• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Christians

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Are you proud to be a Christian?

I think that "proud to be a Christian" isn't the way to look at it, but I DO take pride in trying my very best to do what is right in God's eyes. My insurmountable failures in that regard are what keeps me humble and realizing my need for Jesus' sacrifice...

hmmmmmmmm "Proud"..... I was gonna say "yes, I guess" but then paying closer attention . .

PROUD
1.feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.
2. having or showing a high or excessively high opinion of oneself or one's importance.

I guess im not 1 or 2 since i dont feel its an achievement....

i guess im just christian and its part of me and im not ashamed. In real life it basically never comes up and on here it only comes up when its topic, question, poll related.

I am honored to carry His name and be able to witness for Him and His son, Jesus Christ...may my boasting always be free from any suggestion of self-righteousness, never do I desire to boast in myself but, as David said, “in Jehovah”​...

"I will boast in Jehovah;
The meek will hear and rejoice." Psalm 34:2

"But may I never boast, except in the torture stake of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been put to death with regard to me and I with regard to the world." Galatians 6:14

Are you equally unashamed to believe Noah's flood as a literal event ?

Even if I believe it to be literal - why should I be ashamed for what I believe?
Why should I be ashamed for my faith?

it would be like me asking you......

You think scientists are ashamed of their profession when their theories are proven wrong????
Do you feel ashamed for believing in those theories that were proven wrong? :mrgreen:

Actually, it's ignorant atheists - and this forum is full of them - who should feel ashamed for spouting off and debating, armed with nothing but their ignorance in a.......... FORUM!

Man, it's one thing to shoot the breeze.....but to get into a debate with nothing to support you????

Anyone with an ounce of gray matter between his ears........

....... would be ashamed to identify as an ATHEIST
:lol:

- UNLESS, he's claiming that he's an atheists simply by FAITH!

A Christian has the Authority of his God (Bible) to back him up. Science says....."it's possible."

On the other hand, an atheist has......squat!

The least a non-believer can do, is to say he's agnostic.
That would be the sensible stance for a non-believer.

Last edited:
Nah...not really into the the Christian Gothic thing.

Well, I'm not asking what you're into, or not. I'm simply responding to your question in the OP!

Well, I'm not asking what you're into, or not. I'm simply responding to your question in the OP!

Actually you asked a question, which I responded to Can you not remember your own post?

Actually you asked a question, which I responded to Can you not remember your own post?

Is this the kind of "proud" you mean?

Well.....you didn't answer that! Read your reply!
You said no.....but then, you just had to add more, didn't ya? You just had to muddle a simple Q&A.
It doesn't make any sense! :lol:

How's "what you're into," an answer to it?

Last edited:
I think that "proud to be a Christian" isn't the way to look at it, but I DO take pride in trying my very best to do what is right in God's eyes. My insurmountable failures in that regard are what keeps me humble and realizing my need for Jesus' sacrifice...

The term "proud" can have a negative connotation. Let's just say I'm not ashamed to say I'm a Christian.

^^ No more needs be said ^^ :thumbs:

Is this the kind of "proud" you mean?

Well.....you didn't answer that! Read your reply!
You said no.....but then, you just had to add more, didn't ya? You just had to muddle a simple Q&A.
It doesn't make any sense! :lol:

How's "what you're into," an answer to it?

So you admit you made a mistake and indeed asked a question in that post...try to pay closer attention to what you ask for the future...thanks

So you admit you made a mistake and indeed asked a question in that post...try to pay closer attention to what you ask for the future...thanks

EH???? You got problems comprehending? Lol.

If you'd just answered no - that would've been fine.

But like I said - you muddled it up by your illogical add-on. It damaged your "no"......and made your response incoherent! GOTHIC???? She's "goth?" Just because she's dressed black? :lamo

Imagine how that silly add-on really whacked you good?

Heck, how should I know what you're on about! :lol:

Let this be a lesson that applies to some folks like you:

the lesser you say, the better.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Pride in oneself is not a good thing...

The Hebrew verb ga·ʼahʹ literally means “grow tall; get high” and is the root of a number of Hebrew words conveying the idea of pride. These related forms are rendered “haughtiness,” “self-exaltation,” and, in both good and bad senses, “eminence,” and “superiority.”​—Job 8:11; Eze 47:5; Isa 9:9; Pr 8:13; Ps 68:34; Am 8:7.

Pride should therefore be rooted out of one’s personality for one’s own benefit. More important, it must be done if a person hopes to please God. One must even come to hate it, for God’s Word says: “The fear of Jehovah means the hating of bad. Self-exaltation and pride and the bad way and the perverse mouth I have hated.”​—Pr 8:13.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003552

EH???? You got problems comprehending? Lol.

If you'd just answered no - that would've been fine.

But like I said - you muddled it up by your illogical add-on. It damaged your "no"......and made your response incoherent! How should I know what you're on about! :lol:

Maybe a simple,elementary, remediate reading comprehension course would help you in that endeavor ?

Im proud to be a Christian as defined as one who has a relationship with God without taking into account any organized religion.

Im proud to be a Christian as defined as one who has a relationship with God without taking into account any organized religion.

That doesn't even make sense. Christianity is an "organized religion" (despite any evidence to the contrary.)

Proud isn't the right term. Thankful is more like it. Thankful that God has given me the ability to discern His truth and accept His gift.

Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one.

John 10: 24-30

Proud isn't the right term. Thankful is more like it. Thankful that God has given me the ability to discern His truth and accept His gift.

Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one.

John 10: 24-30

I think the term that best fits this is not pride or being proud it is being unabashed.

Kinda reminds me of a sign outside a church I used to attend: "Father X, humble priest".

Except he was anything but humble.He was actually a total douchebag.

You know, this doesn't pass the sniff test. A priest might call himself by the name of his office, such as "Rector", "Curate", "Vicar", but I can't believe a Bishop would allow sign that says "humble priest" to stand.

Absolutely and unashamed.

Back
Top Bottom