure the weekend is long enough. Maybe you should schedule this for xmas week

There is nothing new about bigotry in the Republican Party.

That would require some wisdom. Not sure the weekend is long enough. Maybe you should schedule this for xmas week

If you insist. I'll pencil in wisdom for Wednesday. I like the alliteration.

Back
Top Bottom