• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For folks on the right. With all of the lies trump has told, how do you keep supporting him?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Send money for the wall, send money for my defense, send money because I'm asking you to send money because as a billionaire I need your money to pay for the....fill in the blank. He is under investigation from several directions before the documents incident.

If you support trump at this point I have only one question, why?

In a personality cult, cultists support the leader on faith, unequivocally, completely independently of and uninfluencred by any actions the cult leader might take. MAGA is a personality cult, so the cultists can see zero wrong, zero liability in anything Donald Trump says or does. Since remainingi in MAGA is their only priority—more important than their family, more important than thsir own personal integrity—and saying anything that might be perceived as disloyal could get them kicked out, none of the cultists will say an offending word toward their leader.

Send money for the wall, send money for my defense, send money because I'm asking you to send money because as a billionaire I need your money to pay for the....fill in the blank. He is under investigation from several directions before the documents incident.

It is because he tells them "alternative facts", not lies. They are the alternative facts they believe in and want to have been true.

I predict a lot of whataboutism in this thread.

Do you all ever grow tired of your relentless attacks on him or feel any shame for your behavior?

Imagine the amount of manufactured hatred of the opposition, which is their fellow Americans, it takes to side with that vile criminal p.o.s. at all costs to the country. These people!:rolleyes: Law and order!

In my area, the south, it's because a bunch of white men my age feel like they are going to regain their god-given rank in our societal hierarchy.

In a personality cult, cultists support the leader on faith, unequivocally, completely independently of and uninfluencred by any actions the cult leader might take. MAGA is a personality cult, so the cultists can see zero wrong, zero liability in anything Donald Trump says or does. Since remainingi in MAGA is their only priority—more important than their family, more important than thsir own personal integrity—and saying anything that might be perceived as disloyal could get them kicked out, none of the cultists will say an offending word toward their leader.
Has there ever been a cult that wasn't a death cult?

Who other than a Trump cultist has ever said they're prepared to give their lives for politics? I've never seen such a thing here. Even the Civil War was fought for a tangible reason. The Trump cult resembles Jim Jones.

In my area, the south, it's because a bunch of white men my age feel like they are going to regain their god-given rank in our societal hierarchy.
And there's a bit of that Daddy thing down there too, right? Where even grown men still call their fathers Daddy? No offense, just trying to confirm what I've heard. Trumps fits the bill for them emotionally.

well said......................MAGAS are willing to risk all to defend the cult: we have seen this. How sad.

Trump’s More Than 30,000 lies while in office — and the RINO GOP has yet to stop lying.

Do you all ever grow tired of your relentless attacks on him or feel any shame for your behavior?
He is the leader of the GOP, what do you expect. I do not see that the GOP ever stopped attacking Obama and now Biden and yet the seem not to feel shame. I mean people on the right still say Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim. And of course a lot of the attacks are brought on by Trump's own actions. Don't try to continually lie, overturn an election and do not steal government documents and fail to give them back when asked. I know many of Trump people feel he is above the law, but if he is, then there is no law.

Back
Top Bottom