• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

keeping the minimum wage at $7.25 in stead of $15

Leave it to the "party of science" for being too dumb to understand that a price floor on wages doesn't change the value of anyone's labor.

insulin at $1200

You can buy insulin in Mexico cheap, but government regulations prohibit anyone from reselling it in the US:

Due entirely to the progressive regulatory state:

This Republican party will lie and be hypocritical about anything.

It's in their DNA.

More food for thought.

The price of regular gasoline at this Royal Farms was $2.79 per gallon, creeping toward the national average of $2.96 per gallon that is the highest Memorial Day prices since 2014, according to AAA.​

Ahhh...the good old days when the Dems slammed Trump for gas that cost $2.96 a gallon. What are they saying about Biden's gas prices? <crickets>

More food for thought.

The price of regular gasoline at this Royal Farms was $2.79 per gallon, creeping toward the national average of $2.96 per gallon that is the highest Memorial Day prices since 2014, according to AAA.​

Ahhh...the good old days when the Dems slammed Trump for gas that cost $2.96 a gallon. What are they saying about Biden's gas prices? <crickets>
I think they are still blaming Trump? Seems that most issue's Biden has screwed up they blame president Trump but
they are starting to shift to Russia. They have a thing for Russia.

Sleepy is the world's laughing stock .

What is your second defence , OP ?

More food for thought.

More food for thought.

I'll use Pennsylvania as an example since I live here.

Seems to me like they didn't start really shooting up till the end of 2001-early 2002. What was the one thing extraordinary that happened during that time (hint, it happened on September 11, 2001)?

Were you slamming Bush when his prices were shooting up?

The President really has nothing to do with it. If you break it down to it's most basic element, it is the free market and society that has the most say in prices, not the President.

Theoretical question: What would happen if THEORETICALLY all of the US decided to start riding bikes to work? All of a sudden you have companies with tons of oil they now can't sell. They are going to have to lower prices to offload it or now have a ton of expenses on long term storage.

It seems to me, in my uneducated opinion, that the more military conflict there is in the world, the higher the gas prices have been. The Iraq War in the 2000s, and the war in Ukraine today. The President has nothing to do with the public's usage and capacity of how much the public is willing to spend on gasoline.

Let's say the American public, as a whole, decided that they refuse to pay $5 a gallon for gasoline, and start finding alternate ways of transportation (walking, bikes, whatever is out there)... is the price of oil going to keep rising, or are the oil companies now paying for long term storage of oil, with no way of unloading it?

People can say that The President is responsible for this, and to a small point, may be correct. What NO ONE seems to take into account, are the surveys out there that say that for now, the American public is WILLING to pay the higher prices due to what is going on currently in Ukraine for example.

You can blame Biden all you want, but as some surveys are saying, the public is ****ing willing to do it.

If you run a hamburger store, and you are selling burgers at $9 a burger, you raise prices to let's say $15 a burger, and the public is still willing to pay it, whether you like it or not, it is smart business for you to keep those prices at $15. You're selling the same amount of burgers at a higher price? You'd be dumb running a business not to do that.

More food for thought.

So, you would agree that neither president had full control or responsibility over gas prices?

I would. I have.

More food for thought.

I'll use Pennsylvania as an example since I live here.

Seems to me like they didn't start really shooting up till the end of 2001-early 2002. What was the one thing extraordinary that happened during that time (hint, it happened on September 11, 2001)?

Were you slamming Bush when his prices were shooting up?

The President really has nothing to do with it. If you break it down to it's most basic element, it is the free market and society that has the most say in prices, not the President.

Theoretical question: What would happen if THEORETICALLY all of the US decided to start riding bikes to work? All of a sudden you have companies with tons of oil they now can't sell. They are going to have to lower prices to offload it or now have a ton of expenses on long term storage.

It seems to me, in my uneducated opinion, that the more military conflict there is in the world, the higher the gas prices have been. The Iraq War in the 2000s, and the war in Ukraine today. The President has nothing to do with the public's usage and capacity of how much the public is willing to spend on gasoline.

Let's say the American public, as a whole, decided that they refuse to pay $5 a gallon for gasoline, and start finding alternate ways of transportation (walking, bikes, whatever is out there)... is the price of oil going to keep rising, or are the oil companies now paying for long term storage of oil, with no way of unloading it?

People can say that The President is responsible for this, and to a small point, may be correct. What NO ONE seems to take into account, are the surveys out there that say that for now, the American public is WILLING to pay the higher prices due to what is going on currently in Ukraine for example.

You can blame Biden all you want, but as some surveys are saying, the public is ****ing willing to do it.

If you run a hamburger store, and you are selling burgers at $9 a burger, you raise prices to let's say $15 a burger, and the public is still willing to pay it, whether you like it or not, it is smart business for you to keep those prices at $15. You're selling the same amount of burgers at a higher price? You'd be dumb running a business not to do that.
So, you would agree that neither president had full control or responsibility over gas prices?

I would. I have.
You both miss my point.

It's not about which President is to blame...though Biden's pukes are certainly to blame this time around. It's about the hypocrisy from politicians like Schumer.

You both miss my point.

It's not about which President is to blame...though Biden's pukes are certainly to blame this time around. It's about the hypocrisy from politicians like Schumer.
You missed my TWO points

1. The President has very little say in what happens to oil prices if you drill down.

2. I was pointing out your own hypocrisy of only criticizing Biden while ignoring other Presidents when gas prices have been going up since 2001.

You missed my TWO points

1. The President has very little say in what happens to oil prices if you drill down.

2. I was pointing out your own hypocrisy of only criticizing Biden while ignoring other Presidents when gas prices have been going up since 2001.
Your point is irrelevant as a response to my point.

You are dismissed.

You are dismissed.
Its only irrelevant to you because you don't like my response.

You pointed out hypocrisy. I pointed out your hypocrisy. You got butt hurt. Your dismissal means dick because I'm still here.

Hypocrite.

You are dismissed.
Aaaawww... little crybaby doesn't like when I point out his own hypocrisy so he "dismisses" me? I'm still her wittle bub. Shh shh shh... that's ok wittle buddy. Here, let me get you your binky.

I'm not going anywhere. Your dismissal is worth about as much as Russian currency.

Back
Top Bottom