• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Christians

You know, this doesn't pass the sniff test. A priest might call himself by the name of his office, such as "Rector", "Curate", "Vicar", but I can't believe a Bishop would allow sign that says "humble priest" to stand.

I'd have to see it to believe it.

I'm a Christian but I don't rub it in people's faces.

Im proud to be a Christian as defined as one who has a relationship with God without taking into account any organized religion.

Do you realize that that is heresy ?

A Christian does not have an individual relationship with god...a Christian belongs to an organized religion (Christianity) that recognizes Jesus as divine, god from god.

There are many denominations of Christianity - the biggest being the Roman Catholic church which launched a holy crusade on a religion that professed to guide its members to a direct (and individual) relationship with god. Such a relationship made the priesthood redundant.

So no, there are no true Christian church that claims to establish a direct relationship with god for its members.

Do you realize that that is heresy ?

A Christian does not have an individual relationship with god...a Christian belongs to an organized religion (Christianity) that recognizes Jesus as divine, god from god.

There are many denominations of Christianity - the biggest being the Roman Catholic church which launched a holy crusade on a religion that professed to guide its members to a direct (and individual) relationship with god. Such a relationship made the priesthood redundant.

So no, there are no true Christian church that claims to establish a direct relationship with god for its members.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

It was a Byzantine Catholic parish in Indianapolis, the Bishop (Eparch) was in Parma,OH. The sign was one of the least of the problems that arose with this priest. He's now deceased. My sister was the parish secretary, and his behavior toward her grew so bad she eventually left the Catholic Church altogether because she reported his bad behavior to the Eparchy and it fell on deaf ears. She now attends an Orthodox church. Which is really sad because she'sone of the most devout people I know.

Last edited:
It was a Byzantine Catholic parish in Indianapolis, the Bishop (Eparch) was in Parma,OH. The sign was one of the least of the problems that arose with this priest. He's now deceased. My sister was the parish secretary, and his behavior toward her grew so bad she eventually left the Catholic Church altogether because she reported his bad behavior to the Eparchy and it fell on deaf ears. She now attends an Orthodox church. Which is really sad because she'sone of the most devout people I know.

Bishops do make Episcopal visits, you know.

So your sister had a falling out with this guy? That happens everywhere. I'm with Nota, I'd have to see it to believe it.

Bishops do make Episcopal visits, you know.

So your sister had a falling out with this guy? That happens everywhere. I'm with Nota, I'd have to see it to believe it.

And we also know Bishops sometimes ignore or sweep things under the rug. The Eparch visited about once a year, but nothing was ever done,at least officially.

And we also know Bishops sometimes ignore or sweep things under the rug. The Eparch visited about once a year, but nothing was ever done,at least officially.

I've heard people say that but I have never seen it myself. Y

Back
Top Bottom