• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For all those people who complain people in Europe do not honor the fallen US troops

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Monday my mother, sister, brother in law and my 2 nephews went to the US cemetery in Margraten. We life close to there but my sister and brother in law live halfway across the Netherlands (now even in Curacao for 5 years) but they were vacationing here and wanted to visit the cemetery.

Here are the images my sister took from my youngest nephew (9 years old) who was overcome with sadness and cried for the US troops buried there

13819496_824219081012986_1896036425_n.jpg

13815037_824219047679656_455333135_n_1.jpg

13814413_824219064346321_1012576882_n_1.jpg

Let us be honest, usually children are much better human beings than adults are.

Re: For all those people who complain people in Europe do not honor the fallen US tro

Monday my mother, sister, brother in law and my 2 nephews went to the US cemetery in Margraten. We life close to there but my sister and brother in law live halfway across the Netherlands (now even in Curacao for 5 years) but they were vacationing here and wanted to visit the cemetery.

Here are the images my sister took from my youngest nephew (9 years old) who was overcome with sadness and cried for the US troops buried there

Let us be honest, usually children are much better human beings than adults are.

I hope he knows that while the loss of life is sad indeed, the purpose they were fighting for was necessary and just. It is through the efforts of men such as those that we are free today.

The Dutch didn't choose their fight. The Nazis chose it for them and even when their defeat was imminent they chose to starve the victims of their aggression. Americans (and Canadians) could no more sit by and watch those atrocities from afar than they could watch their own brothers and sisters suffer.

Re: For all those people who complain people in Europe do not honor the fallen US tro

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe;
To you from failing hands we throw
The Torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

-John McCrae

Last edited:

Lumping Europe as if it were one entity is foolish. Europe includes Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, and Spain. It also included countries like Poland, the Netherlands, and Great Britain.

Lumping Europe as if it were one entity is foolish. Europe includes Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, and Spain. It also included countries like Poland, the Netherlands, and Great Britain.

And all have different views, different kind of people, etc. etc. etc.

Please take 3 minutes and watch this!

"In Les Ventes, the American sacrifice is still very much treasured and honored."

Back
Top Bottom