• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For anti-maskers who claim medical exemptions for entering stores!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have seen a bunch of Youtube videos of anti-maskers demanding to enter stores stating that they have medical problems and that the ADA does not require them to give the reason or provide proof. I guess what they have failed to learn about the ADA is that it does allow the stores to provide "reasonable accommodations". So if the store provides a person the right to give the store a list or do so on line and the store will do the shopping and deliver the goods to the person at the front or even to their home, the store can keep you from entering the store and not be afraid of being sued or having the government intervene. Sorry, but you can keep coming to the stores and threatening the employees, but they can legally keep you out without a mask if they are providing a reasonable accommodation, i.e., alternative. The store and the employees may actually be able sue you for threatening them, so beware.

I have no patience left for ant-mask idiots. Fine them into poverty.

Today's anti-maskers were yesterday's anti-vaxxers... and the ideology is an embarrassment for this nation.

I have no patience left for ant-mask idiots. Fine them into poverty.

Just best to keep your distance from them. Min 6'

A co worker of mine claimed early on in the pandemic the virus wasn't dangerous and he would never get it because he is a physical specimen. When they mandated mask wearing at work he initially refused to comply because he said he had breathing issues.

I have seen a bunch of Youtube videos of anti-maskers demanding to enter stores stating that they have medical problems and that the ADA does not require them to give the reason or provide proof. I guess what they have failed to learn about the ADA is that it does allow the stores to provide "reasonable accommodations". So if the store provides a person the right to give the store a list or do so on line and the store will do the shopping and deliver the goods to the person at the front or even to their home, the store can keep you from entering the store and not be afraid of being sued or having the government intervene. Sorry, but you can keep coming to the stores and threatening the employees, but they can legally keep you out without a mask if they are providing a reasonable accommodation, i.e., alternative. The store and the employees may actually be able sue you for threatening them, so beware.

What does the store do when it's their own employees who are the anti-maskers?

I went to a local dollar store yesterday. They had two cashiers on duty when I went to check out. BOTH of them were maskless. BOTH of them were under the age of 30. When I asked, BOTH of them said the Governor said they don't have to wear a mask because they have medical conditions. (And BOTH of them were grinning while they were saying that.)

Well, I told them they just lost a sale and I walked out of the store...wearing my mask.

Exactly right. If you feel uncomfortable being around someone without a mask, practice some self responsibility and maintain a distance from that person. Its not that complicated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A relevant internet find

I love that sign. I have a sister who manages a large restaurant and the crap the staff has to put up with is ridiculous.
It is hot and we know most of you are lazy asses so you come down to the restaurant and it is ok to have others working hard to serve your fat ass and you think you have the right to whine and bitch.

You sorry asses, it wasn't that waitress's fault for the mask requirement. She or he is only attempting to work while you want others to serve you.

masks required.jpg

Exactly right. If you feel uncomfortable being around someone without a mask, practice some self responsibility and maintain a distance from that person. Its not that complicated.

Is it complicated to wear a mask?

What's ironic is the anti-maskers who say they are medically exempt from wearing a mask, don't realize common sense would also dictate they shouldn't be leaving their homes, shopping or going to work either because they are putting themselves and others FURTHER at risk. They are ****ing MORONS!

I went to a local dollar store yesterday. They had two cashiers on duty when I went to check out. BOTH of them were maskless. BOTH of them were under the age of 30. When I asked, BOTH of them said the Governor said they don't have to wear a mask because they have medical conditions. (And BOTH of them were grinning while they were saying that.)

Well, I told them they just lost a sale and I walked out of the store...wearing my mask.

Good for YOU! :applaud

Seriously, people do NOT understand the medical exemption doesn't mean they should be working or shopping. They should be staying HOME.

It's not that complicated to wear a mask. As already pointed out, the reason someone wouldn't is they are medically exempt in which case they shouldn't be shopping either. I love the freedom nuts over this since the hypocrites have no problem with stores doing a no shirt, no shoes, no service but someone having to wear a mask goes against their FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM /cue Braveheart.

I already do that. Getting sick would delay my work or worse. No one will benefit if my work is delayed.

I don't think "being a selfish idiot" qualifies as a medical condition.

This falls under the "direct threat" provisions of the ADA. The only provision that needs to be made is curbside for essential services and "sorry, we can't help you" for anything else.

A co worker of mine claimed early on in the pandemic the virus wasn't dangerous and he would never get it because he is a physical specimen. When they mandated mask wearing at work he initially refused to comply because he said he had breathing issues.

My brother has fired 3 of his employees for refusing to wear masks.

And report businesses that do not enforce the state mask mandate to OSHA or other enforcement agency as soon as you get home. Must not allow those businesses who ignore the law, to gain a competitive advantage over those businesses that work in good faith to obey their legal duty. If Walmart takes a 'see no evil' stance, but Safeway is willing to tick off anti-maskers, I want to make sure that Walmart does not get a competitive advantage by slacking.

Is it complicated to wear a mask?
About as complicated as you maintaining your distance from people that make you feel uncomfortable being around. Your health is your responsibility, not other peoples.

Facts **** on your feelings.

That being said...if a business wants to have a mask ban and I choose to frequent their business, I'll wear a mask. If I dont want to go to their business I wont.

But hey....as long as it makes the sheeple feel safe.

It's not that complicated to wear a mask. As already pointed out, the reason someone wouldn't is they are medically exempt in which case they shouldn't be shopping either. I love the freedom nuts over this since the hypocrites have no problem with stores doing a no shirt, no shoes, no service but someone having to wear a mask goes against their FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM /cue Braveheart.
Does it make you feel better about your own insecurities when you mock those that dont believe the things that you do?

Does it make you feel better about your own insecurities when you mock those that dont believe the things that you do?

Does it make YOU feel better about your own insecurities when you mock those that don't believe the things that you do?

Why is it that only Trumpies continue to deny reality about the potential for infection or for infecting others when one doesn't wear a mask?

When they are acting like children because they have to wear and mask and crying about their freedom being taken away, I will point out their idiocy. What are YOU going to do about it? Oh yeah, nothing but sit there.

It's funny how moronic anti-maskers had no problem in the past with "No shirt, no shoes, no service" but add in mask wearing and they turn into Braveheart. :lamo

Yeah sit down, your soapbox bull**** became boring the minute you lost this argument.

Back
Top Bottom